[1.2] [Ry]RimCraft, a World of Warcraft Rimworld Mod last update: August 12th

Started by Ryflamer, March 17, 2019, 10:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryflamer

Quote from: Canute on April 09, 2019, 11:00:12 AM
QuoteI am planning to add a custom mine in the future to produce more ore but that will take some time and I havn't even started on it.
You shouldn't do that.
There are some mods out there like
Quarry (you can add custom ore over mod settings)
Omni Deep Core drilling. (detour patch for all mineable resources)

In case it was unclear the mine mod and some more expanded metallurgy related items would be introduced in a sub-mod, and not the main mod necessarily.

Ryflamer

Preview of some of the animals with packs with which all animals will have in the new update.

Courtesy of @Varethyn

Ryflamer

Update for 4/12/2019
*Important* This update changes pre-existing pawnkinds so this may break some saves, or at the very least throw some red errors on launch.
This update includes the following for Rimcraft.

Added The Forsaken which includes the race (human and elven variations), faction, backstories, and custom scenario for them.
Added a skeletal horse to go along with the Forsaken
Added basic hairstyles for male and female blood elves.
Added pack textures for all animals to enable proper caravans.
Faction now come with their custom animals when they arrive via trade caravans.
Added non-scuffed color variation to animals so we don't have 1000 extra pawnkinds.
Updated animal balancing including proper diets, raptors/hawkstriders laying eggs, and much more.
All factions are now correctly hostile/neutral towards the player. (If you're alliance all horde are permanently hostile to you and vice versa).
Added tens of thousands of new lore based names for Humans, Forsaken, Night Elves, and Blood Elves.
Tweaked starting colonists, refugees, and wanderers to better fit the factions.
NightElf, Direwolf, and Raptor textures improved.
Rebalanced traderkinds to better suit the respective factions and tech level.
Removed some redundant pawnkinds.
Renamed Several Defs for better compatibility
Reformated most of the XML for better readability

If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or criticisms for this update/mod feel free to leave a comment here or drop me an @ on discord https://discord.gg/3Dp7Zug

Ryflamer

This upcoming week there won't be a new race, however faction-specific weapons will finally be coming out and will have some pics of them in the next coming days. On initial release likely they won't be crafted but only accessible via drops from the NPC Factions or through traders.

Ryflamer

Looking to have improved giddyup functionality added for the patch on friday. Keep in mind this was just spawned at 100% animal spawn rate, and it will be user configured for how many are actually riding animals.

Ryflamer

Preview of all the weapons that will be added in tomorrow's update.

Canute

Talented artist! :-)
I hope you can throw the three blade sword.

Ryflamer

Update will most likely come out monday or the day after, was sick for a bit and weapons still need -a lot- of balancing to be done. For those looking to play-test it a bit early I've posted a dev build of the mod in the discord which you can find here. https://discord.gg/9BJmqvX

Bonus Kodos and rare variant skeletal horses.

Ryflamer

Rimcraft has been updated and on the top right if you click on the changelog you can see all that has changed.

*WARNING* This patch chances several pawnkind names and you may have a lot of animals that disappear due to skins being split up. *WARNING*

*WARNING* This is the first patch to introduce weapons so they're highly likely to be unbalanced and a bit wonky in some aspects. Overall I tried to balance them so that they're 10-25% stronger than vanilla steel melee weapons. Feel free to give input/criticism in the comments below.

Rimcraft is going to be taking the modular route and is now currently split into two mods, Rimcraft(This mod) and Rimcraft animals. Patches are currently all built in so that once you have both loaded you will have increased faction-specific functionality.

Link to Rimcraft Animals mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1710127259

Full changelog can be found on discord in #changelog https://discord.gg/3Dp7Zug

Ryflamer

Preview of Elekks coming up in the May 3rd patch

Ryflamer

Preview of the new (W.I.P) Draenei that're coming out next week. Keep in mind they are lacking horns/tentacles still.

Ryflamer

Some of the Voidstriders and Manasabers that will be included in the upcoming friday update

Ryflamer

Rimcraft has been updated and on the top right if you click on the changelog you can see all that has changed.

*WARNING* Rimcraft has split all of its materials into a sub-mod which will be linked below. Saves may break if using existing materials and if you don't use the sub-mod. *WARNING*

Added the Draenei race/faction.
Added faction specific weapons for Draenei, High Elves, and a couple various weapons for the different existing factions
Added Elekks, Voidstriders, and Manasabers to Rimcraft Animals.
Added truesilver and adamantite to Rimcraft Metals.
Split all the Rimcraft materials into a sub-mod which is linked below.
New scenario descriptions for all scenarios.
Undead Night/Blood elves have a chance of spawning as starting colonists for Forsaken.
Updated default pawn eyes for all races
Added pack textures for Forsaken Horse.
Fixed Kodo texture.
Rebalanced pawnkind XMLs.
Various XML Cleanup

Austupaio

Wasn't really sure how well Warcraft would blend with Rimworld, but your realization is actually pretty good. Nice work, keep it up.

fantasticrat

Hey Ryflamer! I recently put together a collection of mods for a medieval fantasy playthrough and your rimcraft mod was my main inspiration. But! I encountered some issues and was unable to use it.

In short -

• Only one faction base for each faction was loaded, which made the world VERY empty even on 30% visible. Most other factions from other mods were entirely disabled. Namely, LOTR and Ancient Rim factions. Krysa factions loaded fine but were limited to only one base, as did Medieval Times factions with only one base. Worldgen was normal when rimcraft core was removed and the missing faction bases worked as intended.
  • Night Elves don't work at all - they are not included in basic worldgen, and when selecting a night elf start the world refuses to generate completely. Other rimcraft races are functional, as are races from other mods that refused to generate faction bases.
  • Trolls don't have finalized relations with some other rimcraft factions, so they are replaced with dummy relations, and said dummy relations are not visible on the faction list. The faction is omitted instead.
  • Not an error, but an oddity - the races have no set outfits, so when I had apparello installed they loaded in welding hats and the like. It was kind of funny in a medieval game when items that shouldn't exist loaded! I ended up removing apparello to avoid it though, because they just looked too funky.

Not sure what's up as night elves are obviously functional for you. :(

Also, I encountered a minor incompatibility between The Third Age and Rimcraft metals. The metalsmithing was linked to the electric smelter, which is disabled by The Third Age. I fixed the problem by replacing the reference to the electric smelter with a medieval times object instead. I would have chosen a workshop from LOTR for simplicity, but there were none that made sense to me. It works fine otherwise, the ores load fine in mapgen, and meteorites also reference them.

Quote<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Defs>

<RecipeDef Name="WoW_Metal_Refining" Abstract="True">
      <workSpeedStat>SmeltingSpeed</workSpeedStat>
      <effectWorking>Smelt</effectWorking>
      <soundWorking>Recipe_Smelt</soundWorking>
      <allowMixingIngredients>false</allowMixingIngredients>
      <recipeUsers>
         <li>MedTimes_FueledSmelter</li>
      </recipeUsers>

And my modlist, for your debugging. Would like to note that I tried loading rimcraft both before and after other faction-related mods and got the same error either way, so load order seems not to matter? I apologize for the long list / post - can't seem to get spoilers to work to make it smaller.

QuoteCore
Hugslib
JecsTools
Miscellaneous Core
Humanoid Alien Races 2.0
Doors Expanded
edB Prepare Carefully
Area Unlocker
[KV] More Trait Slots 1.0
Miniaturisation
ED-Embrasures
Effigy Mod [1.0]
Noku Mushrooms
gloomy_hair
Witching Hour
Halloween Special Edition
Prisoner Harvesting
HolyWasher
[RF] Fishing
[RF] Rim Disorders
[RF] Rumor Has It
Dubs Bad Hygiene
More Slaves
Simple Slavery
Rimcraft
Medieval Times
Krysa Race
Lord Of The Rims - The Third Age
Ancient Rim - core file
LOTR Dwarves
LOTR Elves
LOTR Hobbits
AR - Mediterranean factions
AR - SPQRim
Megafauna
Rimcraft animals
Rimcraft metals
RimJobWorld

On the bright side.. love the animals. My elves missed the chance to tame a unicorn because it was the wrong season, hunted it for meat instead. Now I'm committed to slowly gathering a herd of them because it just.. makes sense for elves to have unicorns. The other animals blend in really well with the megafauna/LOTR animals, and the texture variations are really cool.