Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cause

Yay for allies!
five friendly chaps showed up in my base. They decided it was a good idea to stand in that open topped room at the front of my base. You know the one. Three out of Four walls covered in turrets, the forth wall having a lot gaps in it all of which are plugged with sandbags and the floor perpetually stained red despite your best efforts to keep it clean.
It was about then that a load of raiders began squeezing through the choke point leading in.
I have to say I laughed my ass off as all five were obliterated when 28 turrets and 8 miniguns all opened up on the intruders at the same time, killing all 5 friendlies and ending my alliance before the raiders fired a single shot.

The best way to avoid ticking off your allies is to not have any ^.^
You'll be better off for it too.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Shinzy

Quote from: Lost Cause on December 05, 2014, 06:47:17 PMThe best way to avoid ticking off your allies is to not have any ^.^
You'll be better off for it too.

I feel you!

Moods

Why i never get rid of the tuskbear...

so a group of pirates wanted to raid me, lucky me i only kill the tuskbear when it goes into rampage or when its close to the colony. the picture should explain why
feel free to join the teamspeak server at..

voice4rw.ts.nfoservers.com

Lost Cause

Wow... Weaponized uranium in RimWorld

[attachment deleted due to age]
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Coenmcj

Just make sure you're not fighting anyone wearing a Uranium helmet, you might make a critical mass or something.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Shinzy

Quote from: Coenmcj on December 11, 2014, 09:11:48 PM
Just make sure you're not fighting anyone wearing a Uranium helmet, you might make a critical mass or something.
It'll be something like the 0:50 in the homm IV intro =P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Sy7qkkTy8

Coenmcj

Quote from: Shinzy on December 12, 2014, 12:41:11 PM
Quote from: Coenmcj on December 11, 2014, 09:11:48 PM
It'll be something like the 0:50 in the homm IV intro =P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Sy7qkkTy8

^ Pretty much.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

MacG

Started my first alpha8 base (loving the temp changes) and the first raider who shows up is named "Stanky". Pop him a couple of times, one is a headshot, capture the guy and check out his wounds. I had blasted his nose off. Now he has no idea just how Stanky he is.

Cimanyd

So there's a pirate near my colony right now, named Scipio Little.

Child backstory: Caveworld tunneler. -2 shooting, among other things.
"Years underground have damaged his vision, so he can't shoot very well."

Adult backstory: Pit brawler. +8 melee and some disabled things.

Traits: Brawler. -6 shooting, +6 melee, melee hit chance x150%.
"His accuracy is greatly increased in melee combat, but he'll be very unhappy if asked to carry a ranged weapon."

He has 17 melee and 0 shooting. He would have -5 shooting if negative skills were possible.
He's also 69 years old and has cataracts.
His shooting accuracy stat is 57.16%.

What's his job for the pirates? Carrying a melee weapon, maybe? No, he's a sniper carrying an M-24.
He's part of a siege group, and he's the only sniper in it. So, if I wanted to try and shoot at them, he would be the only one shooting back.

No wonder they shot off each mortar once and then immediately decided to assault the colony, before I even tried to shoot at them. (I don't actually know why they did that, but it might have to do with the crashed ship part that's almost dead but I left alive in the hope Scipio might go insane and start punching the pirates.)

"I hate shooting from a distance. I want to get up close and personal!"
Considering you probably can't see anything that isn't up close, I'm not surprised.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Cimanyd

Now, from a different pirate group, a pirate ended up running toward me and attacking by himself (the others were preparing to attack). Carrying a Limestone shiv (awful). He hit once, got hit once, and fled in panic. Probably smart.

Because a limestone shiv (awful) does 2 damage a hit.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Leemster

There was once some siegers that had set up base in a cliff side and only one of them had a sniper,  so my best sniper went to have a battle with this sieger, after a minute or two the sieger with the sniper had both arms shot off and was still trying to shoot my colonist.

Tynan

Quote from: Cimanyd on December 15, 2014, 07:10:26 PM
Now, from a different pirate group, a pirate ended up running toward me and attacking by himself (the others were preparing to attack). Carrying a Limestone shiv (awful). He hit once, got hit once, and fled in panic. Probably smart.

Because a limestone shiv (awful) does 2 damage a hit.

Lol. He just brought it for show. If the code worked right, he'd walk up to you with the shiv and then just punch you because his fist is better (though I think the selection has a bug where it ignores weapon modifers from quality etc atm).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

amul

My name made it into the game in time for Alpha 8!

The first town I started up had a cryopod-thingie right about next to center, and cozy up next a thermal vent. I had my guys put a door on the tomb and built some beds in there, they spent the first few night sleeping inside the gorram crypt :) They wake up one morning, and I decide (having not read anything on the forums about the changes) to have them open up the cryopod, figuring I could use the extra colonist that I assumed would be terribly grateful for waking him up.

Wrong!

The pod pops open, I pause real quick to check out my new friend, and see that he's got high Mining and Shooting. "Awesome!" I say to my screen. "I don't have any combat capability!"

As he is killing my last guy, the "name this town" event pops up. I named it "Miner's Revenge." Watched him kill my guy, and then started a second town.

This one has a giant tomb with EIGHT cryopods in it, due east of my camp. NO WAY I'm touching that one!

Come late July, I get sieged by some baddies. As I head towards them, I notice another tomb with only 3 pods in it. Don't know how I missed it before. After dealing with the raid, I'm feeling a wee bit full of myself, so I say, "I'll just open ONE of the pods at a time, it'll be fine."

I go down to the smaller tomb -- see, I'm being all cautious 'n' stuff! I figure with my 3 gun men (Gimpy, Depressed Anna, and a Pessimist with a Green Thumb named Reed) carefully positioned, and Butcher, my 12-Melee chef to open the lid, I'll be fine even if it triggers all of the pods.

I pop open the lid and sure enough, like the idiot who doesn't read the wiki, I am completely shocked by what comes out of the 3 cryopods....

Amul, Empath. Dead.

Amul, Soldier. In shock.

Paul, Soldier. Alive.

And they're covered in berserking megascarabs. Much, I imagine, as Reed must have been telling everyone they surely would be.

Not only do TWO of them have my name-in-the-game, but the one that's still alive but in shock? He's a gorram clone from an organ farm, according to his backstory.

Butcher starts to stab at Paul, but Paul (rather wisely, I thought) makes a mad dash for the exit. Butcher gets eaten alive by the creepy-crawlies. It must have been like something straight out of The Mummy. The other half of the swarm is between Paul and the exits --where my guys are.

I have a moment of sanity then, and order my gun-squad to run back to base. Only Gimpy is named so because of his gorram prosthetic leg and doesn't run so well. I'm watching him lag behind the others, doubtless hurried on by the agony-ridden wails of Lt Paul who manages to get a brief glimpse of the planet he landed on before being swarmed by the buggers.

I'm watching the critters catch up to Gimpy, his friends so far ahead of him that I can't even see them on the zoom-level I'm at. Gimpy re-calcs his path. I glance at the north side of the screen and see that Gimpy's trying to navigate around a herd of Muffalo.

Gimpy is deep in the herd of them as the critters catch up. One of them decides to take a bite out of a Muffalo, possibly out of sheer "I am the living vengeance of a god from another world" orneriness. Muffalo goes berserk! Attacks all of the beetles! Gimpy is saved!

I send my team back to recover Me and all the loot. While my namesake is healing, I check his thoughts -- all the usual death and post-combat stuff, and down at the bottom is "Has a bionic bodypart -12."

I check his Character Tab again, and sure enough:
QuoteChildhood: Organ Farm
Adulthood: Colony Settler

Traits: Prosthophobe, Careful shooter.
Health: bite, bite, bite, bite, bite, bite, Bionic Leg: cracked.

It explains so much! It's like an entire backstory right there!

Plus, he'll fit right in to my squad of morose gun-nuts.

It's so awesome, I'm tempted to upgrade to the full backstory so I can add this to it.

Beastro

Haven't played long but the burn scar on the left side of one of my colonists gave me pause as to how she was still keeping up as an active member of the group and not a drooling idiot.

PapaDookie

huntingwith an incediary launcher. it's so much fun to watch a muffalo go ape when he catches on fire  ;D