Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Element4ry

Four guys in my colony barely won a battle against pirate raid, all of them ended up in hospital being treated by old peg-legged almost blind doctor who have only one arm. Guy in first medical bed have leg shot off. Guy in second med-bed got last remaing arm shot off. Guy in third med-bed lost both eyes and two fingers. Guy in last bed have bunch of gunshot wounds, missing arm and is only one who have power armor. Also the power armor guy is superior in hand to hand combat (melee skill 18). Then he goes nuts and kills everyone in my colony single-handedly. I lol'd so hard.
·–·· ––– ··· · / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –– ·· –· –·· / –··–· / · ·– – / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –·–· ·–· · ·––

DeltaV

Kind of cruelly funny, but one time on random random, all within a day:

• A heat wave began
• My crops died
• A solar flare occurred (Meant air conditioners didn't work)
• Raiders beamed down directly onto my camp
• Mechanoids showed up

This was, like, day twenty.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Arigas

Quote from: DeltaV on December 19, 2014, 01:57:09 PM
Kind of cruelly funny, but one time on random random, all within a day:

� A heat wave began
� My crops died
� A solar flare occurred (Meant air conditioners didn't work)
� Raiders beamed down directly onto my camp
� Mechanoids showed up

This was, like, day twenty.
I hate Randy for that reason...

Halinder

The fact that my colony called Unfortunation has been the most successful of all 27 of my colonies.

The constant juggle between a planter planting trees and a builder building power conduits.

(Guns+ mod only) An entire raid's worth of people being on three cells when my colonist fires a grenade launcher.

Animal insanity of squirrels. Click a squirrel outside my base, double-click to see the rest of the squirrels in that area -- 26 in my base.

Those poor hypothermic tortoises.

And finally the beauty of releasing a prisoner into the wilderness in hopes of peace with a pesky enemy faction, when the visiting faction starts firing shots after him. This did not kill him. What killed him was the MASSIVE raid that popped up /literally about ten cells from his escape/. The people at the front beat him to death without question, but hey, at least they got shot in the back doing it.

Everteal

1)My roommate (who also plays Rimworld) comes in my room for a smoke after which I immediately get  notice of a pirate siege - "Great....". Usually I send my careful shooters to pick em off 1 by 1 from afar but I ask him if he has tested the new launchers, he says "no". It just so happens that i have a bunch of Doomsday launchers that I've never tried myself. I grab 2(because why not?) of em and go meet the besiegers. My guys launch 2 missiles at the same time while standing shoulder to shoulder and dogging incoming sniper shots when BOOM.

And this pops up :D Needless to say - my roommate chocked on smoke which made it even better.

2) Spending 5'000-10'000 silver on friendly reinforcements when confronted with 3 dozen Centipedes and Scythers.

kasimirtlw

I was under siege in the last game by 5 raiders. they where better armed then me. so i ran away from them thru my base
I had up set some trap rooms for the visitors int he past an had a lost gun in a closed room 2x3. i completely had forgotten about it as it was now part of the center colony. the raiders where beating down on the doors and and kept following my guys. then they found the forgotten gun.
they all assaulted it and behold  it exploded killing them all 5 in one blow. this really made me grin  ear to ear
since then I have 4 of those rooms in my colony with limestone wall and  wooden doors :)

Oga88

I have two exampels :) :) :)

- its late game almost finished my ship to fly away. AND fire starts battery explodes. so all my guys start to take the fire out. Stone walls 10 batteries are burning and people start dying I didn't get it why it was all fine they needed to just take the fire out. BUT then i see the temperature inside 400+ C. All of them died. And of a wonderful colony

- Came traders and a tribe visited me they start a shootout  :) traders won, but then came a pirate band  :) and traders won again not without the help of my colonist.

I like this moments because it never happend to me before. Cool :D

OmG_PotatoeZ

Group of raiders tried to siege my colony. They attempt to waltz into the front door but alas, 2 of my colonists with Shotguns and one with a minigun stand in their way. Incapacitating my minigunner, my shotgunners charge in loading the pirates with buckshot. Suddenly, boomrat goes mad, I retreat my colonists back into my battery room, locking my medical bay, All the pirates are in the battery room, boomrat sprints at them, they all turn towards it, killing it right beside my batteries, causing a chain reaction of about 20 batteries, blowing a hole into the back of my colony. Needless to say, I will never allow a boomrat to live again.

milon

OmG_PotatoeZ

Everteal

The happiness system.

-Observed enemy killed: 'Lol'
-Saw ally killed: 'Meh'
-Walking over a rotten battlefield: 'Dude, did you hear there's a psychotic squirrel around?'
-Prisoner organ harvested to save an ally or sold one to buy that food we need: 'We just murdered like 150 of them, who cares, but I'll remember this for DAYS!'
-Battle: 'Daaaamn there's so much blood and corpses, glad we put that golden statue behind us, this place looks FANTASTIC!'
-Prisoners after 1-2 days: 'Ha, look at those guys going mental trying to heal and feed us. I'm in heaven!'

Halinder

Building your entire base revolving around a dev-mode built ship with all appliances needed save for food stocks, trying to scramble to feed them all, only to have a great deal of them starve to death while planting berries.

And then deciding 'meh' and launching the empty ship, leaving nothing behind but the gun batteries and /every single room that had the appliances needed for your people to live./

Scotty

Had a colonist called Badluck i captured from raid. He was part of a party sent to assault a mortor camp near my base. He was the only one of the group killed by the mortor....

TheWalrusNet

In my current colony, none of my three starter colonists are dead. But, being three of my best fighters, they've been in every conflict and suffered a fair few war wounds. One of them, "Price" has been armed with a shotgun and assigned the role of flanking and attacking from the rear at close range to stop pirates from escaping. She's survived doing this to countless pirate groups, including heavily armed and skilled ones.
But one day, a group of four pirates decided to attack. One of them is the only person Price has ever failed to capture, "lucya." Lucya is an assassin with 15 shooting skill, in the last raid she shot Price with a sniper rifle, and she's ready for revenge. Fortunately, this pirate group wasn't terribly organized, and they'd given Lucya a melee weapon, which she had a skill of 2 at using. Accompanying her was a man with 0 shooting skill, armed with an L-15 LMG, wearing nothing but a military hat, and two other unremarkable pirates, both armed with sniper rifles, with 0 and 1 shooting skill.
"This raid will be pathetic." I thought to myself. And it was. When my colonists landed their first shot on target, both lucya and the naked LMG wielding psychopath decided to flee. Leaving the incompetent snipers to be mowed down in the ensuing small skirmish. Seeing as the battle went so well I didn't really check the health of my colonists, as people had only suffered from 1 gunshot wound at most.
The next day I get a notification, 'Starvation.' This is a rather odd message to get, as I had a completely full stockpile of food held indoors. I check around and it's Price, cutting plants for some reason. No matter what i do, i can't get her to eat. Confused, i check the health panel. As it turns out, the only hit Price had received in the tiny skirmish, had shot off her jaw, she was incapable of eating or speaking. Yet for some reason she was still happy about having recently had three social chats.
In the end I'm inevitably going to have to watch one of my initial colonists die or go crazy because she can't eat or ask for help. Hopefully she'll go unconscious and someone will feed her, but is that life really worth it?
Certainly the most hilarious and bizarre injury I've seen so far

Everteal

@TheWalrusNet - You can install a denture jaw: click on your colonist -> Health -> Operations -> Add bill.