Started by AY, August 28, 2014, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AY

Quote from: Aristocat on November 01, 2014, 07:31:31 AM

<equippedStatOffsets>
      <MoveSpeed>-1.5</MoveSpeed>
         <WorkSpeedGlobal>-0.8</WorkSpeedGlobal>
      </equippedStatOffsets>

It's already implemented a month ago or so(alpha 6 or 7).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pIZyKif0bFbBWten4drrm7kfSSfvBoJPgG9-ywfN8j8/pub

"The game takes place at a time about 3,500 years in our future. This is the year 5500 in our calendar."

"Charged-shot weapons (aka Tokamak weapons) - Charged shot weapons fire projectiles coated in a matrix of magnetically-contained charged particles. On impact, the energy in the particles is released in a very efficient explosion. These require high amounts of power to fire and are powered by hex-cells (at small scales) or fusion reactors in the case of large cannons."

"Heavy combat mechanoids that glide on dozens of tiny legs. Their heavy armor and firepower makes them very effective against bunched-up static defenders. They are somewhat vulnerable to mobile hit-and-run tactics."

"Transcendent worlds - Worlds inhabited by people who have become something beyond human and unknowable. No �people� live here; these planets aren�t planets any more in the traditional sense; they�re more like giant computers."

1. Thanks for bringing that into my attention, will be added to the mod shortly.
2. All it says are that blaster weapons uses advanced magnetic technology to contain the particles, and that it requires a lot of energy to fire. It does not imply that energy weapons are as you say "supposed to be most deadliest weapon in the rim world and seems man-kind can't even reproduce anything similar".

the_hawkk

This may be a dumb question, but is there anyway to make a downloadable .zip file for this mod? i love it to death but im on a mac and .rar files make my computer sad..
:-\

Iwillbenicetou

Use the unarchiver! I have mac too, and it can challenge .rar files too. It's on the app store.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

AY

Quote from: the_hawkk on November 03, 2014, 02:59:28 PM
This may be a dumb question, but is there anyway to make a downloadable .zip file for this mod? i love it to death but im on a mac and .rar files make my computer sad..
:-\
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on November 03, 2014, 03:20:03 PM
Use the unarchiver! I have mac too, and it can challenge .rar files too. It's on the app store.

If it doesn't work, I can upload an uncompressed version.  :)

VStraken

Does the fortifications mod make any changes to doors/autodoors? I have noticed that after installing that mod, any new doors I installed lack the second "lock" option button, the one that allows you to cycle between normal/key access/lockdown/always open - there is only the button that allows for lockdown/normal operation. Doors that I had installed prior to the addition of this mod still have that second button.

AY

Quote from: VStraken on November 04, 2014, 05:31:55 AM
Does the fortifications mod make any changes to doors/autodoors? I have noticed that after installing that mod, any new doors I installed lack the second "lock" option button, the one that allows you to cycle between normal/key access/lockdown/always open - there is only the button that allows for lockdown/normal operation. Doors that I had installed prior to the addition of this mod still have that second button.
Technically it does, but it only adds a damage modifier that makes them more durable. What other mods are you using?

VStraken

Pretty much all the latest versions of these mods, except for refrigeration. I was using the ED Embrasures previously but turned it off. The problem seems to persist even when I make a new world and colony.

Core
A2B
AnimuHair
Apparello
DusterJacket
ED-Core
TTMAnimalHusbandryA7
TargetPractise
Refrigeration 1.03
ProjectArmory215
Mining & Co. Common
Mining & Co. Deepdriller+MMS
MAI
EdBInterface
EdBPrepareCarefully
ED-DeepStrike
ED-LaserDrill
ED-OmniGel
ED-PersonalShields
ED-Shields
ED-WirelessPower
NewRecipeNurse
ProjectArmoryEquipmentRack
Apothecarius
Miscellaneous_-_HiRes
Pforzheim
SurgeryExtendedAndBonics
Fortifications Mod

AY

Quote from: VStraken on November 04, 2014, 08:18:02 PM
Pretty much all the latest versions of these mods, except for refrigeration. I was using the ED Embrasures previously but turned it off. The problem seems to persist even when I make a new world and colony.

I know for sure it's not the fortifications mod, because the lock button does show up on mine. It's most likely the EdB interface mod conflicting, try disabling it and generating a test world, and check if the problem still persists.

VStraken

I tried a bunch of things involving the interface and the fortifications, and the only options so far that has brought back that button have been to remove both mods or just fortifications. unfortunately. Maybe another mod?

AY

Quote from: VStraken on November 04, 2014, 09:28:37 PM
I tried a bunch of things involving the interface and the fortifications, and the only options so far that has brought back that button have been to remove both mods or just fortifications. unfortunately. Maybe another mod?
Try disabling the following individually:
ED Core - And other ED stuff
Refrigeration - I have a few bugs running that as well
Target Practice
Mining & Co.

These are the only mods you have that also have the chance of over-writing the Buildings_Structure file.

VStraken

Found it, it's Mining & Co. Deepdriller, specifically. Deactivating it got back the button. And interestingly enough, I think I found that there's a way to get them to work together and have the button stay! I thought my saves would be lost, and good enough when I turned off either Fortification or Deepdriller, then the save would cause the world (not the interface - you can still open/close the console and the esc menu in order to go back to main menu) to turn all white. Turning them both back on made the white screen go away, but the console would still come up with errors (it seems they were related to non-player factions being present on the map). Turning them back on and then restarting the game produced no problems at all - the button is there, the screen is clear, and there are no errors! Might it be a load order conflict or something?

EDIT: To clarify, I had both Fortifications and Deepdriller active, then deactivated Deepdriller and it broke the saves; I then reactivated it and restarted the game and the saves worked.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 31, 2014, 04:23:16 AM
Fair enough. I'll try the kit switcher and see how it changes things.

So I did some more testing and here is what I found:

• Using the kit switcher to disable any pre-WWII weapons helps even the playing field for pirates.
  • Map choice matters a lot. 400x400 Flat or Small Hills tends to create large open fields that are dominated by long range weapons, especially since foliage doesn't affect gunfire. Large Hills and Mountains is less lopsided because you'll have terrain blocking line of sight. Smaller maps reduce the effect of this since enemies spawn closer to your colony. 350x350 Small Hills is okay and anything smaller should be fine as well.
  • Removing rocks from enemy approaches kinda breaks the AI of larger raids in that they'll charge straight at you instead of taking cover behind trees.

I also found some oddities in the stats of some of the fictional weapons. The R-4 has 20 damage with 3 round bursts, 75 range and a market value of 500. An AK-47 has 20 damage with 6 round bursts, 60 range and a market value of 325. Now this is all just personal opinion since obviously there is no real R-4 charge rifle but you'd think the significantly more advanced design would perform better than the obsolete one. As it stands it is actually worse, because 15 range isn't worth halved burst size. The 40k Bolters are even weirder, they do 16 damage despite firing .75cal ammo. Mechanoid weapons I already mentioned.

Another thing I noticed is that the mod seems to treat the AKS-74U as an assault rifle when it is really an SMG version of the AKS-74. The thing has a barrel length of 210mm (that is less than an MP5) with an effective range of ~200m and its use is mainly as self-defense weapon on vehicle crews or as a compact automatic weapon for police and spec-ops, the only commonality with assault rifles is that it uses 5.45x39 ammo.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Tsilliev

Thanks thats what I was asking for, a tile that slows down the enemy, like barbed wires!

AY

Quote from: VStraken on November 04, 2014, 10:44:58 PM
Found it, it's Mining & Co. Deepdriller, specifically. Deactivating it got back the button. And interestingly enough, I think I found that there's a way to get them to work together and have the button stay! I thought my saves would be lost, and good enough when I turned off either Fortification or Deepdriller, then the save would cause the world (not the interface - you can still open/close the console and the esc menu in order to go back to main menu) to turn all white. Turning them both back on made the white screen go away, but the console would still come up with errors (it seems they were related to non-player factions being present on the map). Turning them back on and then restarting the game produced no problems at all - the button is there, the screen is clear, and there are no errors! Might it be a load order conflict or something?

EDIT: To clarify, I had both Fortifications and Deepdriller active, then deactivated Deepdriller and it broke the saves; I then reactivated it and restarted the game and the saves worked.
Most likely load order overwriting some stuff that shouldn't be. Glad to see you get it working again.

AY

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 05, 2014, 05:43:20 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 31, 2014, 04:23:16 AM
Fair enough. I'll try the kit switcher and see how it changes things.

So I did some more testing and here is what I found:

• Using the kit switcher to disable any pre-WWII weapons helps even the playing field for pirates.
  • Map choice matters a lot. 400x400 Flat or Small Hills tends to create large open fields that are dominated by long range weapons, especially since foliage doesn't affect gunfire. Large Hills and Mountains is less lopsided because you'll have terrain blocking line of sight. Smaller maps reduce the effect of this since enemies spawn closer to your colony. 350x350 Small Hills is okay and anything smaller should be fine as well.
  • Removing rocks from enemy approaches kinda breaks the AI of larger raids in that they'll charge straight at you instead of taking cover behind trees.

I also found some oddities in the stats of some of the fictional weapons. The R-4 has 20 damage with 3 round bursts, 75 range and a market value of 500. An AK-47 has 20 damage with 6 round bursts, 60 range and a market value of 325. Now this is all just personal opinion since obviously there is no real R-4 charge rifle but you'd think the significantly more advanced design would perform better than the obsolete one. As it stands it is actually worse, because 15 range isn't worth halved burst size. The 40k Bolters are even weirder, they do 16 damage despite firing .75cal ammo. Mechanoid weapons I already mentioned.

Another thing I noticed is that the mod seems to treat the AKS-74U as an assault rifle when it is really an SMG version of the AKS-74. The thing has a barrel length of 210mm (that is less than an MP5) with an effective range of ~200m and its use is mainly as self-defense weapon on vehicle crews or as a compact automatic weapon for police and spec-ops, the only commonality with assault rifles is that it uses 5.45x39 ammo.

I will admit I have not done enough research in this matter  :P . Although I must say, weapon balance with over 100 different ones from different eras is a pain in the a$$ to keep track of. The one's you have pointed out will be fixed next update.