[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: EdB on April 10, 2016, 04:46:47 PM
Quote from: Poebe on April 10, 2016, 03:54:16 PM
Prepare carefully-made colonists do not display social tab

Thanks for the bug report.  Will look into it.

EDIT: Can someone else confirm that they are seeing this problem?  The Social tab appears without a problem for me.  Maybe specific customizations that you chose are triggering the problem?  Or a mod conflict?

I see the social bar just fine. None of the mods have (which are few since A13 is new) conflict.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Arigas

Quote from: Dragoon on April 10, 2016, 05:11:18 PM
Quote from: Arigas on April 10, 2016, 05:00:19 PM
I don't even get the Prepare Carefully button. Only mod loaded is the beta for this one and Core.
you have to restart after you create a world for it to show up.
Mod is activated, created a new world default settings, closed the game, reopened it, went in to new colony on new world, no button.

Edit: Looks like the mod load order mod isn't even working for me. Going to try a fresh copy of the game, see if thats my problem.
Edit 2: Works finally with a fresh copy of the game files.
Edit 3: Social tab works fine for me.

lvlchg

(Linux  version)
Mine is crashing at map selection, before the prepare carefully button is even displayed. I restarted the client after creating a new map for A13.

Log shows:
Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Gun_Junker

Exception loading world from AlaraphIX.rww:
System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[Edit]: Rebuilt the map once more and now I'm getting the prepare carfully button missing instead.

lvlchg

Quote from: Canute on April 11, 2016, 08:45:55 AM
Just a question, where did you got a A13 version of this mod ?
It is currently just for A12.
Check the original post, the author posted a beta of the A13 version.

Vee

Linux here.
Testing environment with only core and EdBPrepareCarefully.
New World, new game, PC, and just when I expect the escape pods to send my pawns down onto a distant Rimworld game crashes. Looks like the texture/resource loading problem lots of mods have when converting to A13 (same was with the EdB Colonist Bar).
Logfile: https://bpaste.net/show/eef123e64c16

PS: While trying to run with my usual mods, I ran into the missing button problem once, but this crash seems unrelated and a quick reload of the mods (Mod menu open and close again) seems to fix that one...

Saintevil11

EdB I've been using prepare carefully on every world since I found it. Keep up the amazing work. One bug on the beta though, my colonists wont wander, the only way they move after they land is when I draft them.

chiefbalonga

Quote from: Saintevil11 on April 11, 2016, 10:23:35 AM
my colonists wont wander, the only way they move after they land is when I draft them.

Had the same problem in a save, but I hadnt even gotten the button for the mod on this save either. It was just one colonist with the lazy trait who did not move unless drafted, thats the one thing id noticed that set him out.

Starhero

Somehow, I had this working with my soup of mods, but I have resently updated and installed more mods that have updated. Now all of a sudden, after redoing the mods list, new world, and new settlement, my pawns are NOT being saved in prep carefully. I get a random 3 pawns..not what I pick.

I'd love to trace this to w/e is causing this, anyone have any tips in debugging rimworld? Seems the log, gives obfuscated or just simply compiled symbols? Can't even tell what mod is crashing....

EDIT: I have singled out what is causing this. Its the colonist bar (the simple one for A13)

Removing that mod made prep carefully work again, but this is no good! I need BOTH! This to play my custom senerio I always do (which will be lovely once relationships are moddable) and the other just to KNOW who the HELL is in my place!!

No rush, just letting everyone know.

Dryparn

Quote from: Starhero on April 11, 2016, 04:39:03 PM
Somehow, I had this working with my soup of mods, but I have resently updated and installed more mods that have updated. Now all of a sudden, after redoing the mods list, new world, and new settlement, my pawns are NOT being saved in prep carefully. I get a random 3 pawns..not what I pick.

I'd love to trace this to w/e is causing this, anyone have any tips in debugging rimworld? Seems the log, gives obfuscated or just simply compiled symbols? Can't even tell what mod is crashing....

EDIT: I have singled out what is causing this. Its the colonist bar (the simple one for A13)

Removing that mod made prep carefully work again, but this is no good! I need BOTH! This to play my custom senerio I always do (which will be lovely once relationships are moddable) and the other just to KNOW who the HELL is in my place!!

No rush, just letting everyone know.

I had the same problem but it fixed itself when i reordered the mods.

DarknessLilly

Quote from: Saintevil11 on April 11, 2016, 10:23:35 AM
EdB I've been using prepare carefully on every world since I found it. Keep up the amazing work. One bug on the beta though, my colonists wont wander, the only way they move after they land is when I draft them.

i have had this problem. when i tried to use Hospitality. Worked fine after i uninstalled Hospitality maybe they conflict?

Vashkiri

Hello EdB,

I think there is a conflict with Hospitality Mod. When activated together, I have one or more immobile colon. They can neither move nor sleep. I don't know if the problem is just for me, but I prefer to report if others have the same problem.

EDIT: Oops sorry, same message like DarknessLilly, it wasn't posted when I started my message ^^

Kiquad

Hey! First i have to say, awesome mod, thank you for all the work!

I also want to report the same "bug" mentioned above. Would be awesome if your Mod and Hospitality are able to co-exist.

something776

I also had the same problem.  I haven't tested out the idea, but what might work is to use prepare carefully to get your colonists on the ground, and then save and exit, disable the mod, and then maybe it would work with Hospitality.  I haven't put this to the test yet, but it might work.

Starhero

Quote from: something776 on April 12, 2016, 08:22:19 AM
I also had the same problem.  I haven't tested out the idea, but what might work is to use prepare carefully to get your colonists on the ground, and then save and exit, disable the mod, and then maybe it would work with Hospitality.  I haven't put this to the test yet, but it might work.

I thought of this aswell but never tested it. You probably would need to edit the save file for that to work, which doesn't seem hard to do.

I actually have gone back to A12 as I was enjoying hardcore SK mod and until that is updated, the features for this update aren't as exciting as SK right now for me. esp since I haven't survived long enough to get anywhere decent.

Plus, I need the colonist bar, I litterally will LOSE the dudes if I don't have it. :P

Kolljak

Im having the same issue w/o it my colonist wont eat or anything. just throws red acceptions ill fiddle around a bit.