[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusKreist

Prepare Carefully is not fully ported, compiled, tested and approved for Alpha 14 so you do not have a guarantee. BUT the compiled version works without major flaws on its own, even the items from the scenario are taken into account.

I could not force that behaviour so I have to assume one of two things are happening.
1.) You are using a conflicting mod.
2.) You are using a mod which does not play nice and have that mod loaded after Prepare Carefully.

Yonan

Quote from: redb2112 on July 19, 2016, 03:29:45 AM
I need some help.
I had this problem with only one mod, Misc MapGenerator, which I had to disable.  Has worked fine with all the others I've been using.

edit: awesome, the update fixed the random disabled skill problem. <3

Dead_Terror

Quote from: JesusKreist on July 19, 2016, 08:01:49 AM
Prepare Carefully is not fully ported, compiled, tested and approved for Alpha 14 so you do not have a guarantee. BUT the compiled version works without major flaws on its own, even the items from the scenario are taken into account.

I could not force that behaviour so I have to assume one of two things are happening.
1.) You are using a conflicting mod.
2.) You are using a mod which does not play nice and have that mod loaded after Prepare Carefully.

I have only this mod. I downloaded it via the link that was given here. Ingame it says: "...incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'..." and it's marked red in "Mods"
I installed the game with steam. The mod version is different from the game version...

JesusKreist

You did notice the hotfix that resides in the Beta Tab under "unstable" did you?

Cefwyn

If you load your own toons in Prepare Carefully, then start the game and have it revert to default toons:
- Do not load previously made toons! Old ones don't work anymore, make completely new ones.

Grynnreaper

Here's the latest from a few pages ago. seriously some of you should do a lil more looking.

Quote from: EdB on July 17, 2016, 06:57:08 PM
Quote from: LadyAth on July 17, 2016, 10:35:15 AM
@Zap Brannigan:  I got that as well, but just save your game, quit RimWorld and load it again.  All pawns appear fine afterwards.

I've made a fix that I believe resolves this issue:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases/tag/v0.14.0.2

nuschler22

Having a strange issue....

I started a colony yesterday using this and it worked well, but added some mods today.  No errors.

I tried to start a new colony today, and when I get to the screen where you're able to use Prepare Carefully, the button is there but doesn't do anything.

I assume it's a mod conflict. 

Does this work will CCL?  That's the only thing I can think that I'd add that would cause so much of a conflict.

Potatopantz

I was trying to launch a game using this mod and a few others and I would set my people up and when it would launch they would be the default 3 people that were loaded up before I prepared. I thought maybe one of the other mods was interfering with it some how so I turned all mods off and then turned just prepare carefully on and god an error. I have a screenshot of the errors I got which should be attached to this post does anyone know how to fix this?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

rchaves007

Quote from: nuschler22 on July 19, 2016, 02:41:35 PM
Having a strange issue....

I started a colony yesterday using this and it worked well, but added some mods today.  No errors.

I tried to start a new colony today, and when I get to the screen where you're able to use Prepare Carefully, the button is there but doesn't do anything.

I assume it's a mod conflict. 

Does this work will CCL?  That's the only thing I can think that I'd add that would cause so much of a conflict.

i was having the same problem and after a while i decided to change the targeted version to  the current one... if i recall it ends in a 8 and the targeted version ends in a 4 so that did the trick also fixes the problem on having the toons going back to the default ones... dont know it that helps anyone

redb2112

Yonan, it was exactly that one mod you mentioned, I removed it completely, started a new game, and there they were.  Bless you!

EdB

Quote from: rchaves007 on July 19, 2016, 06:14:57 PM
i was having the same problem and after a while i decided to change the targeted version to  the current one... if i recall it ends in a 8 and the targeted version ends in a 4 so that did the trick also fixes the problem on having the toons going back to the default ones... dont know it that helps anyone

Thanks for tracking down this issue.  It didn't seem to affect the non-Steam version (as far as I could tell), but I did a quick update to get the target version number to match the Alpha 14c version:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases

Grynnreaper

i have no problems running misc and edbpc, i just load edb after misc map gen and its all good, + there is a misc +edb patch for you to load after both.

Riddle78

I just can't seem to get the A14c version of Prepare Carefully to work on the Steam version; The button appears,but it does absolutely nothing. What information do I have to provide so I can help you guys help me?

Raf's

Quote from: Riddle78 on July 20, 2016, 03:20:17 PM
I just can't seem to get the A14c version of Prepare Carefully to work on the Steam version; The button appears,but it does absolutely nothing. What information do I have to provide so I can help you guys help me?
Having the same problem

eskoONE

Quote from: Raf's on July 20, 2016, 04:28:22 PM
Quote from: Riddle78 on July 20, 2016, 03:20:17 PM
Having the same problem

if u have epoe and gilttertech installed, try disabling both. that was the issue for me.