[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

I've posted what I consider to be a full alpha 14 release (v0.14.1.1).  It addresses some issues that were in the previous alpha 14 releases, but I did have to make a couple of big code changes to do so.  Whenever you do that, you run the risk of introducing new problems, so please let me know here on the forum or on github if something looks broken.

You can download from the original post.  I'll look at getting it up on Steam as soon as possible.

EdB

Quote from: EdB on July 31, 2016, 12:23:31 PM
You can download from the original post.  I'll look at getting it up on Steam as soon as possible.

The latest version of the mod is now available from Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735106432

Dragonknight951

huh i'm glad you decided to update this mod despite saying you weren't. and thank you so much for giving me what is my #1 most essential mod purely for the ability to add my self, friends, family, and people i come up with into the amazing universe that is rimworld.

EdB

Quote from: Dragonknight951 on July 31, 2016, 06:43:48 PM
huh i'm glad you decided to update this mod despite saying you weren't. and thank you so much for giving me what is my #1 most essential mod purely for the ability to add my self, friends, family, and people i come up with into the amazing universe that is rimworld.

Yep, sorry about the back-and-forth on the decision making.  I should have thought about it a little longer before saying that I was done with it, but the initial feedback did help motivate me to make it open-source and finish the half-done version that I had at the time.  I probably won't be continuing past Alpha 14, but this gives more time for people to pick it up if they want to continue with it.

rsdworker

Quote from: EdB on July 31, 2016, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: Dragonknight951 on July 31, 2016, 06:43:48 PM

Yep, sorry about the back-and-forth on the decision making.  I should have thought about it a little longer before saying that I was done with it, but the initial feedback did help motivate me to make it open-source and finish the half-done version that I had at the time.  I probably won't be continuing past Alpha 14, but this gives more time for people to pick it up if they want to continue with it.

well you done alot good work on this mod - you dont have to stop the modding - you can always go back to update it if needed

daagar

Even if you choose to move on post-a14, that fact you were willing to release the code is outstanding. This seems to be a highly desired mod, and chances are much higher that someone will be willing to tackle it for a15 and beyond with your source contribution.

Autocthon

Thanks for the latest update EdB, it sure is slick. i used to have minor issues with the GUI from time to time in the last version but they appear to be completely gone now.

Arcinius

Quote from: Autocthon on August 02, 2016, 01:53:10 AM
Thanks for the latest update EdB, it sure is slick. i used to have minor issues with the GUI from time to time in the last version but they appear to be completely gone now.

Remove any previous versions completely. Doesn't matter if you have them deactivated or not. You gotta get them out of your mods folder.

C0pper

REQUEST 1:
At the "Add Resources and Equipment"
Either Add extra buttons to add/remove 10 and/or 100, OR Allow us to Hold Shift for 10, and Alt for 100.
It would be insanely useful.

REQUEST 2:
When clicking the arrows to change the Adulthood/Childhood things,
have it scroll through the options Alphabetically, please.

QUESTION:
What's the "Point spent" for???

PARTIALLY OF-TOPIC QUESTION:
What file(s) contains the Adulthood/Childhood traits?
I wish to make my own, but can't seem to find them...

EOP:
"That's about all she wrote."

CannibarRechter

>  You gotta get them out of your mods folder.

Wut. How is this even a thing?
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Monzer

hey thanks for the awesome mod . I thought I have limits creating new character but its free its cheating  ;D hope they make a system or something .

Sarelth

Quote from: CannibarRechter on August 09, 2016, 11:57:51 AM
>  You gotta get them out of your mods folder.

Wut. How is this even a thing?

If you do not remove the old folder with all the files, the new version does not overwrite all the pieces and can get major errors due to trying to use old code that is not meant for the version you are using.

Codexehow

Someone is adopting this mod, right? Pretty please? This is one of a few that I just can't play without.

Etherdreamer

Quote from: Monzer on August 10, 2016, 05:58:14 PM
hey thanks for the awesome mod . I thought I have limits creating new character but its free its cheating  ;D hope they make a system or something .

it used to have a point system, but basically using this mod "it´s cheating" (it´s a single player game, so it´s up to you what it´s cheating and what not). The creator removed the point system since I guest was silly if anyways you are going to modify what you´re going to get at start.

Also, anyone already tested if works with the latest build? (with other mods too).

I miss this mod, I can´t live without my psychopath starting workers.

Tai

The point value is a limit of sorts. It's a self-imposed limit. Pick a point value you find to be fair and don't go over it.