[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

I've release a new version, v1.2.1.  The first alpha 7 release was done relatively quickly just to get it out and working.  This release adds proper support for alpha 7's "things made of stuff" feature.  As usual with my early releases, I expect this one to have a few bugs.  Thanks in advance for the patience and for acting as testers with your bug reports.  Besides follow-up bugfix releases, I expect this to be the last version before alpha 8.

Release notes:

• The apparel customization UI now lets you select a material for any apparel items that can be crafted using "stuff."  For this type of apparel, the color that you select blends with the default color of the material to determine the final apparel color.
  • Apparel in the equipment screen is now listed separately by material.
  • Added a third trait slot.
  • Tweaked the maximum number of points and the colonist point costs.
  • Right-clicking the passion indicator lowers the passion level instead of increasing it.
  • Added some additional error handling so that the mod gives up when there's a fatal error instead of continuing to log an error every frame.  Probably does not cover every scenario, but it should be better.
  • Skills no longer go below zero (since negative numbers no longer impact a colonist's "market value").
  • Removed the neurotrainer from the list of available items.  It wasn't working correctly, and it doesn't really make sense to add it when you can just increase your colonists skill on the character screen--for far fewer points.
  • Changed the preset file format so that it is now more forgiving when you enable and disable mods.  You'll see an error message telling you that some definitions failed to load.  To see which definitions, look at the console.  Old preset files should still work, but no promises.  I recommend re-saving them so that they are stored in the new file format.
  • BUGFIX: No longer tries to create apparel out of synthread if that apparel cannot be "made of stuff."

Sooner535

Do you think you could add a option to save per colonist rather or in conjunction with save preset?

Dickhat

Quote from: Sooner535 on October 07, 2014, 12:52:40 AM
Do you think you could add a option to save per colonist rather or in conjunction with save preset?

This would be great. I love making me and my friends in game. Would be fun to change the group that goes in without having to redo the others.

LORDPrometheus

Quote from: Sooner535 on October 07, 2014, 12:52:40 AM

This would be great. I love making me and my friends in game. Would be fun to change the group that goes in without having to redo the others.
[/quote]

Whenever I do that Michael always dies
Justin goes crazy and kills either Benji or tommy
Jack is useless
And I sit there virtual face-palming the whole time

skullywag

Im constantly shouting down to the Mrs:
"you just died from plague!"
"some raider just blew your leg off!"
"I may or may not of accidentally collapsed a roof on you..."

and my best yet:

"Darling a squirrel just ate yer face!"
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on October 07, 2014, 02:34:49 PM

and my best yet:

This reminds me of myself while playing Xcom ;D
Everybody got live feed in great detail what they just did and how they died

skullywag

Quote from: Shinzy on October 07, 2014, 02:41:18 PM

and my best yet:

Just got told off for sleeping next to another female ingame....can we add a jealous trait to the game....I have psycho so that fine....wait...shes behind me isnt she?  oh SHIIIIiiiiiii......
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: Shinzy on October 07, 2014, 02:41:18 PM

Perhaps someone can suggest a squirrel mod on the XCOM forums.  The horror! :D

Igabod

I noticed a bug or two. When I am setting up my colonists clothes they are wearing I managed to set everything on the first guy with no problems but when I got to the second guy and tried to select the Pants selections the window goes blank and only shows the next and back buttons. I am able to click next and then go back from there and edit all the other clothing options but not the pants. And then once I got everything set up minus pants on my other two colonists I tried to start the game but it flashed the "generating map" message but that went away quickly and nothing happened after that.

Coenmcj

Woah. How have I not seen this before today?!?

Most definitely using this. Cheers!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

EdB

Quote from: Igabod on October 07, 2014, 05:56:03 PM
...When I am setting up my colonists clothes they are wearing I managed to set everything on the first guy with no problems but when I got to the second guy and tried to select the Pants selections the window goes blank and only shows the next and back buttons. I am able to click next and then go back from there and edit all the other clothing options but not the pants. And then once I got everything set up minus pants on my other two colonists I tried to start the game but it flashed the "generating map" message but that went away quickly and nothing happened after that.

Sorry that it didn't work properly for you.  Are you seeing this consistently?  If so, could you maybe describe a series of steps that I can take to reproduce the problem?  I've been trying, but I can't get this to happen.

bobtheconqueror

Just an fyi, it seems the attachment of the newest version to the OP is corrupt.  The dropbox version extracted fine, though.

Coenmcj

Quote from: bobtheconqueror on October 08, 2014, 12:41:02 AM
Just an fyi, it seems the attachment of the newest version to the OP is corrupt.  The dropbox version extracted fine, though.

Might be due to the recent website migration or it might not, there was a problem with images after they were migrated.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite