[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: EdB on October 17, 2014, 10:04:53 AM
Quote from: Dragoon on October 17, 2014, 02:55:48 AM
why do we start with random points? (ive tested by loading and the points we get are randomized)

The three starting colonists are the same three that you would get if you did not use the mod, so they are randomized in the same way.  You always get 7000 points to spend.  I decided to use the "market value" concept that was introduced in alpha 7 to determine the point value of each character.  The only additions that I made are to give point values for the number of passions and the number of traits that you add--they don't have any value otherwise, so I felt like I needed to add a value.  Besides these two exceptions, you are paying the same amount in points for everything that you would be paying in silver to a trader during the game (setting aside trading bonuses from social skills).  I prefer to use the values built into the game than to try to do a bunch of balancing on my own.

I don't mean starting new I mean that I saved a preset then loaded it the points and I have left over are random examples (I haven't c hanged anything but when I load the points I have changes sometimes I get more sometimes I get less.)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

EdB

Quote from: Dragoon on October 17, 2014, 04:41:13 PM
I don't mean starting new I mean that I saved a preset then loaded it the points and I have left over are random examples (I haven't c hanged anything but when I load the points I have changes sometimes I get more sometimes I get less.)

Thanks for the clarification.  I see what you mean now.  That is a bug.  I will take a look.

matty491

Any chance on the next update to this incorporating bionics ?

EdB

Quote from: Dragoon on October 17, 2014, 04:41:13 PM

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 16, 2014, 09:45:41 AM
So is it possible that changing the colonist age is only superficially changing it so it appears as such in game? I tend to start all my colonists young so I don't have to worry about age problems. However, my last game ended up giving my character cataracts at age 16.

I've done a bugfix release, v1.2.3, that addresses these two issues.  Full release notes:

• Changed the multipliers for resources so that you can add smaller stacks and therefore have less expensive options.
  • BUGFIX: Traits are now correctly loaded from presets.  This should fix the random changes to the total point value when loading a preset.
  • BUGFIX: Old injuries are now correctly generated based on age.

Clibanarius

EdB rules. Thanks for the fix; I've been working around that bug with the points after loading a preset by re-jiggering each trait after a load, but this seems to be a fix to that. Thanks!

EdB

Quote from: matty491 on October 19, 2014, 02:33:56 PM
Any chance on the next update to this incorporating bionics ?

I'm not sure when the next full release with new features will be, but the two features that I plan to add are 1) the ability to save and load individual colonists and 2) the ability to add bionics to your colonists.  #2 may expand into a way to control the overall health of colonists (old scars and injuries, etc.), but we'll see how it plays out.   The biggest problem I'm having is finding a place to put new UI elements in that window--I'm running out of space, but I'll figure something out.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Iwillbenicetou

Hey Edb, add an option that makes the colonists incapped like when there is a crash landing, and there are survivors... So you would have to build quickly to avoid deaths... Or take a risk to see if they are incapped or not...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Fish

Hi im having trouble installing/using this mod.  I unzipped it to the Rimworld mods folder and activated it in the games mods menu but the prepare carefully button is not appearing on the charecter screen.  Have tried re installing aswell as restarting the game and the computer and its still not there.

skullywag

Quote from: Fish on October 22, 2014, 07:23:59 AM
Hi im having trouble installing/using this mod.  I unzipped it to the Rimworld mods folder and activated it in the games mods menu but the prepare carefully button is not appearing on the charecter screen.  Have tried re installing aswell as restarting the game and the computer and its still not there.

Make sure you dont have the mod double foldered...mods/modname not mods/modname/modname.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

EdB

Also be sure that you do not change the name of the mod folder.  It will not work if you rename it.

Fish

Quote from: skullywag on October 22, 2014, 07:44:08 AM

Make sure you dont have the mod double foldered...mods/modname not mods/modname/modname.

Yeah that was the problem, works now, thank you.

austinwelser

Thanks for the mod edb, finnaly instead of landing with 3 sickly old men I can essentially land with a chapter of adeptus astartes :D

The emperor protects

Igabod

Recently I got tired of playing with really well armored and armed people and decided to switch things up a bit. I made one game where my starting colonists were 3 miners and the pilot of the ship. Made up a story where they were part of a large expedition toward a mining colony and the ship crashed leaving just them and the pilot alive. None of them has any passions except mining at 2 flames and one other thing at 1 flame (construction for one, growing for another, and shooting for the third miner). The pilot was skilled at social and that was it. I found it to be a fun challenge and even more fun to come up with the stories based upon the fact that they are all totally lost as to what to do. The colony didn't last too long before mechs destroyed them, but that was actually part of the fun of the story. None of my colonies has had a happy ending but I enjoy it all the same.

MaxtheINFINITE

Wow,this mod is just...great!
I finally can make my squad have the same color!
Really useful,and probably the best actual mod in here.
I also noticed it's supports a few of apparelo and "more hairs" 's hair types,
Which was pretty nice.
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.