[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felys

Quote from: EdB on December 13, 2014, 02:35:06 AM
Apologies for the delay and thanks for the patience.

You absolutely don't have to !!
Thx for the mod and the work you've done and you're going to do for the community :)

EdB

The first alpha 8 release is available.  Two things to keep in mind:

• Unfortunately, presets saved in Alpha 7 do not fully load in Alpha 8.  It can't be helped.  They will partially load, and you'll see a list of warnings explaining what failed if you open the console.  You're definitely going to lose the following, but there may be more:

• What was called "metal" in Alpha 7 is now called "steel," so that will be lost.
    • All backstory identifiers changed in Alpha 8, so backstories will be lost.
    • Bionic arms are installed on the shoulder now, which causes a recipe mismatch.  Those will be lost.
  • I changed up the way that points are calculated.  They are still based on the market value of items and colonists, but I'm making more adjustments to account for what feels to me like unbalanced values in the vanilla game.  For example, that plasteel knife that you start with has a market value of over 1,150 silver.   That's the same value as almost 20 pistols (at 60 silver each).  That just seems wrong to me.  I don't think that I necessarily got the balancing right with this release, but it's a start.  I'll likely tweak it in subsequent releases.

Still working on the interface mod.  If you're waiting for that, it probably will not be ready until sometime tomorrow.

thefinn

One thing I wanted in this, not sure if it's possible or too hard or what.

When you click on the actual name of the trait window you can get the whole list of traits come up - awesome.

Can we get that same function for the clothing ?

superiorx

Quote from: EdB on December 13, 2014, 06:00:11 PM
The first alpha 8 release is available.  Two things to keep in mind:

• Unfortunately, presets saved in Alpha 7 do not fully load in Alpha 8.  It can't be helped.  They will partially load, and you'll see a list of warnings explaining what failed if you open the console.  You're definitely going to lose the following, but there may be more:

• What was called "metal" in Alpha 7 is now called "steel," so that will be lost.
    • All backstory identifiers changed in Alpha 8, so backstories will be lost.
    • Bionic arms are installed on the shoulder now, which causes a recipe mismatch.  Those will be lost.
  • I changed up the way that points are calculated.  They are still based on the market value of items and colonists, but I'm making more adjustments to account for what feels to me like unbalanced values in the vanilla game.  For example, that plasteel knife that you start with has a market value of over 1,150 silver.   That's the same value as almost 20 pistols (at 60 silver each).  That just seems wrong to me.  I don't think that I necessarily got the balancing right with this release, but it's a start.  I'll likely tweak it in subsequent releases.

Still working on the interface mod.  If you're waiting for that, it probably will not be ready until sometime tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the update, EdB!

bvierra

Found a bug in 8, colonists are not showing up in overview... out of my 3 only 1 does and they only have a checkbox under firefighting :)
Planet RimWorld Mods - http://mods.planetrimworld.com

Drahkon

I think it'd be handy to have a 'save colonist' button in game for this =)

MaxtheINFINITE

Finally,
EdBPC for alpha 8 ...
TIME TO SPAWN IN 500 POWER ARMOR PIRATES,AGAIN,BUT WITH PARKAS,YEE!
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

Ramsis

So my big request for the next major patch with this mod, is a scenario button that lets us choose from a bunch of scenarios that impacts our starting group, their resources, biome, etc.

Is it a big task, sure.... but is it one that RimWorld as a whole would enjoy, oh without a doubt.

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

eamon360

Quote from: bvierra on December 14, 2014, 01:04:20 AM
Found a bug in 8, colonists are not showing up in overview... out of my 3 only 1 does and they only have a checkbox under firefighting :)

I'm getting this as well, I disabled Edb and it was still the same, I do have other mods installed though, do you?

EdB

Quote from: bvierra on December 14, 2014, 01:04:20 AM

Once you start the game, the prepare carefully mod usually is out of the picture.  It's possible though that it's somehow creating bad colonists that break overview panel.  If someone who's experiencing that wants to send me a save game file in a private message, it might help in tracking down the problem.

BajtMe

I had the "overview" issue. I think un-ticking Cybernetic Storm is what fixed it for me. Had a huge error message related to CB when starting a new game with my current mod list so i disabled it and now my overview problem is gone as well. Awesome mod btw!  :D

Mozleron

There's one thing i don't quite get about the backstory section in this mod: Sometimes when I choose a backstory, a yellow ! pops up telling me something may not match.  For example, if i choose Cave Child for childhood and Space Technician for Adult, the ! comes up for Space Technician.

How do i determine what is wrong and correct it, or is this more of a warning that I can safely ignore?

Igabod

you can safely ignore that warning. It's just to let you know that the backstory is one created by a player who bought into that tier of the game. It usually will have pronouns like She and He that can't be changed based upon the sex of your colonist. So you will have a male colonist with a backstory that says She in it a lot or something like that. No big bug or anything.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Ramsis on December 15, 2014, 11:07:11 AM
So my big request for the next major patch with this mod, is a scenario button that lets us choose from a bunch of scenarios that impacts our starting group, their resources, biome, etc.

Is it a big task, sure.... but is it one that RimWorld as a whole would enjoy, oh without a doubt.

Definitely YES. Will save me 30 minutes by making specific members in a colony. Also, how do we put bionics on a person without starting the game (now let's make an invicible soldier)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!