[MOD] (Alpha 8) IceSheet (Ice Biome, Now with water world!)(1.2a)

Started by iame6162013, December 10, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iame6162013

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on December 19, 2014, 12:58:08 PM
-snip-

Seed: 0bac
Size: 250, 188
Cords: 52, 184

has a very nice map for the ice sheets. Drops below -100 in the winter and has a very cool starting location

i have one question why is the size of the map both 250 And 188?
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Igabod

Quote from: Ded1 on December 19, 2014, 10:51:18 AM
I tried that and it didn't work.  I even kept them out till they were hypothermic (serious) and still no effect on it.  I think that it only goes away if they go out on their own and not under your control.

Do you have your base walled in with an unroofed courtyard but walls all the way around? If so then that's still technically not outside as far as the cabin fever problem is concerned. You have to send them totally outside your walls in that case. I personally never close off my walls completely. There is always an open path into my base. Right next to my turrets. Gives the raiders a false sense of security so they just boldly stroll right on into my death trap.

Ded1

Nah i just send them out the front door normally, but most of the time it doesnt work.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Col_Jessep

Thanks for making this mod!
I set my difficulty to the lowest because it means not getting spammed by raiders. It's harder if you have to make your own cloth and have fewer weapons to sell. The ice sheet turned RW into a whole new game for me and I'm enjoying it a lot! =3

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

iame6162013

Quote from: Col_Jessep on December 20, 2014, 05:23:19 AM
Thanks for making this mod!
I set my difficulty to the lowest because it means not getting spammed by raiders. It's harder if you have to make your own cloth and have fewer weapons to sell. The ice sheet turned RW into a whole new game for me and I'm enjoying it a lot! =3
That's why i made it ^.^
Edit: wolfsies got added ;)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

ITOS

I didn't like the scattered rocks and smudges of dirt covering the pristine snow so I made a couple of blank textures to remove them. Of course, downside is that this removes them from other biomes as well.

I've attached the files in this post. Anyone who want to remove the smudges, unzip the content to Mods\Core\Textures.

[attachment deleted due to age]

iame6162013

Quote from: ITOS on December 20, 2014, 07:53:03 AM
I didn't like the scattered rocks and smudges of dirt covering the pristine snow so I made a couple of blank textures to remove them. Of course, downside is that this removes them from other biomes as well.

I've attached the files in this post. Anyone who want to remove the smudges, unzip the content to Mods\Core\Textures.
i think you could just have it as a mod, last time i checked it would override the core textures

ITOS

Quote from: iame6162013 on December 20, 2014, 08:04:48 AM
i think you could just have it as a mod, last time i checked it would override the core textures
I suppose having it as a mod would make it easier to turn on and off depending on what colony you're playing. Although, my hope is to find a way to get the game to not generate these scatterables in certain biomes.

iame6162013

Quote from: ITOS on December 20, 2014, 08:22:00 AM
Quote from: iame6162013 on December 20, 2014, 08:04:48 AM
I suppose having it as a mod would make it easier to turn on and off depending on what colony you're playing. Although, my hope is to find a way to get the game to not generate these scatterables in certain biomes.
yea, i know.
if i could write .dll's i would probably look into it.
sadly i can't :/
(i can't get the environment set up properly nor know how to export something,
and my google attempts have failed me just like the post in help about that)

mrofa

Damn its cool, and at some point kinda easy. I was thinking it wil be slow grind, but every raider got parka or power armor, so almost every trader i get tons of money.
But still beginnings ware hard, thers no  animals and plants grow only on scarse terrain.
There is only one conclusion out of this -> GO LEARN C# :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: iame6162013 on December 19, 2014, 01:15:25 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Reign on December 19, 2014, 12:58:08 PM
-snip-

Seed: 0bac
Size: 250, 188
Cords: 52, 184

has a very nice map for the ice sheets. Drops below -100 in the winter and has a very cool starting location

Because that is one of the sizes that you can set the world generator to: 250x188

i have one question why is the size of the map both 250 And 188?

iame6162013

Quote from: mrofa on December 20, 2014, 03:45:13 PM
Damn its cool, and at some point kinda easy. I was thinking it wil be slow grind, but every raider got parka or power armor, so almost every trader i get tons of money.
But still beginnings ware hard, thers no  animals and plants grow only on scarse terrain.
There is only one conclusion out of this -> GO LEARN C# :D
Ahh now i can see it :P

Vas

Did you ever add in the files I gave? :P  Or did you plan to wait till you can edit the terrain generator?
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Ded1

So if you get the hide and parka nerf mod, raiders will not always spawn with parkas and quite frequently die on the way.  Though it does kinda suck to have people get pissed at you cause thier traders are stupid enough to try and visit me when its -140 out.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Everteal

Hi there, amazing mod.

Sooooo..... I found this...
Seed - utf8
Size - 400x300
There are a bunch of spots with around -95C.

And found a bug. It happens when you start the game on this particular super cold spot(above) on December, yet June is fine.

This is with no other mods running and the log shows nothing. I can't build or do anything apart from draft pawns. Any ideas?