[MOD] (Alpha 8) IceSheet (Ice Biome, Now with water world!)(1.2a)

Started by iame6162013, December 10, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iame6162013

Quote from: Berengar on December 29, 2014, 04:16:14 AM
Im modifiere the mod a bit, to make its posible to build on the water.
At the moment im working on an growing Kamino City in the middle of the ocean.. creating the bionic fullmetal Rebel of doom. <B
Ohh sounds nice!
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

securitycop

Pathing

The fog is dense today. As usual, Toon skips works and sleep in our hovel leaving I tries my best doing all plant works while Barrera patrolling around our little island making sure everything is safe.
At least, we have a communications console. I hope someone will help us.
- London

... now we need a seagull :)
Steel is food. Steel is defense. Steel is weapon.
Steel is RimWorld.

SabakuOokami

This is where boats would be great... living in a water world would be really, really short-lived otherwise.

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

iame6162013

Quote from: SabakuOokami on December 29, 2014, 11:57:52 AM
This is where boats would be great... living in a water world would be really, really short-lived otherwise.
Actually, the raiders are so slow in water (at least where i landed) i could survive till i starved!
On my to list make research fertilizer pump or hydroponics earlier. :P

Quote from: mrofa on December 29, 2014, 02:29:47 PM
and submarine turrets :D
Is that even Plausible? :P
Dangit, now I've got to try(and fail)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Vaperius

Maybe rename mod to more biomes or something...rename Water world to "Swamp/Marsh"

Just a lot of  thoughts
I remain Vigilant.

Rikiki

In Total Anihilation, you have floating turrets (on buoys) and torpedo turrets against submarines... ::)

iame6162013

Quote from: Rikiki on December 29, 2014, 05:59:37 PM

In Total Anihilation, you have floating turrets (on buoys) and torpedo turrets against submarines... ::)
ohhhh, must try again.

BajtMe

I was wondering how you guys handle the problem of getting wood (ha ha, very funny) when playing the ice sheet biome? As far as i can tell none of the traders sell it. Is that something i can change myself, and if so, how do i do it? Love the mod, hate the wolves (in a good way).

Ded1

You will need the fertilizer pump and a section that is sealed off and warm.  Otherwise your screwed on wood.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

iame6162013

Quote from: BajtMe on December 31, 2014, 10:03:00 AM
I was wondering how you guys handle the problem of getting wood (ha ha, very funny) when playing the ice sheet biome? As far as i can tell none of the traders sell it. Is that something i can change myself, and if so, how do i do it? Love the mod, hate the wolves (in a good way).
I think you also get some wood in the beginning of the game.

Ded1

Pretty sure he meant getting more wood, not just the stuff you start with.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Igabod

Get more wood by creating an indoor grow area. Find some suitable soil and wall it off, put a heater in there and a sun lamp. Create a growing zone and grow your favorite tree in there. Or if you are doing a mountain base just use fertilizer pumps to convert some stone floor into soil and just grow your trees in a growing zone as previously mentioned. It's no different from growing food crops except that it takes a lot longer. However if you use my Xtra Plants mod, there is a bamboo plant which grows way faster than trees and provides a small amount of wood. And my latest release no longer conflicts with this mod when you load this mod before it so they are completely compatible.

BajtMe

Thank you. Perhaps if i just make it through this first winter without solar flares so i can go outside and actually build something, my colonists may not have to die a cold icy death after all.  :)