What do you want in alpha 9/10?

Started by Quasarrgames, December 19, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altraum

Revamped hauling mechanics.

If your stockpile contains 3 stacks of venison, lacking 5 venison each, your hauler will take 4 seperate trips from the butcher table to the stockpile. 3 trips to carrying 5 venison to max out the 3 stacks lacking 5 venison, and a last trip to make a new stack with the excess 60 venison.

I want my hauler to be smart enough to pick up his max carrying capability, divide it between the three almost full stacks and put the excess in a new stack, in one trip!

He is smart enough to pick up from several stacks if the first stack he picks up isn't maxing his carrying ability. Why not have the same mechanic when he is dropping it off.

G34R B0X

I'd like a colonist editor, don't get me wrong I'm all for random, it gives flavor to the game but every single one of us pushed that random button till we get the one we want.

So what I imagine is two ways to do this. One, you would still get a random colonist there stats random like normal, but with the option to  add X amount of points ( x needs to be worked out .) and possibly like 3 flames .

And for the second option your given an amount of points that you distribute how u see fit, and given. 5 flames to disperse. Flip side , you do NOT get to pick your traits. After you drop you see what traits you're stuck with.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: G34R B0X on December 24, 2014, 10:27:36 PM
I'd like a colonist editor, don't get me wrong I'm all for random, it gives flavor to the game but every single one of us pushed that random button till we get the one we want.

So what I imagine is two ways to do this. One, you would still get a random colonist there stats random like normal, but with the option to  add X amount of points ( x needs to be worked out .) and possibly like 3 flames .

And for the second option your given an amount of points that you distribute how u see fit, and given. 5 flames to disperse. Flip side , you do NOT get to pick your traits. After you drop you see what traits you're stuck with.
That's a mod its EB prepare carefully
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Ruin

How about an option to strip corpses headed for the butcher table (or crematorium if you are feeling all civilized). It could be an option within the bill perhaps? When the raids get bigger, running around stripping all the corpses becomes an ugly chore.  Takes a lot of the fun out of the later game after the 10th huge raid if you survive.

Teovald

some additional thoughts : 
-I would like to be able to only give herbal medicine to my prisoners without having to forbid the medicine stacks manually. Similarly, I would like to be able to only use this potent medicine for heavy injuries and not just scratches. 
-A way to reserve some crafting operations to the skilled crafter, but it looks like it is already headed our way.
-Hauling is a pain. Out of ten colonists, two of them have hauling as their main priority and even then they are overwhelmed by the number of thing to move. Additionally, the preference algorithm does not help, often favoring moving goods between stockpiles.
-colonists are very dumb while it comes to what to eat. If there are no cooked meals available, they always eat raw potatoes while there are also plenty of berries in the same stockpile. I guess they just take the nearest available food source in that situation. They will traverse the map in order to get to that military ration but they can't be bothered to bring the other 9 with them.

new features :
-Terraforming node : similar to fertility pump, this allows you to transform a bit of terrain around the node. It requires a lot of power and takes months but it allows you to gradually change the terrain to your liking. 
Also, waterbodies could be very hard to traverse (5% of mobility ?) and it is possible to build bridges. Bailey bridges might also be a good idea in that situation : they allow to prevent bodies of water from becoming overpowered and give a tactical focus during battles.
-a roadmap of the soon to be implemented features and system that are destined to be overhauled would be cool. I can understand if Tynan does not want to publish it in order to do not have to deal with infertile debates each time he needs to change his plans though.

mega

World type randomization (Fallen civ with crafting stations you cant build; volcanic world, world with a much worse axial tilt (think 100% darkness for a month); World with no axial tilt = no seasons)

Greater depth to crafting (quality for all items + wear);

Focus more on scavenging/trading parts from fallen spaceships / existing buildings (I mean, who can build a solar panel)

Containers to store things.

Predatory animals

Animals that eat your crops

Fog of war

Designate an area to hunt, as opposed to animals.

mega

Forgot a simple one: Ability to lock door open. Let the fresh air in.

Kirkules

Small useful bots to do "dumb labor" and other unskilled manual labor things. They should still take an expensive AI chip or something, but surely we can make Roombas or auto-tree-choppers or hauling bots that can't improve themselves the way Colonists can, but that can still do cleaning/plant-cutting/hauling chores?

Mekintos

I really like the mapgen, but imagine that there is a deep river in the middle of the map. Wouldn't it awesome? Let's do some stories in "Osgiliath" style.  :D

My idea: rivers

evrett33

My Top 3 most wanted big system updates:
1) implement diplomacy/meta reputation and make it provide meaningful choices
2) Make research meaningful and interesting or remove it entirely and create new system for learning things perhaps an ethics tree that unlocks building
3)social structure /social life for the colonists that builds attachment to characters

FridayBiology

Quote from: Mekintos on December 26, 2014, 02:32:51 PM
I really like the mapgen, but imagine that there is a deep river in the middle of the map. Wouldn't it awesome? Let's do some stories in "Osgiliath" style.  :D

bridges
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Shinzy

Quote from: Feirfec on December 27, 2014, 05:11:28 AM
Quote from: Mekintos on December 26, 2014, 02:32:51 PM

bridges

Romeo and juliet!

xlockeed

Quote from: marvinkosh on December 23, 2014, 01:01:23 AM
Scyther brains! Says it all really. :)

All I have to say about this is, Terminator. Why would you put a killer robots brain in a brain dead human. I think that's what you are asking right? Best thing to ask for would be nanotrainers that repair the brain. Make it a rare trade item and expensive.

If A9 is a gap filler / performance update, could you please start making the trade interface better with number inputs. If I could have one thing from all these ideas it would be just that.

Also, thank you for the enjoyable game.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

ZebioLizard2

Windows! I want to have somewhere the colonists can duck and hide behind, but still allow sunlight through so it can relieve cave sickness sorts of things.

Along with mobile containers, backpacks so people can pickup more stuff and the like.

Wulfik

Raids could be different in meaning :
Lets say you have 20000 wealth = big raid, BUT it will be set that there will be raid size equal to wealth from 0 to 20000 instead only of 20000. So there is chance there will be attack of 5 weak armed guys or 25 armed to teeth.

There could be waves. There is raid with 50 units. 1st wave 5. 2nd wave 15. Last one rest. Or there should be multiple attacks simultaneously from 2 sides or so. Or tribe and pirates would attack at the same time and they could fight together or against each other and then ( if there are survivors ) against you.

Different ways to change reputation with  factions ( not only increase ) but stuff like trading directly with them, sending scouts or so ... or even sending attacks for stealing supplies etc. they can so why not you ?

Deeper research to make progress slower because even when I play with RR story teller on biggest map in cold regions ( no growing no matter what season it is ) and so I can build huge base with solid defense and 10+ peeps in it in few ingame days.