[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robloxsina66

Quote from: Ignoral on June 02, 2017, 09:45:42 AM
I got an item cache located at X message, one of the items included was a gun complex, however, it's just the heavy machine gun from the complex and not the entire item itself. I can't place it so it's currently just taking up storage space.

how did you make it like that?

Fregrant

Hm, back in A16 I was able to craft a lazer turret gun in another turret mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6770.0). It even worked.

bullet

Seems like this guns from the turret bases can be generated and appears on the map events in the stash

Raf's

My guns have no animations when turning (the bigger one: 50 Cal, 155mm Howitzer etc) is somebody else having this problem?

bullet

"50 Cal, 155mm Howitzer..." seems like it's another mod, Not this

havock89

Quote from: shadowstitch on September 18, 2016, 02:38:56 AM
This may be a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere in the thread.
Are the "Gun Complex" turrets' accuracy determined by the ranged skill of the pawn manning them, or do they have their own accuracy like standalone turrets, but simply require a pawn to be present in order for them to activate?

No it doesn't.. the gun complex have its own accuracy, so better puts those melees manning them ;)

gourmat

while using the gun complex it reduces the shooting skills of the pawn using it...not sure if that's intended? :)

Grabarz

Hello there i got some kind of errors
XML error: <turretBurstCooldownTicks>6</turretBurstCooldownTicks> doesn't correspond to any field in type BuildingProperties.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator226:MoveNext()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

XML error: <turretBurstCooldownTicks>500</turretBurstCooldownTicks> doesn't correspond to any field in type BuildingProperties.

XML error: <turretBurstWarmupTicks>200</turretBurstWarmupTicks> doesn't correspond to any field in type BuildingProperties.

like those ...
I got some questions also

Is it possible to create vulcan cannon made of plasteel or gold or uranium ? i

Jan2607

I build a precision turret and tested it against an ostrich. The ostrich was in open space without cover. It was daytime and really good sight conditions. But the turret didn't hit the ostrich once in 30 shots. That's not very precise...
I thought, it would be a good sniper turret with around every second shot a hit. But with this awful hit chance it seems to be useless :(
My colonist with the lowest shooting skill would've performed better...
Maybe the accuracy should be increased?

Sinclair200

hey hey could it be compatible with CE soon? let me know if possible thanks

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 05, 2017, 07:56:57 PM
I build a precision turret and tested it against an ostrich. The ostrich was in open space without cover. It was daytime and really good sight conditions. But the turret didn't hit the ostrich once in 30 shots. That's not very precise...
I thought, it would be a good sniper turret with around every second shot a hit. But with this awful hit chance it seems to be useless :(
My colonist with the lowest shooting skill would've performed better...
Maybe the accuracy should be increased?
i don't think the accuracy is not too bad.. im seeing them hit raiders often, they are nearly dead by the time they are in range of my vulcans.. so i don't know why they cant hit an ostritch in 30 shots lol..

So my quick analysis of the turrets

Gun complex: decent range and damage.. i built several of these, and i barely use them due to my autoturrets doing most of the work.. my pawns usually operate the artillery, so i rarely need to operate these.. seems not worth the cost with the space it occupies, better to build military grade turrets as slightly cheaper options and safer for pawns during fights.. can't shoot over walls, unless it is an embrasure.. can't give a solid opinion until i use these often.. only advantage i've seen so far they have is that they dont cost energy to use and can seem to shoot quite often compared to other non-vulcan turrets..

Rocket Complex: good damage and range, plus small AOE effect.. its performance for me seems to justify costs.. can't shoot over walls, unless it is an embrasure.. i use these as non-primary artillery when i get huge raids, otherwise i have a main artillery i rely on over these

Military Grade Turret: will likely be the bread and butter of your base defense.. good damage and range, worth the price to build.. good hp as well, which makes them last abit on battlefield.. only downside is the cooldown, which is longer than vulcan or shredder; therefore you need to have another gun turret like vulcan/shredder to provide cover for these while they are on cooldown..

Shredder Turret: obviously quite lethal on close range, will decap a raider on one shot burst.. good durability as well, since they can take a beating from multiple targets.. and surprisingly a decent range; i have alot of custom weapons from various mods including rt's weapons, and by the time those raiders with those weapons are in range to shoot, they are also in shooting range of the shredder.. alot seems to not recommend these coz they are supposed to be cqb turrets, but i recommend these due to how lethal they are.. you just have to gameplan your killboxes to take advantage of these..

Precision Turret: idk whats everyone's accuracy experience with these turrets, but for me they get the job done.. by the time raiders are in range of my vulcans or other turrets, these sniper turrets have hit critical parts that raiders are 1 shot away from being downed.. range is obviously huge.. cost is abit expensive than military turrets, but the performance so far for me is justified the price i payed.. only downside i've noticed is that they don't have alot of durability; around 800hp with the titanium alloy version(from the titanium+ mod) compared to over 1k for the military/shredder/vulcan.. they go down fast once raiders close in on these turrets.. place them strategically on spots where these are the last turrets raiders has to destroy in order to maximize the sniper turret's potential..

Vulcan Cannon: price is expensive, but IMO definitely worth it.. quite a really good attack range, with only the sniper turret outranging it.. and these suckers hit hard raiders go down really fast once they are on range.. feels like a gun complex coz it keeps shooting till enemies are down, i didn't even noticed how quick the cooldown is that it feels like there is no cooldown lol.. durabiltiy is superb these suckers can take a beating.. with titanium alloy, these vulcans got 3k hp lol.. only downside is that it has a minimum range.. you use military turrets for those to protect these badboys..

Blast Turret: decent AOE effect.. not good attack range, feels like shredder has slight range than this.. quite low durability similar to precision turrets.. cant shoot through walls, unless it is embrasures.. low range means it will be near frontline of base defenses, and with low durability, these turrets gets taken out often first before your military turrets go down.. if you are looking for artillery support, there are better options.. heck even the catapults from medieval times got more usage from me due to being able to shoot through walls..

Devastator Mortars: no comment.. i havent researched these coz i have other research priorities.. and imo, better efficient options..

overall quite a solid mod.. turrets feels balanced and none seemed OP... highly recommended for those who wants to add extra modded stuff without changing vanilla mechanics too much..

for optimal set up ive used on my killbox: 2 vulcans+ 2 military turret in from of it per vulcans, 2-3 sniper turrets per vulcan and preferably behinda vulcan, 1 or 2 rocket complex behind an embrasure, maybe a gun complex behind an embrasure if your started seeing large raids..

victeron

Positronium

I'm just gonna put it out there. You can technically build a vulcan turret under a roof, you just need to build the plan then roof it. Can't tell if it's a bug though