[B18] VeinMiner [] Mine all the veins! []kaptain_kavern & Gentz & JuliaEllie

Started by JuliaEllie, January 25, 2015, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Quote from: PurePandemonium on May 09, 2015, 10:45:49 PM
Just started playing with mods today, and I love this one! The strip miner is great, but I have one minor issue with it.

I found that I can't seem to resize the horizontal strips. The helptext says to use 8, 4 5 and 6 on the numpad to resize. 4 and 5 work great for moving the vertical lines about, and 8 correctly widens the horizontal lines, but 5 doesn't seem to do anything. (I tried the 2 key as well, since it might be logical. Alas, no such luck.) Any chance this could be fixed? Thanks!

Hmm it worked well when I tried it and there doesnt seem to be an error in the code. I will investigate this.

harpo99999

I just tried the a10 veinminer in my a11, and got the following error (copied from the log)
DesignationCategoryDefOrders could not instantiate special designator from class MineBrush.DesognatorMineBrush.
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Verse.EntityDef' from assembly 'MineBrush'.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)

at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DesignationCategoryDef.ResolveReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

leestriter

Loki88

Mine is throwing the same error as harpo99999. It seems to only be the mine brush that broke in this update. I even tried re-downloading the mod again but still same. If you want to get rid of your error harpo, until a fix comes out, I just removed mine brush from the designation categories and added the new ones from A11 so they should work.

I hope Julia comes out with a patch soon because my "fix" isn't really a fix... it just stops the error message by removing the mine brush...

[attachment deleted due to age]

harpo99999

Loki88

The core Vein Miner still worked. It was just the mine brush and all I did was stop the message from popping up. Like I said, this is just temporary for those of us who can't live w/o Vein Miner :p

nmid

Works fine now! The update was very helpful :)

Getting this error message..
I haven't run only the core mod + VeinMiner yet.. Will do that, unless you know what I'm doing wrong :p

Fallback handler could not load library E:/RWA11Core/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0CC78080.dll
DesignationCategoryDefOrders could not instantiate special designator from class MineBrush.DesognatorMineBrush.
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Verse.EntityDef' from assembly 'MineBrush'.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DesignationCategoryDef.ResolveReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Zhadum

I seem to have found one issue. There was a strip clothes button added in last update of the game which I can't find anymore after installing this mod. I assume that your new buttons somehow overrides that one.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Zhadum on June 18, 2015, 09:52:24 AM
I seem to have found one issue. There was a strip clothes button added in last update of the game which I can't find anymore after installing this mod. I assume that your new buttons somehow overrides that one.

Oh damn you are right I forgot to update the DesignatorDefs. I shall fix this soon™

LustrousWolf

Sorry but I dont think I am doing this right or something, but I cant get the strip mine button to work? How do I do it? :c

JuliaEllie

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 18, 2015, 01:27:14 PM
Sorry but I dont think I am doing this right or something, but I cant get the strip mine button to work? How do I do it? :c

You need to push and drag the whole thing like the vanilla mining designator.

And in other news:

UPDATE!!! Fixed my stupid bug...

Alkailel

Hi! Can I get somewhere version for a10?..
The latest stable, so to speak ))