[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

Awesome! Thank you. One question, can you milk them?

kaptain_kavern

Seinne

kaveman, You're a pretty awesome dud for doing that for him!

Tammabanana

Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Coercion

@Hydromancerx

We are currently not taking any outside art. Also, this mod does not contain any extinct animals. With that said, congrats on getting a standalone mod out :)

As kavern stated, you can add any animals you want by their race def and they will be compatible with our mod. Let us know if you have any questions regarding adding your own animals to the game.

Hydromancerx

Quote from: Coercion on November 05, 2016, 09:44:37 AM
@Hydromancerx

We are currently not taking any outside art. Also, this mod does not contain any extinct animals. With that said, congrats on getting a standalone mod out :)

As kavern stated, you can add any animals you want by their race def and they will be compatible with our mod. Let us know if you have any questions regarding adding your own animals to the game.

1. Oh so you do not want any help with art? I have been trying to do some easy ones that modify existing animals.

2. Well there are plans to bring back the Aurochs through selective breeding and genetic engineering. It is probably one of the first animals to become un-extinct. Since there are still some ancient breeds of cows and just about any cow could be a surrogate.

3. Having standalone or even a mod with animals I make in the future would be nice. I just want to make sure between your mod and the Taiga mod that we are not making redundant species. Likewise I don't know what an all in one animal pack is not made.

Coercion

As stated previously in this thread, we are currently not looking for outside art and have not accepted any so far. I appreciate the offer though and will let you know if we decide to take some in the future.

I can't guaruntee that this mod will not replicate any plants or animals from other mods, because this mod is a standalone overhaul. However, players are free to pick and choose the textures that they prefer. All of our plants and animals can be turned off in their respective biomesdef file. This may be useful if another mod adds a duplicate species that a player finds more appealing. I like to think that choices are always a good thing and do not mind if other mods have similiar plants or animals.

Hydromancerx

I hope things like Coffee and Bees get added to the base game because in my game i have mods that have them too so i have like 2 types of bee hives and like 3 types of coffee plant/trees.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Hydromancerx on November 05, 2016, 08:45:01 PM
I hope things like Coffee and Bees get added to the base game because in my game i have mods that have them too so i have like 2 types of bee hives and like 3 types of coffee plant/trees.

I feel you. It is something I have in mind from start (compatibility)

I can't give you a procedure for other mod's plants or animals (it depends on how the modder have coded); but for our mod I have written you a little something, in order to help you customize the mod.

Tell me if you need more precision/help  ;)

Hydromancerx

Thanks but i have come up with another way on my own. You see there is this item converter in the cuproPanda mod. Mainly used to turn the industrialization copper into cupropanda copper. However I have mine convert the various coffees into one another so I can do all the related recipes that involve coffee.

kaptain_kavern

Hey nice, you should release it.

It is something I have in my TO-DO list since CuproPanda left ;)

Coercion

@hydromancerx

I thought about your concern more. Since other mods already have coffee implemented, we will probably rename the "Coffea" bush (to something made up) and replace the "Coffee Beans" texture and name (with another made up drug). This will allow the coffee bean item/effect to be useful to everyone without duplicating other mods already in place. We still may overlap the plants and animals of other mods, but this would at least eliminate any concerns about coffee (which seems to be the most requested change). If we decide to make a plant similar to tobacco (or any other drug) in the future, it will probably use the same philosophy (of a made up name). Also, I think this fits the vanilla style well, because there are no other drugs currently in game that have real world nomenclature.

kaptain_kavern

I'm all for this.

What we can do in addition, regarding the code, is to put all code for coffee (or the future name we will use) in a separate file. That way it will be simpler for users to remove the plant from the game, for compatibility between mods (just erase the file VS having to open/edit several files). It can be done for each item/animal that are often existing in other mods.

faltonico

"Gotta have your meat"

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

w1r3dh4ck3r

I don't know if this is the right place to report this but, this mod loaded together with ED Prepare carefully causes the Animal tab in PC not to work properly (it does not open, or I should say it does not render) gonna make another test but it seems to me that the load order does not matter for this problem to occur, is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?