[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warforyou

The strange thing about MAIs is that they can't shoot while running using "Run and Gun" mod. Despite the fact that all other races including androids, monsters etc can. This gets really annoying(

NoCanDo

I don't get MAI...what it do? What it look like? Where to get?

Asero

Quote from: NoCanDo on November 17, 2018, 05:22:25 PM
I don't get MAI...what it do? What it look like? Where to get?
Don't feel too bad. I've played this mod since forever and I'm still struggling to figure out how to build one myself ;D

Canute

To construct a MAI.
- Research the basic first
- Build the assembler
- start the assembler, click on the start button
- hauler will haul nessesary stuff into the assembler (low priority) you see the progress when you select the assembler
- once all resources are there, the assembler start building and drop a MAI object before.
- The MAI object got 2 bills to activate it, i recommended the adv. one and you should finished all other MAI research first for better skills of that MAI.

-

Even me have same problem with create Mai, the console say Common.Radar something like that :( what i do? i try to create with the god mode but nothing to do.

Canute

Ok i tryed it self with some other mods.
Misc. Core, Robots (not needed), MAI
I could successful assemble one MAI corpse and activate it.

Did you use latest version's of Misc. Core and MAI ?
And when yes, please provide some complete Log file, like the Share log button or CTRL-F12, or if you don't installed hugslib the default logfile.

vandal

as soon as i build the tactical computer i experience noticeable lag

Canute

Only lag, no errors or messages at the log window ?

makotech222

Question for mod owner. I'm playing with the Misc Robots ++ mod, and i'm finding that some of the robots, specifically crafting robots, don't seem to be taking crafting jobs when available. I find them wandering around a lot. I'm guessing the logic for the jobs is in your assembly file, correct? Would you have any insight into it?

Haplo

Hmm, currently I'm not aware of a possibility other that the task may require multiple work types and the robot doesn't have the needed second type, but I'm not really sure about that.
Can you tell me which job you are refering to that the robots don't do?

devent

Hello. I have downloaded the misc. mods from your mediafire.com links, but then I got the errors from Miscellaneous_Core-1002 and Miscellaneous_TurretBase-1000 installed (in this order):

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CommonMisc.Helper' from assembly 'WeaponBase'.
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders_Patch3 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x08241>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch3 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x0023e>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions.AddColonist (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x00087>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions.<.ctor>b__3_0 (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x0001c>
at AchtungMod.Tools.Do<AchtungMod.Colonist> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,System.Action`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>) <0x0007e>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x000b5>
at AchtungMod.Controller.MouseDown (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x0014e>
at AchtungMod.Controller.HandleEvents () <0x00082>
at AchtungMod.MainTabsRoot_HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch.Prefix () <0x00034>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch1 (object) <0x00017>
at RimWorld.MainButtonsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts () <0x00021>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x001f8>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000ed>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

After downloading it from github.com from master https://github.com/HaploX1/RimWorld-Miscellaneous_Mods/archive/master.zip the exception is gone and the turret base works.

After right click for the menu and left click to chose a weapon, I still get this error:

Could not resolve symbol "1_label" for string "hauling {1_label}.".
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
Verse.GrammarResolverSimple:Formatted(String, List`1, List`1)
Verse.GrammarResolverSimpleStringExtensions:Formatted(String, NamedArgument)
Verse.TranslatorFormattedStringExtensions:Translate(String, NamedArgument)
TurretWeaponBase.JobDriver_HaulToCellAndDoWork:GetReport()
Verse.Pawn:GetInspectString_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DrawInspectStringFor(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DoPaneContentsFor(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DoPaneContents(Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:InspectPaneOnGUI(Rect, IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

After the installation of the gun was done, I got this error:

Reservation manager failed to clean up properly; Erwin still reserving Thing_TurretWeaponBaseAutomatic_Buildable102774
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
Verse.Pawn:VerifyReservations_Patch1(Object)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:CleanupCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:EndJobWith(JobCondition)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

But the turret is installed now and I hope it works. My mod list is attached.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Haplo

Hmm,.. The first error is because somehow an Assembly inside Misc Core is not loaded.
This has happend to a few guys here and I still have no idea how.. My guess still is that an Anti Virus tool locks the dlls, but I have no prove one way or the other.. :(

The second one.. I'll check this.

The third one: I have no idea how that may happen. I never needed to manually unreserve anything inside a job that should normally be done outside the job in the vanilla handler.. Don't know if there was something changed or if I just do it wrong all the time..

ptb_666777

Haplo, I'm using windows 8, no anti virus installed and windows defender is disabled. I do have free version of spybot search and destroy, but it dose not live scan, is not updated, and hasn't be ran for longer than I will admit. So thats neither helpful, nor informative. But I can ease the suspicion of antivirus witchery. Also, I did try to make android and it gave me same error as guy page or two back.

Oh, i have a lot of indexing related funtions disabled, pretty much any thing I can to free up memory, and prossessing. All of which where to improve gameplay and gotten from blogs and youtube vids for other games. I'm sure others have done the same, maybe same pl here having issues? Maybe?

Reading your last responce I felt relived you where aware and baffled. I hope you have an epiphany soon! If not I still wanna thank you for the use I've gotten from your mods. Truly, thank you.

***Update***
I don't know how or why but after throwing a bunch more mods in, and I mean a bunch, like pretty much all of them, it now works just fine. No clue as to how or why. Load order didn't change except for more after whatever was already there. I didn't change anything else. Unfortunately now it runs terribly and im not playing, but its working for me now. Sorry I flooded your amazing post with my ranting rhetoric. Ima stop now.

koyueuan

I have installed a few of your mods and have been getting this error from when I right clicked on a turret base with a pawn selected to place a gun:

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CommonMisc.Helper' from assembly 'WeaponBase'.
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders_Patch3 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x0918d>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch2 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00329>
at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn) <0x001e2>
at RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks () <0x00287>
at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () <0x0001c>
at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () <0x0006d>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x002f9>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>

What do I need to do?

Heymom

When i try to install a gun in the Gun Turret Base, i get the following error.

at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders_Patch4 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x0919d>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch3 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00304>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions.AddColonist (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x0009e>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions.<.ctor>b__3_0 (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x00020>
at AchtungMod.Tools.Do<AchtungMod.Colonist> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,System.Action`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>) <0x00097>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x000bc>
at AchtungMod.Controller.MouseDown (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x0017d>
at AchtungMod.Controller.HandleEvents () <0x000a6>
at AchtungMod.MainTabsRoot_HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch.Prefix () <0x00048>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch1 (object) <0x0001c>
at RimWorld.MainButtonsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts () <0x00029>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x002a6>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>