[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

ilikegoodfood

EPOE is an amazing mod, and as far as I'm concerned has been so for as long as I've used mods in RimWorld. It was one the first mods I ever added to my games and continues to provide recovery and enhancement options for my colonists.

This is a request for a feature, one that might be a tad complex to implement. I'm only passingly familiar with the prosthesis system in RimWorld, so I can't be sure how much work it'd require.
In vanilla Rimworld, a prosthesis does not automatically contain its connected body parts. As such a prosthetic arm does not contain a hand, or fingers or anything else related to those functions. In a few cases, such as the Boots and Gloves mod by wwWraith, this leads to conflicts or counter-intuitive behavior.

Would it be possible to change that?
For example, I install a bionic arm on a colonist, it also automatically includes a bionic hand, which itself includes fingers.

I would love it if this was a yes, as, in my opinion, it's a flaw in the way prosthesis work in the base game and seeing a fix for it would be great, but I also understand that it either may not be possible, or you may not have the time, interest or ability to do so.

Thanks for considering it.

ilikegoodfood

On an entirely different note, I think that I've found a bug.

The research text for Advanced Bionics still reads:

QuoteUpgrade regular bionics with vancidium to make them even better. Unlocks new recopies on the bionics workbench.

If I understood the change-log correctly, you removed Vancidium a while ago in favor of using uranium and Energized Components.

Canute

Both things are allready known, but the mod author currently don't active develop this mod.
Maybe it get fixed/improved with the next release.

Syrchalis

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I want to know, did you leave out the line:
"<prioritizeSustains>true</prioritizeSustains>"
in the workgiver defs on purpose? It means if you prioritize a pawn to work at a workbench he will craft one bionic/organ etc. and then quit and go back to his work priorities. With this line he will continue doing it like for most vanilla workbenches - until a need becomes too great or all bills are done.

I added it for myself in the mod, but I was wondering if that was on purpose or an oversight (like the guy who made the repair bench mod... he left that out and that was annoying as hell).
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

majinvegito123

Is there any way to cure Brain stab scars? I have a Brain Stimulator, but it only goes to 65% Consciousness.
vách ngăn phòng ngủ
vách ngăn cnc phòng ngủ
vách ngăn cnc trang trí đẹp
link vào m88

svc_bot

Luciferium can heal it. But this implant will cap your max consciousness to 65%. So you will need to either find a way to remove it, or replace with more advanced implant.

majinvegito123

Actually found a better solution. Synthetic Skin can repair scars. Including brain scars. Got my consciousness back up to 100% that way. Otherwise, yeah the implants work great.
https://chogoviet.net/threads/go-soi-my.6963/

Entropy0

I just installed this mod and am loving it so far.

Tiny problem though:
I bought an Adrenaline rib replacement from a trader and can't find a way to install it in anyone. I only have the options to anesthetize, harvest, administer drugs or install other prosthesises (prosthesi?) I have lying around, but not the rib. What am I missing? :?

SirDarin

Are you using any race mods? If they aren't human, you may need to patch them to add the surgery option.

Canute

Quote from: Entropy0 on April 26, 2018, 09:18:03 AM
Tiny problem though:
I bought an Adrenaline rib replacement from a trader and can't find a way to install it in anyone. I only have the options to anesthetize, harvest, administer drugs or install other prosthesises (prosthesi?) I have lying around, but not the rib. What am I missing? :?
You miss the knowledge how to install them.
Too bad the trader don't deliver an autodoc or "how to install Bionic/rib" neurotrainer.
So you need to research these knowledge at your own before you can install them.

Entropy0

Quote from: Canute on April 26, 2018, 10:29:19 AM
So you need to research these knowledge at your own before you can install them.
Ah, I figured you didn't need it, since unlike AI chips, the ribs don't actually say that you do. Oh well, that's my current research path anyway^^

vovik

there is a small bugwith tactivcal cornea implant - it said to improve shooting accuracy by 50% in description what must be 5.0 in numbers in file, really it is 0.5 what is 5% in file, this is the reason why i wondered about low responsiveness from cornea implant colonist (careful shooter gives 50% and in files it is 5.0)
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

joaohm

Is there a way to upgrade the body parts health? Making the advanced prosthetics very durable. Something like putting 100 HP in the arms or 120HP in the spine... I tried to find the option to change that in the mod files, but the max I found was the stats the parts modified, like moving offset 0.20 for the spine and manipulation for the arms, etc.

Krasaar

Hey, I have been using this mod for quiet a while and I noticed that you cannot transplant both a foot and a leg of the same side (left/right) I tried to fix that by myself but failed and gave up on that, did you know about this issue or am I missing something, in that case
could you possibly tell me how to solve my problem?

Madman666

The foot part is mounted on the leg part, thats quite obvious, no? If you replace the fleshy leg with bionic one, you don't have the fleshy foot to replace anymore and you of course can't install bionic foot over a bionic leg. Bionic foot is added in this mod so that you won't have to replace whole leg when your guy loses only a few toes or a foot. The foot is cheaper to craft than a whole leg. Thats it.