[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Krasaar

I mean, yeah I know that but if you install bionic arms and command such colonist to melee attack something or someone then his target might have in health log information that he was partly wounded by bionic arm AND normal human fist, that is why I am asking, it looks like after transplanting a shoulder or leg it blocks a possibility to transplant hand/foot, also after cutting off whole leg/arm there should be an information that colonist is missing foot/hand, dont you think?

Madman666

Quote from: Krasaar on June 21, 2018, 11:37:14 AM
I mean, yeah I know that but if you install bionic arms and command such colonist to melee attack something or someone then his target might have in health log information that he was partly wounded by bionic arm AND normal human fist, that is why I am asking, it looks like after transplanting a shoulder or leg it blocks a possibility to transplant hand/foot, also after cutting off whole leg/arm there should be an information that colonist is missing foot/hand, dont you think?

God, both modder and developer are humans, they can't really think through every single situation possible with such a complex game like RW. Combat log system was added in B18, so it still has a LOT of quirks and this is just one of those werd things it brought up. Combat log mentioning a fist is just a small oversight either from dev or from Ykara (probably from the dev actually, as bionic arm is a vanilla item) Bionic arm fully replaces flesh arm, so you won't be able to install anything else over it. It technically doesn't even have "fingers", like fleshy one - since they can no longer be shot off, or bitten off etc (never ever seen fingers shot off from bionic arms).

The thing with bruises from fists in target's health status is either a minor oversight from the dev or its completely intended, since bionic arms are supposed to also have bionic hands\fists already integrated into it. Its not really a problem for this mod's author to solve i think. I don't even know if its possible to make bionic arms automatically apply things like bionic hands along with them.

Krasaar

yeah... anyways, thanks for your reply, now I am at least sure I didnt mess up something while I was installing this mod. I will keep trying to solve it by myself, maybe I will be successfull who knows :v

Madman666

No problem. Some people had similar problems caused by bionics not having all the required parts - like Medieval Times mod introduced gauntlets - and bionic arms didn't let you equip those, it always said - pawn doesn't have the neccessary limb to equip it.

Antaios

Quote from: CraigDeVonne on June 26, 2018, 08:39:27 PM
Hello Ykara, I made an unofficial update for this.
If you don't want me to do so please let me know.
If you do mind I will remove and apologize.
I also don't mind if you use mine to help update this one.

At the very least, I think you should have waited until 1.0 was in stable.
A lot of mods aren't going to update until that is the case, and it's a bit of bad form to assume that a mod dev is absent based on the fact that they haven't updated to an unstable release that's only available via steam.

And that is not even to mention the significant changes this mod is likely to go through if it gets properly updated to 1.0 to integrate appropriately into the new vanilla bionics and prosthetics systems. An update to EPOE isn't going to be quick if it's done with the new prosthetics in mind.

Just food for thought.

Nihil

Quote from: Antaios on June 27, 2018, 12:33:03 AM
Quote from: CraigDeVonne on June 26, 2018, 08:39:27 PM
Hello Ykara, I made an unofficial update for this.
If you don't want me to do so please let me know.
If you do mind I will remove and apologize.
I also don't mind if you use mine to help update this one.

At the very least, I think you should have waited until 1.0 was in stable.
A lot of mods aren't going to update until that is the case, and it's a bit of bad form to assume that a mod dev is absent based on the fact that they haven't updated to an unstable release that's only available via steam.

And that is not even to mention the significant changes this mod is likely to go through if it gets properly updated to 1.0 to integrate appropriately into the new vanilla bionics and prosthetics systems. An update to EPOE isn't going to be quick if it's done with the new prosthetics in mind.

Just food for thought.

I agree, this is not alright. Especially since you've copied the name, form post, and are even allowing others to make mods based on your copied content if they give YOU credit rather than the original creator.

What you could have done is made a mod called "Craig's EPOE update" or something, write your own forum post clearly linking back to the original and explaining what you have done(which is a quick port of the mod to the new version), and post that here.

Edit: AND you've put your paypal link in your post. This just went from dumb to malicious.

thejinn

I need help with a bug (I think it is), please let me know if I'm in the wrong place.  I do have a bunch of other mods installed, though I'm not sure if any of them modifies the body definitions (I've do have the androids faction mod).  Okay, so here is my problem:

I replaced a pawn's natural arm with a bionic one.  Some time later, I installed a bionic hand on the other hand (I checked to see I couldn't install the hand on top of the arm, I couldn't).  Right after there was a raid and I tried to use that pawn to equip a ballistic shield.  It gave me an error that I lacked the body parts.   I can still equip a mace, an assault rifle, and a long sword even (which is 2 handed iirc). 

To fix it, I uninstalled the hand, and installed another bionic arm to replace it, working under the logic that maybe the arm includes the hand, which is why the arm costs a bit more than the hand.  But no, even with two bionic arms, I can't equip the shield. 

Is this a bug?  Or am I missing something?

Canute

Yep thats the issue.
Some mod's add Hand/food wear like gloves and shoes, that don't work with Bionic arms/legs anymore since they don't a foot/hand entry anymore.
And i think the same with shield's they maybe require arms, which isn't availble when you got bionic hands.
Weapons only need manipulation above zero to be equiped.

Maybe ask the maker of the shield mod to change the requirement for the shield.
From a special bodypart to manipulation above 50%/75%.

thejinn

Quote from: Canute on July 02, 2018, 03:01:29 AM
Yep thats the issue.
Some mod's add Hand/food wear like gloves and shoes, that don't work with Bionic arms/legs anymore since they don't a foot/hand entry anymore.
And i think the same with shield's they maybe require arms, which isn't availble when you got bionic hands.
Weapons only need manipulation above zero to be equiped.

Maybe ask the maker of the shield mod to change the requirement for the shield.
From a special bodypart to manipulation above 50%/75%.

Okay, awesome, now at least I know.  Any chance this is something that is easy that I could just change myself?  I know a bunch of stuff in Rimworld are editable by textfiles..

Gemima

Question: Do the effects of the painkiller rib stack? Or should i just use one rib per colonist?

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: Gemima on July 21, 2018, 02:25:14 AM
Question: Do the effects of the painkiller rib stack? Or should i just use one rib per colonist?

I believe they stack, but with diminishing returns. I typically added multiple just for the sake of "flavor" than for actual noticeable effect.

Lavious

Quote from: sepromas on February 21, 2018, 10:32:26 AM
BUG REPORT
Hello I cant remove brain stimulant Doctors will only use anesthesi and stand there.
Video: https://youtu.be/f2N0RB8EZ_Q
I found this bug still exists.  It can  be worked around with debug mode, but still.

doc776

The upgraded bionic arm has 10% more manipulation than the archotech arm. Had them both offered from a traded and looked at stats. The archoteck arm was more expansive too.

Smexy_Vampire