[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

faltonico

Thank you for making this mod!, it is really a tremendous addition to this great game!
But i have to say that, 5 vancidium per component and 5 component to upgrade is kind of ludicrous... i modified for my personal use the vancidium amount required for the components, the ammount of components needed for every upgrade and added raw vancidium to the recipe of each upgrade.
The thing is that you need a very specialized toon to craft those components and the vancidium, and if you take into account the requirements for crafting each piece, those recipes become simply useless, in the sense that it is better just to buy the pieces already crafted if you have the chance.

coldcell

How do I put the 1.83?

In the mod order, is the 1.83 above or below the 1.82?

Thanks!

Dingo

Guys, I repeat, 1.83 MUST BE INSTALLED CLEANLY. You have to delete the old EPOE folder before you install 1.83. This is completely safe to do.

Contrary to how Ykara phrased it, 1.83 is not a patch, it's a full version and it deletes obsolete files that you do not want to load from 1.82 to fix some bugs.

Litcube

Hi guys, a question.

Does anyone know why ykara, the author, uses two bases every so often, one being 'vanilla'?  For example, in synthetic surgery:

SurgerySynthetic
SurgerySyntheticVanilla

Both bases are the same, except vanilla doesn't have 'human' as a recipe user.

Install joywire and install painstopper use the vanilla base, and the other synthetic organs don't. 

Does anyone know why it was designed this way?  What's the significance of not having human as a recipe user?

jmababa

Quote from: Litcube on October 12, 2016, 10:10:43 AM
Hi guys, a question.

Does anyone know why ykara, the author, uses two bases every so often, one being 'vanilla'?  For example, in synthetic surgery:

SurgerySynthetic
SurgerySyntheticVanilla

Install joywire and install painstopper use the vanilla base, and the other synthetic organs don't. 

Does anyone know why it was designed this way?  What's the significance of not having human as a recipe user?

Just grab the medical compilation it has this there but has what you want and more

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Litcube on October 12, 2016, 10:10:43 AM
Hi guys, a question.

SurgerySynthetic
SurgerySyntheticVanilla

The only difference I found is the
                 <recipeUsers>
<li>Human</li>
</recipeUsers>

But I, too, can't explain the goal behind having those two bases. They are essentially the same, and the two surgeries that they are attached to are not Vanilla ^^

Dingo

The mod is really big but its structure can probably be condensed down by 10-20% with proper editing, inheritance etc. Values for a lot of the prostheses are overpriced, Vancidium is kinda weird, surgery bases being really similar and all that jazz. It doesn't make a difference in the final product, though, just the initial loading time.

dragon0303

Hello having a question about mod. i Have colonist with brain 5/9. Wanna fix that so i research brain surgery. But i cant find that option. Where i have option to fix that vegetable?

ReconCrow

Quote from: dragon0303 on October 16, 2016, 05:09:00 PM
Hello having a question about mod. i Have colonist with brain 5/9. Wanna fix that so i research brain surgery. But i cant find that option. Where i have option to fix that vegetable?
Craft Brain Simulator or Al Chip and install it.

dragon0303

Sure, but where i can find it? :D i cant find it in workbenches or operations.

EDIT; Okay got it, you must research surrogate organ too.

dragon0303

ok, got another problem. I install brain simulator, stats are ok. But she cant move. Even when i try draft hear, game say "she cannot walk". Buged? Or i fak up something? :D

expllosao

I got the same bug, installed a bionic spine but james still cant walk... Please help :(

kaptain_kavern

Isn't that the "vanilla" bug with anaesthetised peoples that cannot wake up ?

If yes, all you have to do is just punch them once with another drafted colonist in order to wake them up

dragon0303

Holy, that work out. Autor should give adnotation about that bug on mod.
Thanks for help

kaptain_kavern

No problems mate.

I too maintain a medical mod and had to search for it because I was thinking it can come from mine, and I can tell you that the bug happen even in Vanilla.

The only other solution I found was to edit savegames ^^