[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Circadine

Hello again, figured out the cause of the problem I was having was not loading HugsLib BEFORE hospitality... stupid me...

Elithen

I scanned through a few pages and didn't see anyone talking about this issue recently; whenever my visitors love their stay, and leave items behind, all apparel is marked with the deadman's D, making it essentially unusable. This isn't a huge problem, more of wondering if there's any fix for that or if it's a known problem.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 254

Orion

Hey, that's an interesting one. I'll have to see if that happens here too.

Canute

Did you maybe sold these deadman appearal to the visitors before or did they bought it from your area ?

It happen for serveral times, i sold all low value deadman clothes to the visitor just to have free stockpile space. And they left them as present when they leave.

Elithen

Nope, I don't have anything for sale to guests atm aside from artwork.

Elithen

So I've been taking a closer look at guests when they arrive, and the Deadman apparel is already in their inventories when they arrive. Only a few of them have it, but those that do only drop it when they leave.

It's odd, because there'll be a non-trader guest with over a dozen extra articles of clothing in their inventory, and 90% of it is D while the one or two others aren't, but they only drop D apparel. Is it possible that their inventory of apparel to bring/drop is determined by value, and the mod fills in the remainder with low-value D apparel? Because a disproportionate amount of it seems to be damaged D headscarves worth less than 1 silver.

Orion

That is very likely. When I wrote the code for what they should bring, D clothes didn't exist yet. I'll add a check against them in the next version.

Prismaa

Orion

I've made a rough analysis of the required work and started with the update. But honestly it's so much work that I can't promise anything.
Two weeks is a realistic guess.

Ruptga

Quote from: Orion on May 27, 2017, 09:42:33 AM
I've made a rough analysis of the required work and started with the update. But honestly it's so much work that I can't promise anything.
Two weeks is a realistic guess.

Sucks, but thanks for the update.

Sixdd

No worries Orion, we'll still be here when it's ready :D

viperwasp

Thanks Orion for the update.

I know we all have our favorite mods. I have about seven core mods I can't really live without. And this so happens to be one of them. In fact if I had to rank my most needed mods yours would be rank 3-4. That does not mean this mod is the 3rd or 4th best mod but in some ways I feel it is in my opinion.

First of all it's my opinion only but the only mods that I feel I need more then this mod is probably Prepare Carefully, Vegetable Garden and maybe Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0. I legit won't even play A17 until this mod is out! I do like to use about 20 mods but only top seven or so are needed.

But by all means this does not mean you have to rush Orion. Since I can't really play A17 until this mod is done. That two weeks you speculate gives enough time for all the other mods I want updated to finish. And it gives Tynan time to make sure A17 does not have any really bad bugs that he needs to release a A17B or C etc... I would hate to start an epic colony only to have to restart because A17b is released with a critical bug fix. So two weeks is awesome sauce keep up the good work. Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Wraithling

I can strongly relate to what viperwasp said.

This mod to me, is a MUST HAVE, and I absolutely refuse to venture into A17 without it. A Rimworld game with the Hospitality™ mod gives me a more satisfying experience than all the new goodies A17 brings. Take two weeks, two months, or all the time you need Orion. Don't let us rush you ;D  (I also remembered waiting for about 2 weeks while you updated A15 to A16, so many of us here have 'experience' at waiting)

Orion

Sorry about all the waiting every time.

It's just really a lot of work  :-[

And thanks for the kind words! I've received a lot of them, lately. Funny enough,  when the mod stops working and not when it's performing well.

But I guess that's always the issue with a job done well - you don't notice it until it stops.

It's even more like that on Steam, where people don't have to update mods themselves. A lot of new people thought what Hospitality does was vanilla. Until now :P

Dryerlint

Quote from: Orion on May 30, 2017, 01:21:26 AM
Sorry about all the waiting every time.

It's just really a lot of work  :-[

And thanks for the kind words! I've received a lot of them, lately. Funny enough,  when the mod stops working and not when it's performing well.

But I guess that's always the issue with a job done well - you don't notice it until it stops.

It's even more like that on Steam, where people don't have to update mods themselves. A lot of new people thought what Hospitality does was vanilla. Until now :P

It's like vegetable garden, blends in so perfectly that you only notice when it's gone.