[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Quote from: lazuli42 on October 07, 2016, 09:46:53 AM
The new update looks good! I was wondering, though, if you plan on updating the brew table recipes so that they use the new fermentation system introduced in A15. As it is now making any of the modded drinks is way faster than making beer.

Sooo anyway. Thanks to the work of Cupro. (Doing all the hard coding!) I was able to reverse engineer some code to make this!

Next preview version will release tonight. Alcohol overhaul.

lazuli42

Hurray for alcohol! I wasn't actually expecting that be changed, great job you two.

BTW, i was playtesting your last preview release and came across some bugs. They are:

1. Salted Pork and Pickled Veggies can only be made at the powered prep table, not the unpowered one. This kinda defeats the purpose of offering a low tech solution to food preservation.
2. Salted pork can be used as an ingredient to make... salted pork. This essentially just causes salt to disappear with nothing to show for it.
3. Sun lamps can be made without having electricity researched. You still cant do anything with them since you have no way to power them, but I thought you should know. Although it's possible this is caused by a mod conflict on my end, I haven't tested the mod by itself.

dismar

Quote from: lazuli42 on October 08, 2016, 03:33:21 PM
Hurray for alcohol! I wasn't actually expecting that be changed, great job you two.

BTW, i was playtesting your last preview release and came across some bugs. They are:

1. Salted Pork and Pickled Veggies can only be made at the powered prep table, not the unpowered one. This kinda defeats the purpose of offering a low tech solution to food preservation.
2. Salted pork can be used as an ingredient to make... salted pork. This essentially just causes salt to disappear with nothing to show for it.
3. Sun lamps can be made without having electricity researched. You still cant do anything with them since you have no way to power them, but I thought you should know. Although it's possible this is caused by a mod conflict on my end, I haven't tested the mod by itself.

Thanks! As you know it's not a release yet for these reasons!

To keep salted meat other animal mod compatible i'll have to leave the salted meat makes salted meat in the recipe. But it will be OFF by default.

whatnow96

how do you get soy milk? there are no soy beans.....

dismar

Quote from: whatnow96 on October 08, 2016, 05:46:40 PM
how do you get soy milk? there are no soy beans.....

Beans are under/after agriculture research. They are just called beans.

dismar

MAY NOT BE SAVE SAFE. Always delete older versions before adding new mod.
Not available on steam

Download :
Veg Garden preview release 2!!!

Rise of the alcohol fermentation.

10/8
- Alcohol barrels fully added
- old recipes for alcohol removed
- coconut milk added to cheese and chocolate milk
- bug fixes (recipes, item, sunlamps)
- new category added for all things brewing
- dry fruit updated
- rot times adjusted on many crop items.

10/7
-Alcohol Barrel coding begin

kaptain_kavern

creeper857

is it possible to download garden tools separate from rest of the mod?

dismar

Quote from: creeper857 on October 09, 2016, 08:13:39 AM
It's on steam :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755926519

Tho it is not the same as the one in the full mod atm. No fertilizer stuff yet.

creeper857

Quote from: dismar on October 09, 2016, 08:50:19 AM
Quote from: creeper857 on October 09, 2016, 08:13:39 AM
It's on steam :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755926519

Tho it is not the same as the one in the full mod atm. No fertilizer stuff yet.
I dont have the steam version :(

zmadz

fertilizer methods are amazing much more better than fertilizing from thin air, love the brewing tab but i feel like there is no need to have a bill for each crate , a simple empty crate bill with selected details for them all would imho make it better.

was wondering if you can do any menu(tab) for growing where you could separate growing flowers/fruits/vegetable/resource leaf/tree since when you research them all it clogs the interface making it rly hard to read

I have been getting some error

keep up the good work =]

dismar

Are you loading jnto a save game? And did completely delete your mod folder before upgrading?

Most of the other stuff is hard coded but I can look into it.

zmadz

Quote from: dismar on October 09, 2016, 03:02:30 PM
Are you loading jnto a save game? And did completely delete your mod folder before upgrading?

Most of the other stuff is hard coded but I can look into it.

well i started by deleting old vegetable garden and puting new one inside, but i didn't completly delete other mods i been having some hash collisions with mushrooms and robots ++ but i thought this error  was a work giver for pack table. Thought testing it with other mods and seeing what happen.

duduluu

Hello, dismar!
I see the coconut in your mod.
I must tell you, it's draw by me.
I draw the picture for Ocean Biome Ecosysem.
I think you should add my ID to credit.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20169.0
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website