[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Yck

That's indeed a great tip. Thanks for sharing. You just saved me a lot of time I'd spend Googling and waiting for replies in this thread. Thank you!

chumbaba

Hi,
I want to share my experience with this compilation so far. Installations doesnt went that well.

QuoteYep, github don't got a release zip, they just got a working area.
The HCSK team should realy made a stable release for all these lazy gamers.

Download a clone from github.
Delete all folder/files inside rimworld/mods except "Core".
Extract all and copy the mods to Rimworld main folder, overwrite existing files.
Copy modconfig.xml to the config folder.

After I ve done this I had 3 pages of red line errors. So I opened up the modconfig.xml and it looks like a mod order. So I tabbed in and out to make the mod order in rimworld like in the modconfig. Is the modconfig.xml made for this? Or should it order the mods automatically? Dont know, but if this file is for the user then it should be explained.
Now I only have 1 red line

Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ResearchProjectDef:GenerateNonOverlappingCoordinates()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Probably harmless what do you think?  At least mod is working fine so far.

Another thing
Now I got my first enemy corpses, so I researched training facilities but it didnt unlock the autopsy table. What did I miss?

Canute

That part i wrote was just to get the archive from github.
The installation order at the 1. page said :
2. Go to:
For Windows users:
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config
windows button + R -> the Run dialog will appear
type %APPDATA%\..\LocalLow -> this will open the appdata folder
For Linux users:
/home/your user name/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
For Mac users:
/Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config
Delete all the files that exist in that folder.
And copy new "ModsConfig.xml", which at the root of the archive modpack.

Don't play/edit with the modsconfig.xml, you can disable mods over the game itself.

- I managed that my terminator survived the Darkness event outside (thanks to the Tin mellee shocker and his regeneration) and got alot "shadow" corpses.
They can't be butchered, ok. But can feed to pets.
I can put them at the compost bin, but they don't rot like other corpses.
The name of the corpses changed from "shadow" to "darkspawn" after a game loading.
But i think if you manage it to get these rare spawn/corpse (ok they arn't that rare, the terminator killed more then 30 of them) you should maybe get something special out of them. When you butcher them you maybe get shadow core thats unlock maybe a research for shadow armor (Darkness at the field but high evasion).

- Another idea for Terramorph, add stone chunks to their diet, if they are hungry they dig into stone.
If they ate a stone chunk they leave a random raw ore.
Or when they lay egg's these eggs got 0 nut. but can be smelt into Ilmenite ore.

sergiocella

Is there any way to get machinegun crates? I know you can get traded but I want to know if you can make them.

Canute

Could you please be a bit more precise ?
I don't find "machinegun crates".
Do you mean the 2 crates you can build once you researched "machine guns" ? Yes you can build these at the hvy arms lathe.

MightyGooga

Hello again peeps.

I have updated the game and Im trying the latest version on gihtub. Can some one confirm that the possibility to define the cleaning area has gone?

GoblinPunch

It would be interesting if 'bones' were a collectible resource from slaughtering animals/people. Make stuff out of bones would be awesome.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: gustavoghe on March 03, 2017, 05:04:34 PM
Hello again peeps.

I have updated the game and Im trying the latest version on gihtub. Can some one confirm that the possibility to define the cleaning area has gone?

Yes that particular mod is gone. However, there is a new mod on Steam that takes up the mantle. Basically it lets you set any zone as the zone to clean. Combine that with the mod that gives you unlimited number of zones and the new version is prob better than the original.

Easy to set up multiple cleaning zones for tight control of cleaning. Don't know if it'll play well with HardcoreSK as I haven't tried it yet.

Canute

*sigh*
Another unplayable colony. Now even the regular colonybar disapeared. The log is full of errors too.

I realy enjoyed to play hardcore again after serveral Rimworld versions. Very good ideas and solutions overall.
But all these errors and glitches they appear during gameplay made it very hard to play.
Maybe next Rimworld version made it easyer for HCSK !

orcinator

Noticed parapets (and embrasures) were made impassible in the more recent version I'm trying.

Not really a fan of this since it makes defending against melee even attackers easier than before.

Also incendiary weapons of all kinds  don't seem to work

edit: version should be hcsk 0.16.1393
rev 1812

edit2: seems like this applies to all explosions, using the debug menu to spawn explosions did nothing. The shrapnel from frag grenades seems to work though.

error message is

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Explosion.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ExplosionManager.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

AngleWyrm

Quote from: gustavoghe on March 03, 2017, 05:04:34 PM

If you put a revision number in the name of the release zip file then it becomes apparent; it's also handy for users to determine if they have the latest version.

It can be as simple as the date of release, just to sort out versions.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Onmius

So.. I had a meteor shower event happen. I had two meteors near my base that wouldnt stop exploding. I deleted them with the dev tools and then game seemed fine. However now I am getting massive slowdown on my save and found this repeating over and over in the log:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

How do I fix this?

EDIT: So I figured it out myself and im editing my post in case anyone else as this issue. You need to go into the Save file with a text editor. I HIGHLY suggest notepad++ and not just notepad. Go to the section for "Explosionmanager" and delete every event. This will remove the problem.

PhxCan

Quote from: orcinator on March 04, 2017, 06:12:55 PM
Noticed parapets (and embrasures) were made impassible in the more recent version I'm trying.

Not really a fan of this since it makes defending against melee even attackers easier than before.

rev 1812

edit2: seems like this applies to all explosions, using the debug menu to spawn explosions did nothing. The shrapnel from frag grenades seems to work though.

error message is

Embrasures are meant to be impassable in reality.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pillbox_embrasure_with_shutter.JPG
Also melee attackers are least of the problems, when terminators or guys with shielded power armors come you wish for even more powerful defenses, rather than passable ones. In last version I was attacked by 50 terminators, and I barely killed 10 of them. And my base had multiple defensive perimeters. The mod needs more defense if you ask me, like base shields and base powered energy weapons. Energy weapon turrets with ammo is a bad idea, again in reality this weapons work with only supplied power from the structure they ar attached to. No ammo needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0DbgNju2wE

If you kill realism in a game for the sake of making it enjoyable, it becomes an arcade game. And arcade games are not known as replayable games.

low_head

Heya

Get an error when the "Darkness Has Arrived!":

(How to do a "spoiler" or size the image?)

orcinator

Quote from: PhxCan on March 05, 2017, 05:38:03 PM
Quote from: orcinator on March 04, 2017, 06:12:55 PM

rev 1812

error message is

Embrasures are meant to be impassable in reality.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pillbox_embrasure_with_shutter.JPG
Also melee attackers are least of the problems, when terminators or guys with shielded power armors come you wish for even more powerful defenses, rather than passable ones. In last version I was attacked by 50 terminators, and I barely killed 10 of them. And my base had multiple defensive perimeters. The mod needs more defense if you ask me, like base shields and base powered energy weapons. Energy weapon turrets with ammo is a bad idea, again in reality this weapons work with only supplied power from the structure they ar attached to. No ammo needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0DbgNju2wE

I mean okay, the lategame raids are broken, but impassible cover might as well remove melee enemies from the game since the AI can't handle it, and parapets are the first defenses you'll be able to build since blocks are easier to get than cotton seeds and embrasures can be acquired shortly thereafter assuming you find enough iron for the components.

Quote from: PhxCan on March 05, 2017, 05:38:03 PM

If you kill realism in a game for the sake of making it enjoyable, it becomes an arcade game. And arcade games are not known as replayable games.

Now you're just talking nonsense.