[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Pectus Solentis on September 07, 2017, 08:24:58 AM
Hello, I'm a Korean user who plays this mod very enthusiatized.
But, There's not-reinstallable tables in this mod... even being not reinstallable seems very ridiculous.

Why I can't reinstall research table while I can reinstall butcher table?
And, Why I can't reinstall multi-purpose heater in this game despite I can reinstall my heaters in real life?

Please consider this... and please mend it when the next version released.

We still not finish to enable portability for all worktables. Fix that in the future.

Quote from: TheDuuke on September 07, 2017, 01:17:22 PM
Maybe someone has already asked this but after spending half a day searching for an answer your my last hope xD Does Hardcore-SK work with A17 allready? Because i cant get it to run

Hello! Welcome to our discord channel, we will help.
https://discord.gg/FMPRSKr

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on September 06, 2017, 08:42:14 PM
Just commented to say congrats on 1 million views

Thank you :)

Jons

Quote from: PhenotypeX on September 07, 2017, 05:49:25 AM
Quote from: Jons on September 06, 2017, 03:36:10 PM
Therefore, counterintuitive though it may seem, the best thing to do if your colonists get diseased and you only have garbage beds is to force them to never sleep. This seems wrong to me. Logically, even resting on a cold stone floor should be at least slightly better than performing back-breaking labor in a mine, but currently it isn't. The miner is more likely to survive the malaria outbreak than the guy who has been resting peacefully all day.

You're 100% right, but for some reason mild criticisms/suggestions like this are always responded to with accusations that you are a cry baby noob.

It isn't a case of wanting things to be easier, just suggesting how they could be better. Overall infection rates could be sped up to balance.

I was thinking that it would make sense to just lower the immunity gain speed while not resting to a level below that of the worst bed. Since a sleeping spot has a gain speed of 75% the simple solution would be to drop standing gain speed to something like 70%. That way it would actually be beneficial to send your people to rest.

This would actually make the game more difficult not less.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: TheDuuke on September 07, 2017, 01:17:22 PM
Maybe someone has already asked this but after spending half a day searching for an answer your my last hope xD Does Hardcore-SK work with A17 allready? Because i cant get it to run

You have to go download the master from github. The releases on the nexus/mega are complete versions for older Rimworld Alphas. The a17 version is still a work in progress, and being not fully released yet will not be copied to the nexus/mega yet.

If you look in the first post you will see a large link that is "Download the latest test version" That link will take you to github, from there click on the green button that says "Clone or Download"

If you are already using that correct download, then the discord Sky linked to is definitely a great place to go to get help. Even when you do get it running that discord is still a great place to go. Everyone there is running HardcoreSK, so when you run into problems/questions, almost always someone around to ask. And you will run into things you have questions on!!

PhenotypeX

Quote from: Jons on September 07, 2017, 03:01:50 PM
Quote from: PhenotypeX on September 07, 2017, 05:49:25 AM
Quote from: Jons on September 06, 2017, 03:36:10 PM
Therefore, counterintuitive though it may seem, the best thing to do if your colonists get diseased and you only have garbage beds is to force them to never sleep. This seems wrong to me. Logically, even resting on a cold stone floor should be at least slightly better than performing back-breaking labor in a mine, but currently it isn't. The miner is more likely to survive the malaria outbreak than the guy who has been resting peacefully all day.

You're 100% right, but for some reason mild criticisms/suggestions like this are always responded to with accusations that you are a cry baby noob.

It isn't a case of wanting things to be easier, just suggesting how they could be better. Overall infection rates could be sped up to balance.

I was thinking that it would make sense to just lower the immunity gain speed while not resting to a level below that of the worst bed. Since a sleeping spot has a gain speed of 75% the simple solution would be to drop standing gain speed to something like 70%. That way it would actually be beneficial to send your people to rest.

This would actually make the game more difficult not less.

Yes I agree. It seems that rest effectiveness has a similar problem. Pawns seem to need more sleep in basic beds than they do crashing on the floor.

Flavorful

The installation instructions on Github are not very clear. So, follow these instructions instead:

FIRST, YOU HAVE TO PLAY VANILLA FOR LIKE A MINUTE. (for anyone who is installing it from a new computer or just decided to start the game with this mod.)

download the SK zipfolder.

make a separate folder and label it like Hardcore SK Mod.

put the zipped SK folder into the folder you just made.

then extract it using a program like 7 zip.

click the file that came out and it'll show you guides/mods/updater.

go to the mod folder.
copy all the files in the mod folder.

go back to the alpha rimworld folder (where you launch the game).

and go to that mod folder. You should see the folder "Core".
(Assuming you had never put any mods in the folder before / it is a fresh copy of the game - Do not delete Core. If you have had mods in the folder prior to this, then start with a fresh copy.)
and right click and paste.
click yes to overwrite the folders.

then go back to the folder SK folder.
copy modConfigs.

go to your C drive. > user > (your name / computer name) > app data (requires hidden items to be checked mark (view on top, right hand side, hidden items)) > locallow > Ludeon Studios > rimworld by ludeon studios > Config.
delete all the files inside.

then paste modconfig.

now you can you start playing.

Knedl

I am pretty sure there is a bug with farming zones. I was planting cotton and then changed the allow sowing to off so I could make rich soil. As it got build I put the allow sowing back to on but the cotton did not get planted. I tried deleting the zone and made a new one but it's like the land that got forbidden once for sowing can't be used again for farming. Tried with diferent plants but if I select a pawn and right click on growing zone where I forbid sowing it just has no option to priorotize planting. Tried all options I could think off but the land simply can't be sown again :( Any ideas how to solve this one?

PhenotypeX

Quote from: Knedl on September 10, 2017, 05:03:26 AM
I am pretty sure there is a bug with farming zones. I was planting cotton and then changed the allow sowing to off so I could make rich soil. As it got build I put the allow sowing back to on but the cotton did not get planted. I tried deleting the zone and made a new one but it's like the land that got forbidden once for sowing can't be used again for farming. Tried with diferent plants but if I select a pawn and right click on growing zone where I forbid sowing it just has no option to priorotize planting. Tried all options I could think off but the land simply can't be sown again :( Any ideas how to solve this one?

When you hover over the zone, does it give a message about bad seasonal temperature?

Knedl

No, it's growing all year and growing season. If a tree grows up in the zone I can set my farmer to priorize the zone but it only cuts the tree no sowing possible. I had that zone in use before and it grew all year.

Knedl

OMG I found the prob after I opened the savegame to see if it's still forbidden there. The thing is that I have seeds stored in baskets. I put the seeds out and they were forbidden! No idea how I managed to set the seeds inside the basket to be forbidden. It works now! Thanks for help.

Devinel

Hey, i just updated the Modpack to found out my savegame seem not to work with the changes. First the new Minimap seem to confuse me. some Mountains doesnt show up and are displayed like shadows. Is there a savegame recovery thread so i dont need to bother you? i really would love to go on with this savegame but if this means i got to stay in the older version it would make me kinda sad.

As i said it seems like some mountain parts are like shadows, when i click on them the game seems to stop working. Is there some information what Rimworld version we should add this mod to? Is it always the latest? I cant reach debug nor i can get into options menu because it doenst show this overlays when i press esc or press menu. Was there a change that rend old saves absolutly 100% unusuable? could i fix it by editing the savegame with editor or smth? im ready to do everything but i dont know where to start searching. Can u help me guys ?

sidfu

Quote from: Devinel on September 10, 2017, 07:36:27 AM
Hey, i just updated the Modpack to found out my savegame seem not to work with the changes. First the new Minimap seem to confuse me. some Mountains doesnt show up and are displayed like shadows. Is there a savegame recovery thread so i dont need to bother you? i really would love to go on with this savegame but if this means i got to stay in the older version it would make me kinda sad.

As i said it seems like some mountain parts are like shadows, when i click on them the game seems to stop working. Is there some information what Rimworld version we should add this mod to? Is it always the latest? I cant reach debug nor i can get into options menu because it doenst show this overlays when i press esc or press menu. Was there a change that rend old saves absolutly 100% unusuable? could i fix it by editing the savegame with editor or smth? im ready to do everything but i dont know where to start searching. Can u help me guys ?

the version in git is always the latest. sometimes we break saves when we either update or change something. normaly we give warning in discord about it. the rule of thumb is to always backup your mod folder before u update if u plan to keep your save. also always do a clean install. sometimes we rename files also and if u just copy over a older version u can have extra files.

Devinel

Quote from: sidfu on September 10, 2017, 07:45:59 AM
Quote from: Devinel on September 10, 2017, 07:36:27 AM

the version in git is always the latest. sometimes we break saves when we either update or change something. normaly we give warning in discord about it. the rule of thumb is to always backup your mod folder before u update if u plan to keep your save. also always do a clean install. sometimes we rename files also and if u just copy over a older version u can have extra files.

I got my old files backed up thats okay. its just i want to get the updated version to work. can u suggest me some workarounds?

Canute

Like sidfu mention before,
sometimes it isn't possible, because they did change too much or in a way that it can't work with an old safe anymore.

If you know what got changed, you can destroy/deconstruct them before you safe, and try it with the new version.

But i suggest to stay with the version you played.
Or start a new one with the new version, and use dev. tools to speed up your colony progress at the beginning.
But be warned, any new version allways can cause trouble/problems.
Maybe you should wait for a final A17 version (if there will be one).

Devinel

Quote from: Canute on September 10, 2017, 08:29:39 AM
Like sidfu mention before,
sometimes it isn't possible, because they did change too much or in a way that it can't work with an old safe anymore.

If you know what got changed, you can destroy/deconstruct them before you safe, and try it with the new version.

But i suggest to stay with the version you played.
Or start a new one with the new version, and use dev. tools to speed up your colony progress at the beginning.
But be warned, any new version allways can cause trouble/problems.
Maybe you should wait for a final A17 version (if there will be one).

Theres the fact that i will always look further for more awesome addons. Dont missunderstand me, i cant express how much i love this mod, so is there a changelog i could look up what was changed? the github hud confuses me and i kinda cant find out where the changes are loged. I am really wondering why only some mountains disappeared and others are still intact. well thx anyway

edit:

i get spammed by this at start?
Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.BodyPartDef named RightLobeLiver

ect for a lot body parts. what does it say? wrong installation?

Canute

I think the best source for info's are their discord channel.