[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

PhenotypeX

Quote from: sidfu on September 03, 2017, 07:23:58 PM
type of raiders u get are based on wealth.

the way it does it when a raid is triggered it checks your wealth vs the raid factions and such. then it bases what raids u on how much wealth u get. thats why i said u have to watch your wealth or u easly push into people with smg and pistols real fast.

the factions are soon gonna have a bit of a overhaul and it probaly be better then u just have to wait.

Are the events scaled to wealth? For example, Strange Artifact and Skynet?

GoblinPunch

Curious, the loading time is rather long (1-3mins depending ), does this happen to be the modpacks optimization? Or is it something that Sylvester has to solve/do on their end?

sidfu

yeah most events scale. so a posion ship at 300k wealth will have more enimies than a 100k one

Valor

Quote from: r4ky on September 04, 2017, 12:07:17 PM
anyone know how to make cigarios with tobacco please? i build each workbench without be able to find the good one ? or maybe it's a bug ??

Try primitive workbench.

r4ky

Quote from: Valor on September 04, 2017, 08:40:35 PM
anyone know how to make cigarios with tobacco please? i build each workbench without be able to find the good one ? or maybe it's a bug ??

Try primitive workbench.

i don't have just "primitive workbench", i have primitive prothestic bench and primitive research bench that all :/ so strange

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: r4ky on September 05, 2017, 12:57:24 PM
Quote from: Valor on September 04, 2017, 08:40:35 PM

Try primitive workbench.

i don't have just "primitive workbench", i have primitive prothestic bench and primitive research bench that all :/ so strange

The bench you are looking for is the craftsman bench. In the production architect menu look for "Weapons Crafts"

Jons

I want to say that this is an excellent modpack. I've been messing around with it a lot the past couple of days and it has breathed a ton of new life into Rimworld for me.

I haven't run into any bugs yet, but I did find something that I think might be unintended and is likely the reason that so many people seem to have issues with malaria and other diseases at low tech levels. The standard advice (and common sense) for dealing with disease is to send your colonist to rest and have a good doctor treat them.

The problem is that with early beds (hay beds, hide beds, and mattress beds) the immunity gain while resting in them is actually worse than it is while not resting. For instance, a hay bed has an immunity gain speed of 85% while resting and standing up doing work has an immunity gain speed of 100%.

Therefore, counterintuitive though it may seem, the best thing to do if your colonists get diseased and you only have garbage beds is to force them to never sleep. This seems wrong to me. Logically, even resting on a cold stone floor should be at least slightly better than performing back-breaking labor in a mine, but currently it isn't. The miner is more likely to survive the malaria outbreak than the guy who has been resting peacefully all day.

On a similar note, the wash-basin and surgeon's tools that you can build from the medical section both state that they alter immunity gain speed for the beds that they are connected to but they don't. I was curious to see if they were working so I checked in debug mode and despite their descriptions they don't actually do anything for immunity gain speed.

Note: I'm not saying that diseases are too difficult early on; they can be survived. My issue is that currently the disease system and how to deal with it is completely backwards at low tech. I'm also aware that the hide beds can be significantly improved if made with immunity gain speed leathers, but for beds made with just common leather what I've said stands true.

sidfu

its not a issue. 99% of most people that complain about diseases take and think they can get treatment then sendd their pawn back to work.

in the pack u need to find a animal on the map with a over 100% immunty gain leather. every map has them.
the tools for puting next to bed only 1 of tem gives immunty gain. each gives differnt stat.

XeoNovaDan

Just commented to say congrats on 1 million views

Jons

Quote from: sidfu on September 06, 2017, 07:50:06 PM
its not a issue. 99% of most people that complain about diseases take and think they can get treatment then sendd their pawn back to work.

in the pack u need to find a animal on the map with a over 100% immunty gain leather. every map has them.
the tools for puting next to bed only 1 of tem gives immunty gain. each gives differnt stat.

Sending them to get treatment and then putting them back to work is better than having them rest in a poor bed. That's my point. Using debug you can see that their immunity gain actually drops when they rest. Again, I'm not saying that it's too difficult, I'm just saying that it makes no sense.

Also, the tools (medical wash basin) that you put by the bed do not increase immunity gain. Watching it in debug you can see that it makes no difference with or without.

Canute

Jons,
does the medical tools draw a line to the bed, if you try to place them ?

PhenotypeX

Quote from: Jons on September 06, 2017, 03:36:10 PM
Therefore, counterintuitive though it may seem, the best thing to do if your colonists get diseased and you only have garbage beds is to force them to never sleep. This seems wrong to me. Logically, even resting on a cold stone floor should be at least slightly better than performing back-breaking labor in a mine, but currently it isn't. The miner is more likely to survive the malaria outbreak than the guy who has been resting peacefully all day.

You're 100% right, but for some reason mild criticisms/suggestions like this are always responded to with accusations that you are a cry baby noob.

It isn't a case of wanting things to be easier, just suggesting how they could be better. Overall infection rates could be sped up to balance.

Pectus Solentis

Hello, I'm a Korean user who plays this mod very enthusiatized.
But, There's not-reinstallable tables in this mod... even being not reinstallable seems very ridiculous.

Why I can't reinstall research table while I can reinstall butcher table?
And, Why I can't reinstall multi-purpose heater in this game despite I can reinstall my heaters in real life?

Please consider this... and please mend it when the next version released.

TheDuuke

Maybe someone has already asked this but after spending half a day searching for an answer your my last hope xD Does Hardcore-SK work with A17 allready? Because i cant get it to run