Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• December 12, 2019, 06:43:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 456

Author Topic: [1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise  (Read 1810560 times)

kaptain_kavern

• Planetologist
  • started 10 mods in one tick.
    • View Profile
    • RimWorldMod Slack - A place for live chatting about RimWorld modding

i dont know if a feature or a bug but when the colonist harvest cotton dont give raw cotton but cloth
Until next patch you can do it yourself pretty easily...

With a text editor : notepad will do the trick but i recommend/support Notepad++

Go open : \Mods\Core\Defs\ThingDefs\Plants_Cultivated.xml, and under :
Code: [Select]
<ThingDef ParentName="PlantBase">
    <defName>PlantCotton</defName>
    <label>cotton plant</label>
replace <harvestedThingDef>Cloth</harvestedThingDef> by <harvestedThingDef>RawCotton</harvestedThingDef> and you have to the same, just a bit under, with Devilstrand. Be aware of the capital in RawDevilstrand when replacing DevilstrandCloth.
You can use CTRL+f and paste the all code section to find it more quickly and even use "find and replace" command (CTRL+h) in Notepad++, when/if you feel comfortable enough, for editing (it's very handy and useful for modding because you can even do that automatically in an entire folder in once ;) )

Droid's use steel and plasteel ore to build, shouldn't that be (pla)steel bar ?
And they use Circuits, these should be Electronic chips.
There is no need to create another item.
Pretty much the same things in \Mods\MD2Droids-10_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_MakeDroids.xml (be aware of the upper size character in PlasteelBar).Be sure to do it for each tag (again "Find and Replace" y'all  8) ) Now for the Circuits, it's the way it's done in the original mod, but you can change that here too.

This one is wrong, you should upload it again mate. I belive there should be <singleBillGiverDef>EConcreteMixer</singleBillGiverDef>
instead
<singleBillGiverDef>EMixconcrete</singleBillGiverDef>
 :)

and this is correct.

But you do that at your own risk and please don't bother/blame on skyarkhangel if that doesn't work. I just share how i fix it on my computer.
The "official" way is to wait ... what 12h max before skyarkhangel fix those with the next patch ;D remember "Zero tolerance" ^^

EDIT : Adding Devilstrand manipulation too :p + adding a link to a randomly Googled example of a Find and Replace operation
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:21:01 AM by kaptain_kavern »

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Ok i got now a gamestoping bug from the modpack.
Currently no trading window appear when i want to trade with a local trader or use the com console.
The only thing that is different from the last times are, that i bought these arcade games from an exotic goods vendor. And these cause an error event after loading.

Edit: Yep it must be these Arcade game, when i use a safegame before i bought them, trade window works fine.

BTW. on start there are 2 errors:
Could not find a type named BiteablePawn
Could not find a type named ZombiePawn
these arn't game breaking, and i don't saw any negativ effect so far at the zombies. Zombie's still can bite and infect others. So i ignored them so far.
But they show up as red errors.

[attachment deleted due to age]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:23:44 AM by Canute »

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile

I'am working last three days on my new realistic production chain + chemical industry mods as expansion pack to Superior Craft.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 10:15:32 AM by skyarkhangel »

kexici

• Drifter
  • FREE HUGS
    • View Profile

I'am working last three days on my new realistic production chain + chemical industry mods as expansion pack to Superior Craft.
WOW :) it´t sound good :)
thx for all you work :)

Uglyr

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Great! Will production buildings realisticaly generate heat? And have auto standby mode to not consume electricity while not in use?  ::)

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Can you share your new idea's about the chemical indu. please ?

Do you plan to add an oil well to the map maybe ?
These oil well can be harvest manualy for crude oil (crafting II) and later can be placed a headframe (crafting III) on it that bring out the oil like the current Mine extractor. And a pipeline system like the power conduit to move the output of the headframe to your colony.
A crude low power refinery (Crafting II) to get 1-2 things out of the crude oil, all Crafting III a full working refinery to get the best out of the oil.

Lewtz

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Finally figured out how to get plastic and rubber, but I can't figure out where to make the drillhead?  Can you only buy it?

kaptain_kavern

• Planetologist
    • View Profile

I can't figure out where to make the drillhead?  Can you only buy it?
in the machining table man
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:45:41 PM by kaptain_kavern »

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile

i dont know if a feature or a bug but when the colonist harvest cotton dont give raw cotton but cloth
Until next patch you can do it yourself pretty easily...

With a text editor : notepad will do the trick but i recommend/support Notepad++

Go open : \Mods\Core\Defs\ThingDefs\Plants_Cultivated.xml, and under :
Code: [Select]
<ThingDef ParentName="PlantBase">
    <defName>PlantCotton</defName>
    <label>cotton plant</label>
replace <harvestedThingDef>Cloth</harvestedThingDef> by <harvestedThingDef>RawCotton</harvestedThingDef> and you have to the same, just a bit under, with Devilstrand. Be aware of the capital in RawDevilstrand when replacing DevilstrandCloth.
You can use CTRL+f and paste the all code section to find it more quickly and even use "find and replace" command (CTRL+h) in Notepad++, when/if you feel comfortable enough, for editing (it's very handy and useful for modding because you can even do that automatically in an entire folder in once ;) )

Droid's use steel and plasteel ore to build, shouldn't that be (pla)steel bar ?
And they use Circuits, these should be Electronic chips.
There is no need to create another item.
Pretty much the same things in \Mods\MD2Droids-10_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_MakeDroids.xml (be aware of the upper size character in PlasteelBar).Be sure to do it for each tag (again "Find and Replace" y'all  8) ) Now for the Circuits, it's the way it's done in the original mod, but you can change that here too.

This one is wrong, you should upload it again mate. I belive there should be <singleBillGiverDef>EConcreteMixer</singleBillGiverDef>
instead
<singleBillGiverDef>EMixconcrete</singleBillGiverDef>
 :)

and this is correct.

But you do that at your own risk and please don't bother/blame on skyarkhangel if that doesn't work. I just share how i fix it on my computer.
The "official" way is to wait ... what 12h max before skyarkhangel fix those with the next patch ;D remember "Zero tolerance" ^^

EDIT : Adding Devilstrand manipulation too :p + adding a link to a randomly Googled example of a Find and Replace operation

Or you can simply to copy Plants_cultivated.xml from SuperiorCraft A11 to Core_SK/Defs/thingDefs

when I myself updated A11, I forgot to move and update this file, because i forgot that SC uses "raw resources" for fabric plants. it almost doesn't differ from SC.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:53:23 PM by skyarkhangel »

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile

Ok i got now a gamestoping bug from the modpack.
Currently no trading window appear when i want to trade with a local trader or use the com console.
The only thing that is different from the last times are, that i bought these arcade games from an exotic goods vendor. And these cause an error event after loading.

Edit: Yep it must be these Arcade game, when i use a safegame before i bought them, trade window works fine.

BTW. on start there are 2 errors:
Could not find a type named BiteablePawn
Could not find a type named ZombiePawn
these arn't game breaking, and i don't saw any negativ effect so far at the zombies. Zombie's still can bite and infect others. So i ignored them so far.
But they show up as red errors.

ZombieApocalypse mod must be closer to Core then EPOE, to bypass the error "Could not find a type named ZombiePawn and Could not find a type named BiteablePawn". That is made in modconfig.xml. Do you copy it in modconfig folder? Just.. may be your mistakes is that you didn't it
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:38:15 PM by skyarkhangel »

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Yep i did, and i don't use any other mod.

skyrunner38

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

I cant find the ModsConfig.xml file. Can anyone point me towards it?

kaptain_kavern

• Planetologist
    • View Profile

At the root of the archive, it's one of the few files along that big list of folders

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Unzip the archiv into the mod folder of Rimworld, let it overwrite all.
After that open the mod folder and you will find ModsConfig.xml.

Uglyr

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

By the way - there are 2 industrial heaters now. Not sure if they both work.

And coal burning plant (fuel also, but not stated) IMHO eats fuel too fast. Something like 0.1% per second. So in 16 minutes of real time you lose stack of fuel or coal.

And in the long run I think temperature generation should be reworked somehow. In my current base I rely mostly on 6-8 campfires, while 6 heaters use lots of electricity, but give low temp.
Ducts are also questionable: 1x6 room with bed - door on one side and duct on other. "Outside" indoors have 18-21C, the room inside it 6-10C (Real outside temp is around -40/-60C).
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 456