Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• March 31, 2020, 06:39:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 457

Author Topic: [1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise  (Read 1891558 times)

Tootsieroll

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [A16a] [MODPACK] Hardcore SK global project 5.0 test: Jewel
« Reply #5205 on: February 11, 2017, 04:48:49 AM »

I have an issue where my colonist refuses to research certain projects. He can research other projects like normal but when I select certain projects, he simply stops and does other things like crafting and such.
Can this be fixed cuz one of the projects he refuses to research is automated turrets and I desperately need them for my defence.
Also, my cows don't sleep on my animal beds for some reason even though they can fit in them and they're in the allowed area.

Oragepoilu

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: February 11, 2017, 05:32:51 AM »

@toot

Are you trying to research thing like "Sentry turret" ?

They require, like some other end game research, a Hi-tech research bench and a multi analizer (both with power). If you don't have them you cannot research it. Check if you have them.
If you want to know what bench you need for each research, simply read the description.

If that's not because of this, I don't know.

M00nStalker

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: February 11, 2017, 05:38:43 AM »

I'm going to hell...

I needed compost for tilled/rich soil and my future hydroponics. The catch was that my map didn't have too much nitre and I didn't want to waste a mining rig to pull that up and then have a colonist make compost. I started hunting small animals but even that wasn't enough. However it turns out a small chicken gives as much compost as a large muffalo.  So I came up with another idea. I purchased a few hens and a rooster from a passing trader and started breeding chickens like crazy. After getting up 15 hens as breeding stock I used the fantastic manager mod to automatically assign every juvenile chicken to a new area. An area that's filled with compost bins, a steam geyser and an industrial heater, temperature 90 C. Naturally the chickens that's in this area suffer heatstroke, quite quickly. As they're already on the compost bins I don't even need to have a colonist haul the bodies.

The result is a close to unlimited supply of compost for no cost (the breeding stock are free range) and very minimal effort.

I do not condone cooking chickens alive.

Kadrush

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: February 11, 2017, 05:48:49 AM »

I'm going to hell...

I needed compost for tilled/rich soil and my future hydroponics. The catch was that my map didn't have too much nitre and I didn't want to waste a mining rig to pull that up and then have a colonist make compost. I started hunting small animals but even that wasn't enough. However it turns out a small chicken gives as much compost as a large muffalo.  So I came up with another idea. I purchased a few hens and a rooster from a passing trader and started breeding chickens like crazy. After getting up 15 hens as breeding stock I used the fantastic manager mod to automatically assign every juvenile chicken to a new area. An area that's filled with compost bins, a steam geyser and an industrial heater, temperature 90 C. Naturally the chickens that's in this area suffer heatstroke, quite quickly. As they're already on the compost bins I don't even need to have a colonist haul the bodies.

The result is a close to unlimited supply of compost for no cost (the breeding stock are free range) and very minimal effort.

I do not condone cooking chickens alive.

And thats how nuggets are born...

tagelconar

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: February 12, 2017, 04:52:49 AM »

I can't seem to see random events occur. Playing on latest build, I have tried multiple story tellers and it doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?

Oragepoilu

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: February 12, 2017, 05:31:39 AM »

@tagel

Try to have more wealth (item inside a stockpile, more colonist, more costly gear on colonist, more building)

Leave debug mode ON and see if there is some error that pop up related to this (Like a raid or caravan that couldn't find a place, etc)

Edit : I had some trouble for a while with taming, with a message saying "can't do it man, i'm full". You got the point.
When I selected my pawn, he had like 7 berry and his gear (leather/cloth) on top of his knife. Game was telling me he was at his weight limit (34/35), but once I removed the berry and pickup again he was back to normal weight (14/35).

So, there is something weird atm with the weight system. They can somehow end up have the wrong weight, and that slow them down or disable some job.

Don't really know much about this problem beside this, so if someone have an idea about solving this ... I'm listening.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:23:34 AM by Oragepoilu »

sergiocella

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: February 12, 2017, 06:20:59 AM »

@sergio

I don't know what "advanced research table" you talk about. There is a primitive, normal, Hi-tech, and additional multi analyzer.
All of them are under the same tab, Misc (between sun lamp and medical facility)

The "advanced research table" is the traslation of my language (spanish). Due to the bad traslation to the spanish language I can't find the investigation which unlocks the next table after the normal table, could you tell me which it is please?

All the time I'm referring to the table you need to investigate geothermal energy, for example, to understand us better.

Oragepoilu

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: February 12, 2017, 06:31:47 AM »

@serg
I guessed so. I'm no english myself but I still use the english all the time when I'm modding, as it's far more easy to solve most trouble this way, but I can understand not everyone want to do it this way.

"Geothermal energy" tech is called "Renewable power III" and need a "hi tech research bench" (but no "Multi analizer").
If you want to build a "Hi tech research bench" you need to research "Infrastructure III" (color between blue and purple, somewhat near the down part of the tech tree, right under the geo tech if you use the research tree tab)

Your next step (for late tech) will be to unlock the "Multi analizer", you will find it with the research "Ergonomic III" (Purple, near bottom right of the tech tree)

Iridescent

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: February 12, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »

Anyone have any tips on how to increase the temperature of a room to really high levels to make the xenon ion turbine work? i cant seem to go above 100 degrees no matter what i do

Oragepoilu

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: February 12, 2017, 02:29:30 PM »

I have yet to try the turbine,

But if you want hight temp you can (in this order) :
-Use free heat from geyser (and maybe oil fissure if they do ? dunno)
-Use the heat you push off your freezer
-Use the heat from some station (cooking, smelting) by using a cooler

------

About terminator event (yes, again), I found that Terminator can eventually leave the map *before* the message about accepting/rejecting him pop up if the event happen near the border.
Would be neat to have something that check available point for this event, and avoid it to happen if it's in 10 range of the border (like, building radius).

Rhyssia

• Colonist
  • Universally Derped
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: February 12, 2017, 02:41:26 PM »

Not to worry, we'll be looking into fixing a lot of the research weirdness soon.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Kenji

• Muffalo
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: February 12, 2017, 08:56:26 PM »

I noticed a huge fps drop after some explosion event (Not sure when). The log here is stated as such:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Explosion.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ExplosionManager.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

screenshot: http://imgur.com/i9c2gpU

It appears to be stuck in an infinite loop. I'm thinking it's because I either updated some portion of the game mid play and somehow it ended up with a missing reference. After some googling, it could also be some combat realism related ExplosionManager event thing. Will I have to restart a new game? Or is there a fix somehow?

Edit: a similar issue was opened on github https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/issues/614

Also, Wild Rose, Hypericum, and Mint are edible to colonists somehow, I believe these should be limited as crafting materials. Perhaps make them only edible to animals similar to Hay instead.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:45:51 PM by Kenji »

Iridescent

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: February 12, 2017, 10:06:10 PM »

Not to worry, we'll be looking into fixing a lot of the research weirdness soon.

Yup i have the turbine in the same room as an advanced generator and have vents pushing heat into the room  and the max i can hit is about 110 degrees :\. i need it to be about 200 degrees or so

BlackSmokeDMax

• Planetologist
  • Don't Have To Live Like A...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: February 13, 2017, 01:09:58 AM »

Is there a plan to get some of the A16 features into the game which are now missing?

Thinking of:
Stonecutting Tweaks inclusion
Button for making a copy of currently highlighted item
Think there was one more which I can't remember now, knew I should have made a list, lol!

One other question is the Help system from CCL. Will that be able to be included at some point, or is that going to require waiting for CCL still? I ask because it seems a lot of the other things seem to have been either pulled from CCL or else maybe used one of the newer libraries, Harmony, HugsLib. Just hoping the great and really helpful Help system won't be left behind.

InsKill

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: February 13, 2017, 02:15:05 AM »

Bug in stockpile orders? I have a jerks and raw meat. Make a stockpile 1 for "raw meat" and stockpile 2 for "meals". Colonists says that no empty plases for that jerks and raw meat. Sorry for bad english.

in russian:
Проблема со складами. Есть склады с марками "raw meat" и "meals". Но сырое мясо и готовое валяется на полу и колонисты говорят что некуда складывать.

Разобрался. Надо еще поставить "allow fresh". Вот только это интуитивно непонятно. Может как-то где-то указать?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:30:28 AM by InsKill »
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 457