[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Epson

My abomination event keeps triggering with 100% every time there's a downed life pod. Is there any way for me to turn this off? I can't find the event in any of the files.

Thanks.

Canute

Yes the chances for these are very high but not 100%
I allways keep the pod a few days. When no event triggers i will open it.
But even then you got a good chance  for a terminator, i suggest to isolate these NPC.

sidfu

low order fix your jobs. u have to many people trying to do the same job so u b asiccally telling the game to kill your computer by wasting processing power. under no time should u have tones of people doing same job for example hauling.  u dont want a tone of people hauling cause they will fight for every item then. same with other jobs. u have to staggger the jobs on people so u dont have to many doing same job

ScarabParamit

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS BUG ?

Coconut Milk does not lower hunger. My Pawns just waste their time and starve to death thinking it will help them, while Food indicator just drops.

Also, all of my Pawns developed Mallaria and two of them sleeping sickness at once, maybe 1-1,5 month into the game in tropical area (sickness develops around 45%-50% every time giving me a little time to react)...on Cassandra Normal - isnt that a little harsh, considering i had 4 Pawns and on Classic we have almost no tech to begin with...and 24 medkits? Just saying...aparently Tropical is to hard and limits reasearch and aproach extremaly forcing medicine a must ASAP (little notification on starting are map?).

Canute

Could you check what nutri. got Coconut milk ? Does it even got got nutri. I was spliting the coconuts once too, but stoped to do it again, but i can't remember why.

Yes sickness are very deadly if you arn't prepared.
And let the pawn rest at the right bed is VERY important !
Unlike vanilia, bed made with different leather got different rest and immunity gain factors. You NEED to check this out and made a few beds/medical beds with 120% or better immunity gain factor.
Then you should look at the facilities, you can put extra furnitures next to medical bed's to increase the boni more.
And if you didn't notice similar tools are for normal beds to raise the rest effectivity.

Another tool to let them cure faster is Anestetic, while they sleep they heal faster and gain faster immunity.
Not to speek about mushroom/healroot tincture that act as antibiotica and increase the healing too.

There is a reason why this is called Hardcore.

Slipshodian

Quote from: Canute on March 30, 2017, 10:47:15 AM
Could you check what nutri. got Coconut milk ? Does it even got got nutri. I was spliting the coconuts once too, but stoped to do it again, but i can't remember why.

Quote from: ScarabParamit on March 30, 2017, 10:31:04 AM

Coconut Milk does not lower hunger. My Pawns just waste their time and starve to death thinking it will help them, while Food indicator just drops.

Coconut milk has nutrition, but it's really low (0.05) and pawns can't eat more than one at a time. Basically they spend around the same time eating one after another as they lose their hunger meter. Until it's adjusted (either on your own, or re-worked into being usable for milk recipes or something), i'd avoid it entirely.

ScarabParamit

Yes sickness are very deadly if you arn't prepared...
(...)
...There is a reason why this is called Hardcore.

Because coconut its broken.

Yea...hard to the core...apparently. Its just like those old "crude rough-polished Diamonds game like oldshool times, you either find right toolset from options provided or die xD ...Pssst...Russians like that way ;-) ...maybe Germans to, Gothic was good example.
Thanks for info =P

Quote from: Slipshodian on March 30, 2017, 12:03:00 PM

Quote from: ScarabParamit on March 30, 2017, 10:31:04 AM

Coconut milk has nutrition, but it's really low (0.05) and pawns can't eat more than one at a time. Basically they spend around the same time eating one after another as they lose their hunger meter. Until it's adjusted (either on your own, or re-worked into being usable for milk recipes or something), i'd avoid it entirely.

I know, but Meat Jerky has the same (0.05) and Grilled has 0.07...now test them and see how each fill hunger gauge.
So this info about coconut is clearly broken, and coconut milk useless - and as an option in game redundant.

Slipshodian

check the 0's again, it should be 0.5 and 0.7, since it's out of 1.00 on the hunger bar, those would give 5/7% bar instead of the 50/70 they do. If they only gave 0.05 and 0.07, you'd have to eat 20 jerkies alone to fill the bar.

sidfu

fyi coconut isn't meant be be eaten alone its meant to be used in other meals.

coconut isn't broken its meant to be that way.

it sounds like u on a jungle map. on jungle map u always have to get medic first before u do anything as unlike
other maps malaria is a threat year around. if u in jungle u have not just coconut u also have other fruit trees along with grapes and such.jungle has the most free food of any map but its also the most disease ridden map. i know that for fact as i was the one who redid the fruits and berry to be more reliable

captainradish

What is peat used for? I would imagine it's a kind of fuel, but I haven't been able to figure out what to do with it.

TB13505

Love the modpack, thanks so much for making it!

Here are a bunch of bug reports for the current Github version:

1) I purchased a colonist with photophobic trait from a pirate trader. However, she does not get the proper mood effect (instead, she treats dark and light like every other colonist). Also, her character screen says she is forbiden from hauling, but she is not (her trait is conceptual artist, and she hauls just fine, despite what the character sheet says).

2) Shooting XP is hugely different between snapshot and aimed modes. Shooting a downed scyther with aimed mode and passion gives several hundred xp, in snapshot it only gives a couple of xp (about 1% as much). Shooting neutral animals also gives about 40x as much xp in aimed mode as in snapshot. Maybe xp was rebalanced for one and the other still uses old values.

3) Harvesting raspberry bushes on borreal forest gives strawberries (obviously, should be raspberries, or the bush name should be changed)

4) Rimram wool has market price 6, muffalo wool market price 3, but muffalo wool is mostly better. Certainly, rimram wool is not twice as good.

5) Event frequency for random random is only about 2/3 or less as in vanilla at the beginning of the game, probably because of all the new events (some of which can't fire early) crowding out the vanilla events. I ran multiple tests with randy random setting fast incident mtbs in storyteller def to confirm this, and comparing vanilla and hardcoresk, so this is not misperception.

Of course, the new events are great, but the result is you get much less raids, which makes the game unintentionally easier and also less exciting.

Perhaps upping the incident mtbs appropriately, and also increasing the weight of the bigthreats a bit, to compensate for the new events and to try to get a raid count similar to vanilla?

6) No pawns available for map type errors block many raids. Such errors block even more visitors, and in particular, human resistance constantly gets blocked from this error (perhaps they lack low wealth visitor loadouts). Maybe weighting some of the higher level factions to be lower would help.

This issue also contributes to the relative lack of raids compared to vanilla, and seems to block about 20% of raids at the wealth levels I was testing.

7) Migration event in borreal forest huge map often does not generate any animals. You jump to location after getting event, nothing there, or anywhere else on map. Not sure what is going on--sometimes it works, but almost half the time it doesn't.

8 ) i get this error whenever I load my game:
Hash error duplicate
Hash collision between WallLamp_Blueprint_Install and  LoadoutGen_AmmoTypeI: both have short hash 35983

9) when the colony ship pieces falling to create craters event occurs, I get an error message saying that cave is not defined for my biome (borreal forest)

10) I see this error a lot:
Blue has null dutyDefToSubNode. Recovering by calling ResolveSubnodes() (though that should have been called already).

11) This error everytime, together with a bunch of messages about swapping techs:

ResearchTree :: redundant prerequisites for Compost production the following research: Electronics basics
ResearchTree :: redundant prerequisites for Soil fertillization III the following research: Electronics basics

12) Got a wanderer join, who was only 16 years old but had an adult background, but the adult background was not applied to his stats (he had gene warrior, +7 shooting and melee, but he had only 3s in them, and no traits that would cause them to be reduced to this). At the same time this error occured, which might or might not be related:

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalColonist TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.InitPriorityCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker..ctor (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Fluffy_Tabs.WorldObject_Priorities.WorkgiverTracker (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Fluffy_Tabs.Widgets.Priorities (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Fluffy_Tabs.Detours_WorkSettings+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<_CacheWorkGiversInOrder>b__1 (RimWorld.WorkGiver wg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[RimWorld.WorkGiver].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[WorkGiver] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Fluffy_Tabs.Detours_WorkSettings._CacheWorkGiversInOrder () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings.get_WorkGiversInOrderEmergency () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RimWorld.JobGiver_Work.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Combat_Realism.Detours_ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Peina did not have work settings initialized.

13) i get occasional yellow error messages about obediance/release/rescue/haul UI being missing when loading games, usually when I recently trained an animal. Not that often, and the UI does look like it is there.

14) In game DPS estimates show as the same for alpha muffalo and normal muffalo. I think alpha should be higher.

15) one great thing about the mod is all the cool new crafting options. But the problem is, most of the really interesting stats (effects on learning rate, work speed, success chance, combat speed, etc) do not show up when you click the information button when viewing the item in the crafting bill list--you can instead only see the armor and insulation type info. This is unfortunate, and if possible it would be nice to be able to get the full stats from bill selection.

Canute

Quote from: captainradish on March 30, 2017, 11:00:25 PM
What is peat used for? I would imagine it's a kind of fuel, but I haven't been able to figure out what to do with it.
Most generator/table which use coal can use peat too.
Most of my power generators was using peat at the early/mid game since it is a renewable resource my hauler-bot can get.
And coal allways was needed to smelt steel.

sidfu

@tb13505

1.sometimes generated peoples traits be off.
2. snaped is a quick shot thats faster than aimed shot thats why
3.he reason is thats something thats part of stock game we not able to change from what i know.
4.wool i think might be balanced more of whats more common than their stats. we havent did a blance pass yet recently
5. we dont do anything for the stock game storytellers.
6. this is due to the wealth systsem getting thrown off by the mod pack there is nothing we can realy do about it. it does pick back up at around the 1-2 yaer mark depending on playstyle.if it gets on your nerves that much use the added story tellers they more balanced toward the mod pack.
7.migation works fine thejump to event dont always jump to them and also sometimes they exit off the map right whre they standing
8.error is known just hasnt been fixed yet.
9.i havent gotten that error yet
10.error is known just hasnt been fixed and c urrently does no harm
11. i dont have that error make sure u installed right and if u useing any other mods make sure they not overwriting anything from mod pack.
12. sounds to me like a poorly generated pawn
13.update to newest fluffys animal tab. in fact all but for research can be updated to newest fluffy mods thru workshop
14.-----
15. cant be done. stats are decided by item quality+materal stats+items base stats. there no way and also game doesnt have it we can show all the poosible combinations

captainradish

Quote from: Canute on March 31, 2017, 02:13:47 AM
Quote from: captainradish on March 30, 2017, 11:00:25 PM
Most generator/table which use coal can use peat too.
Most of my power generators was using peat at the early/mid game since it is a renewable resource my hauler-bot can get.
And coal allways was needed to smelt steel.

Ok, so it more-or-less is considered a coal substitute? It should probably be allowed as a campfire fuel as well. My dad likes to tell the story of how he and my uncle accidentally set a peat moss patch on fire camping in Minnesota once. Apparently peat burns quite well.

TB13505

Sidfu: I have the mod installed correctly, with no other mods, and all the errors like the tech redundant prereq and the "no cave defined" error when ship pods drop in borreal forest have happened repeatedly. Clean fresh installation.

Some specific responses:

Shooting XP bug: no, you misunderstand. Aimed mode gives over 100x the XP of snapshot mode when shooting a downed mechanoid, probably because snapshot xp has been fixed to not allow the exploit of training with downed mechanoids, and aimed mode was never fixed. It also gives around 40x the xp for neutral animals.

There is absolutely no way 40-100x xp difference is intentional. Snapshot does not fire 40-100 shots per aimed shot. ;)

Photophobia trait bug: the issue is the trait isn't taking effect, even though she has it. Something is probably bugged in the photophobia trait.

Berry misnaming: no, I don't think it is a vanilla issue. I think in vanilla they are just called "berries". HardcoreSK seems to have them renamed to "strawberries" to fit the strawberry plant, without realizing that it made the raspberry bush give strawberries, which makes no sense.

Restoring the name to general "berries" would fix the bug.

Rimram wool twice price of muffalo wool: well, rimrams produce much more wool than muffalo, so their wool is much more easily obtainable. Really, rimrams wooll twice the price of muffalo wool doesn't make sense based on rarity or stats.

Migration: if the animals sometimes exit immediately, then that should be fixed if possible, because it is the same as the event not happening at all.

No pawn defined: I think the issue is certain factions (like human resistance) don't have loadouts for the low wealth levels. Especially in the case of human resistance, which starts off with 100 relationship to player, they are going to be a lot of attempted visits that get blocked.

Raid frequency: The issue is, that by not changing the vanilla storyteller numbers, but adding bunches of new events that crowd out the old, HardcoreSK HAS modified the vanilla storytellers, to make raids less frequent. Essentially, HardcoreSK has turned vanilla storytellers into easy mod, which doesn't fit the theme at all.

There is a post just on the previous page here complaining of a lack of raids. This is a pretty serious problem, especially since players are never warned that using vanilla storytellers will lead to 50% of the raids they are used to.

No caves defined error, boreal forest on spaceship pods drop event: seen this error many times. Definitely a bug, just not sure what it causes beyond the error.

Redundant tech tree errors: no, this isn't a problem win my install. A quick Google search shows other people's logs getting the error with HardcoreSK as well: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/82f1a0c05e025cd63b71cfd1c95aa314

Not displaying crafting stats: No, the insulation/armor stats are strongly affected by material, and they ARE displayed in the bills tab info screen, just with their base amounts.

We are discussing the missing 3rd block of stats, like item influence on global learning rate, animal training chance, etc, these are NOT affected by material, and yet they aren't displayed in crafting bills info. They also are not affected by quality. So what you are saying provides no reason not to show that 3rd block of item stats at all. ;)

I won't be around for the weekend so won't be able to discuss further, so I hope I've provided enough info to identify all the bugs I listed. I really love this mod, thanks for all the work!