[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Canute

Looks like you missed the part at point 3.
Goto config and delete anything then copy the modconfig.xml
:-)

MightyGooga

Hey Guys! Dont forget to join us at the discord channel! The adress is in the first page. Tons of people discussing the game, answering questions on the go, showing their base creations and wondering why so much death and destruction. Join Us: <link>https://discord.gg/FMPRSKr</link>

Thangunis

I am really interested in this compilation. Is there a summary of the changes anywhere? Not by the numbers, but the general idea and gameplay?

Canute

At the github page you could read one of the Hardcore SK Guide_EN.pdf
That should give you a little overview.
And i am sure you find some playthoughs at youtube.

Thangunis

Ok I downloaded it. Its basically all the separate mods in one library? They aren't all in one file right? So I could run some mods that aren't included (I.e. avoid friendly fire, efficient light, feed the colonists etc.) along with it?

Thangunis

Well it seems to crash when I try to play.... some texture seem to be missing.

Canute

First at all, follow the install instruction, and don't forget to delete the config folder. Don't install/activate it like a regular mod.

You can disable some of the mod of the pack, but you should be careful to add mod's at your own.
These modpack is heavy modified not every mod fit in.
I suggest just to play with it like it is.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Thangunis on March 19, 2018, 03:01:20 PM
Ok I downloaded it. Its basically all the separate mods in one library? They aren't all in one file right? So I could run some mods that aren't included (I.e. avoid friendly fire, efficient light, feed the colonists etc.) along with it?

As Canute mentioned, adding or taking away some of these can lead to trouble if you aren't sure what you are doing. There are usually a few that are absolutely required. For instance: CoreSK, Core (the vanilla and the changes from this mod), and Combat Extended I am sure are among those that are absolutely required. Skyarkhangel has posted in the past which are absolutely required for the particular version, not sure if that question has been asked for the current B18 work in progress. You should be able to look back through this thread for info on which were required for older versions of HcSK.

I have had luck adding some mods in the past with no problems, but those for the most part do not add or change content at all. There were more along the line of changing UI elements and similar changes to that.

I should note my comments are in regards to the version for A17 and earlier, I have not played any HcSK with the current B18 build. I expect little has changed in relation to my comments though.

Kirron 999

Question, I've just downloaded the mod pack and followed the instructions while doing so. But I'm getting two recurring errors on startup and one on map generation which means I can't play. They are as following: Startup:
ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly Compatibility_AlienRaces: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly Compatibility_CombatExtended: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

Which seems to be a compatibility error, mostly on AlienRaces side, and a bunch of stuff from the PlanBase mod trying to draw from a different thread.

When I try to generate a new world and game: There was an exception thrown by the PawnGenerator during generating a starting pawn. Trying one more time...
Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for AlienRace.HarmonyPatches ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Can anyone understand what's going wrong there?

Canute

I don't see a "planbase" mod at the modpack, do you trying to add some other mod to the modpack ?
Bad idea, i can work but it don't need to work.
Just try out the plain modpack if anything is working.

Kirron 999

Quote from: Canute on March 22, 2018, 04:22:37 AM
I don't see a "planbase" mod at the modpack, do you trying to add some other mod to the modpack ?
Bad idea, i can work but it don't need to work.
Just try out the plain modpack if anything is working.
That is the plain modpack, more specifically, it's the More Planning mod that comes in the modpack, it's just called something different in the console

Canute

Ahhh ok, yep i see the mod.
But when you installed the mod like it should be done, and you didn't forget to delete the config folder.
And still get these error's i have no idea.
You can try to ask the mod-dev straight at their discord-channel. They rarely visit/answer here.

Azzarrel

Just a quick question: where can i find the new textures for the mechanoids (scyther etc)?
I preferred the look of the old ones.

edit: since I am still last reply: any Idea why/how this breaks many Features of Facial Stuff?

there is yet another bug: In my new colony I the materials for building are quite weird. I can't build my butcher table from stone, but i can build it from coal. It worked with slightly different additional mods in my previous colony and there are no errors in my console.

Griffith

Once my pawns start making Robot Parts, half way through the bar that indicates their progress on it disappears and even though they look like they're making them, they never produce any results. No matter how long I leave them there. Can anyone else confirm? Ive been manually spawning 25 parts and deleting the required resources.

Azzarrel

Can confirm. Had a pawn constructing. Most of the time nothing happens. One time the work left even went up instead of down.