[A14] Skullywags Defensive mods - Shields, Fortifications, Armour, BlastCharges

Started by skullywag, June 28, 2015, 01:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

skullywag

Lol comes into my thread asks me to build it, then builds it himself...the cheek ;)

Im happy to be your dev duck :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

eatKenny

Quote from: skullywag on July 02, 2015, 03:24:12 AM
Lol comes into my thread asks me to build it, then builds it himself...the cheek ;)

Im happy to be your dev duck :)

sry about that i just want it too badly, but make it as a turret is actully the easist way. i give you the credit. ;D

AllenWL

Ok, do the materials of the shields effect the block chance? To test, I had a guy with a wooden shield and melee level 6 get shot until he collapsed, and the shield didn't block a single shot.

Edit: Ok, I tested some more, and a brawler level 20 with a steel shield managed to block two shots before being incapacitated. Shields seem rather... weak.

So I was wondering, would it be hard to make a system like this?:
A shield, when 'blocking' defends a user from all damage to the torso, neck, and arms, but not to the legs or head. The shield is 'lowered' from it's 'blocking' when attacking, and when a certain amount of damage is giving within a certain period of time, the 'guard' is 'broken' and the pawn is unable to block for a short time. Shields take damage from each attack it blocks.

On a side note, thinking about the talk about smart mines, won't it be cool to have suicide drones that you can draft then send towards enemies, walls, animals, etc and have blow up?

skullywag

I have got some refactorimg for the shields. They were never a finished system i needed feedback to improve them, so i definitley want to add a "if pawn is attacking" lower the chance of damage absorb happening. Tye material right now is purely the hitpoints of the shield. Block chance if you look back in the thread is based on random chance and the melee skill. Check the alorithm on my github i linked, if you can make sense of it please feed back changes you think should happen. If not put down in a logical fashion what you want it to do and what pawn stats etc it should use at what points ill see if i can come up with code that fits. :)

kaptain_kavern

Very small [Suggestion] :
Does embrasures shouldn't let light pass through?

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

skullywag

Yeah ive fixed this. Tynan added a check for duplicate key bindings. Ill update all my mods asap. Shouldnt be too long.

skullywag

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

skullywag

yep fraid so, you may also have to delete your keyprefs file from your appdata ludeon folder.

think its only embrasures and defence shields that you need as it was only buildings that were affected.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: skullywag on July 05, 2015, 04:35:15 AM
yep fraid so, you may also have to delete your keyprefs file from your appdata ludeon folder.

think its only embrasures and defence shields that you need as it was only buildings that were affected.
Can you send me a link to your other mod with the craftable meds. i miss clicked and deleted that as well :/ and it was lost in the sea of mods

skullywag

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.msg148157#msg148157 ;)

Best to just open my profile click "find posts" then change it to "topics", tada all my threads! or just hit my github, all my mod releases are there.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Mechanoid Hivemind

Hey quick OCD moment i noticed that the mk2 amour has less value in prepare carefully and i play by the points. So could you look into it cause thats driving me nuts. The mk1 helm is 2500 mk2 helm is 2000. The mk1 chest piece is like 6000 and the mk2 is 4000

EDIT:
There is this issue, i hit esc and everything freezes nothing works at all. i can pause the game but it dont help even un pausing it keeps it all frozen my overview is broken too. only way to fix it is by pressing over view and haveing the game un paused