[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exe19

Can't wait for bionic organs that perform 20 percent better than natural ones.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Exe19 on August 24, 2016, 08:39:00 AM
Can't wait for bionic organs that perform 20 percent better than natural ones.

is this APOE or are you just happy to see me ?

--- EDIT ---

And of course you know which drug you have to create for A15 now
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

123nick

does the new mod, the birds and the bees allow for human reproducing and baby making?

lukasix2273

Why does the Work Tab in advanced (DF) mode not display Manage from your Colony Manager? In your video I clearly see 'Mana' which I assume stands for Manage, yet I don't have it. It appears just fine in the normal view. I tried different mod orders, new save, etc

123nick

Quote from: lukasix2273 on August 24, 2016, 09:46:48 AM
Why does the Work Tab in advanced (DF) mode not display Manage from your Colony Manager? In your video I clearly see 'Mana' which I assume stands for Manage, yet I don't have it. It appears just fine in the normal view. I tried different mod orders, new save, etc

do you have a large amount of mods? maybe there is not enough space on the screen to show it, and it is being cut off? also, can you tell me how much the advanced mode helps, regarding to the efficiency and etc of the colony? i sorta want to use it, so i can have the colony run smoother, but i'm afraid it will be complicated and etc.

biship

Work tab keeps defaulting to check boxes (not numbers), on game load.
Animal Tab is missing the icon & ability to set pet to follow on tame.
Good work on the new Birds and Bees mod - it looks amazing.

lukasix2273

Quote from: 123nick on August 24, 2016, 09:54:30 AM

do you have a large amount of mods? maybe there is not enough space on the screen to show it, and it is being cut off? also, can you tell me how much the advanced mode helps, regarding to the efficiency and etc of the colony? i sorta want to use it, so i can have the colony run smoother, but i'm afraid it will be complicated and etc.

Well, what do you know, you're right. EPOE + Miscellaneous (Haplo) are enough to max out the advanced tab. I didn't even think of that, cause Fluffy added a scroll-bar at the bottom, I figured if that's there, surely there's no limit. Strange that just 2 mods are enough to max out the limit.

As for your question, I personally find it extremely useful. But I really hate microing late game.
1. Mid-Late you might want a couple doctors, chances are one of them will be less skilled than the other(s). You can restrict him to do no surgeries.
2. For cooking, you can tell them to always butcher first then cook
3. For construction, you can set one colonist to do the construction itself and another guy to bring resources for it (note that bringing resources for building is a function of construction, and not hauling (easily confused). so the colonist that usually does your hauling doesn't actually bring resources for building. you can change that using the advanced tab. it's useful because you probably have a useless stats colonist who is only good for hauling, so you can set normal hauling priority 2 and building resources hauling priority 1 (arbitrary numbers).
4. And for regular hauling of stuff, it's useful as well. there is https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18377.0 that you can use for haul priority, but it's still micro work to do it. with advanced tab, you can automatically prioritize some crucial hauling tasks, like stripping corpses, hauling corpses, rearming traps, etc

it also has compatibility with many mods (like Misc + EPOE), so if you are creative you can really reduce the amount of micro needed by a lot. if that matters to you then sure learn to use it!

for me the most useful feature and it's not exclusive to the advanced tab is the time management/schedule stuff, I use it a lot, e.g. set hauling + cleaning to highest priority, but only let it happen for 1-2 hours a day. it almost feels like cheating :P also for the colony manager.. it's currently a bit bugged / not efficient, the colonist who is set to be the manager, goes to the manager bench WAY too much, you can actually fix this by restricting managing time schedule to 1-2 hours a day as well.

also, an unrelated bug i noticed, the favorites saving/loading doesn't work in normal tab view. but I'm pretty sure fluffy is aware of this already.

Adventurer

Is there anything I can do about the Managing skill being cut off on the character interface?

123nick

Quote from: lukasix2273 on August 24, 2016, 10:34:51 AM
Quote from: 123nick on August 24, 2016, 09:54:30 AM

Well, what do you know, you're right. EPOE + Miscellaneous (Haplo) are enough to max out the advanced tab. I didn't even think of that, cause Fluffy added a scroll-bar at the bottom, I figured if that's there, surely there's no limit. Strange that just 2 mods are enough to max out the limit.

As for your question, I personally find it extremely useful. But I really hate microing late game.
1. Mid-Late you might want a couple doctors, chances are one of them will be less skilled than the other(s). You can restrict him to do no surgeries.
2. For cooking, you can tell them to always butcher first then cook
3. For construction, you can set one colonist to do the construction itself and another guy to bring resources for it (note that bringing resources for building is a function of construction, and not hauling (easily confused). so the colonist that usually does your hauling doesn't actually bring resources for building. you can change that using the advanced tab. it's useful because you probably have a useless stats colonist who is only good for hauling, so you can set normal hauling priority 2 and building resources hauling priority 1 (arbitrary numbers).
4. And for regular hauling of stuff, it's useful as well. there is https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18377.0 that you can use for haul priority, but it's still micro work to do it. with advanced tab, you can automatically prioritize some crucial hauling tasks, like stripping corpses, hauling corpses, rearming traps, etc

it also has compatibility with many mods (like Misc + EPOE), so if you are creative you can really reduce the amount of micro needed by a lot. if that matters to you then sure learn to use it!

for me the most useful feature and it's not exclusive to the advanced tab is the time management/schedule stuff, I use it a lot, e.g. set hauling + cleaning to highest priority, but only let it happen for 1-2 hours a day. it almost feels like cheating :P also for the colony manager.. it's currently a bit bugged / not efficient, the colonist who is set to be the manager, goes to the manager bench WAY too much, you can actually fix this by restricting managing time schedule to 1-2 hours a day as well.

also, an unrelated bug i noticed, the favorites saving/loading doesn't work in normal tab view. but I'm pretty sure fluffy is aware of this already.

thank you very much! ill try and set something like that up for my next colony :)

123nick

Quote from: Adventurer on August 24, 2016, 10:41:14 AM
Is there anything I can do about the Managing skill being cut off on the character interface?

not yet, i mean, fluffy would likely have to do something to fix it. if there is a scrollbar u might be able to use that?

kaptain_kavern

Grogfeld

Quote from: Adventurer on August 24, 2016, 10:41:14 AM
change resolution

Kiroberos

Okay, tried your new The Birds & The Bees mod.  Error during injection on starting the game up, however, at the main menu before I even load a save.  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Here's the log and mod config.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs5e3lykoacxl3c/output_log.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq8atmq9h76p662/ModsConfig.xml?dl=0

SpaceDorf

In my game the birds are flying and the bees are humming.
Happy Dorfs Pawns all around.

--- EDIT ---
first time I saw x2 on the mood :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Deimos Rast

Doesn't work for me; or at least is causing conflicts with the minimap. Don't have a log at the moment.
#StopPluginAbuse