Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

skullywag

Doable. It might be the broken adding animals to biomes in core has been fixed. I havent had a chance to check.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

jecrell

Wow... just wow. This stuff looks beautiful. Great work man.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: skullywag on September 20, 2016, 11:50:22 AM
Doable. It might be the broken adding animals to biomes in core has been fixed. I havent had a chance to check.
All right. :)

mew_the_pinkmin

NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

Mr.Cross

*le sigh*

Mew, we are all want a download, However since 101101 (or however his binary name is oriented) is on his vacation, Skullywag won't be able to produce anything for A15 unless he finds a workaround. As such we are stuck with unimaginable bubbling anticipation.
Claims to know most things.

A Friend

The hype train never ends.

Wildpods for Boreal Forests

Giant mushroom cyclops that's highly resistant to bullets but dies "quickly" to fire damage. Get flamethrower mods while they're hot.

After months of procrastination and getting sidetracked by various video games, I finally finished this thing. While we're all still waiting for the release, I'm gonna try and continue the redo of the insectoid appearances and then rework the looks of some few batch 1 animals that I'm not too fond of.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

skullywag

Still on this...havent forgot...CCL...other stuff...will get to it...promise.

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: A Friend on September 24, 2016, 09:27:55 AM

-snip-
Giant mushroom cyclops that's highly resistant to bullets but dies "quickly" to fire damage. Get flamethrower mods while they're hot.

After months of procrastination and getting sidetracked by various video games, I finally finished this thing. While we're all still waiting for the release, I'm gonna try and continue the redo of the insectoid appearances and then rework the looks of some few batch 1 animals that I'm not too fond of.
ERMAHGERD! :O
Fantastic!

Quote from: skullywag on September 24, 2016, 10:46:11 AM
Good. Good.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: skullywag on September 24, 2016, 10:46:11 AM
Nearly 2month now since I (and others) have proposed to help buddy. I'm still there (you know me : anything to help friends :p )

For what purpose did this mod needs CCL to add animals ? I can add animals, plants and mod biomes without. Did it planned to have custom behaviours for animals ?

Quote from: A Friend on September 24, 2016, 09:27:55 AM

Awesome works buddy, as always

skullywag

This DID require CCL it doesnt anymore, the fix thats in CCL is now in core A15, you didnt used to be able to add custom animals plants or diseases to biomes via the things themselves. I fixed this in CCL and passed the code to ISON who fixed it in core.

By CCL above i meant getting it up to date, its isnt needed for this mod......yet.

Once CCL is out and I find some time ill get a version on github people can contribute to.

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Master Bucketsmith

A combination of A and B. I'd like to see it limbless, but with a wee bit more detail.

gillsminnow

Beauty is simplicity. Love the first two designs so a combo, like Master Bucketsmith said would be ideal.

Mr.Cross

A. All the way. If consessions need made, Make it model A but legless. That head and body is way to good to pass up
Claims to know most things.

kebab4you

Quote from: A Friend on September 25, 2016, 12:39:20 AM
Megaspider poll - http://www.strawpoll.me/11297433

[SNIP]

A looks so much better than B and C. Although I would prefer it without legs, looks weird for Rimworld creatures.