[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 07, 2016, 10:39:32 AM
Seem to be getting some strange things, that of course I didn't notice before my colony was well under way, grrr.

-No way to designate a cleaning area. It's not in the normal zone area of the architect menu. Without that working, my pawns are unable to clean anywhere.
-Can't get anyone to load ammo (specifically my loadout is Short Bow w/ Stone Arrows)
Hopefully that is it, haven't come across anything else yet.

I definitely started with no modsconfig file, then copied all the mods in, copied the modsconfig file to the correct location. Then started to game, went into the mods via the menu. Then exited that, then exited the game. Then re-started the game and finally created a new world, then created a random new colony just to test that everything loaded up without error-ing out. From that random start (just clicked a spot and started the game without checking any stats on location or pawns) I decided I liked what I saw, so just started playing.

LOL, didn't even know about running out of ammo until after my first two guns went dry!

I'd appreciate any advice or tips to get this figured out.

The cleaning area should be there (do you see the buttons from my attached image?)... unless the NoCleaningPlease mod isn't loaded. Try changing its position in the list (though it shouldn't change anything) - make it the last one loaded.

Regarding the ammo, you need to craft it and assign it to a loadout, just like you did (for the other types of ammo you need a special new table like in the attached picture; the mortars' ammo is still done at the machining table). Also, make sure that the "bulk" requirements for the loadout are not too high, or the colonists won't be able to pick up those items (or get them backpacks and vests so they can carry more). Another idea: make sure you're not crafting steel arrows while having stone ones in the loadout! Hope this helps.

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 07, 2016, 12:00:05 PM
As long as there is a new version, guess I'll just forget that last game and start a new one.

The changes shouldn't really affect anything that you were experiencing  :(

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

BlackSmokeDMax

Newer version installed.

So far, so good, my cleaning problem is gone, and I'm seeing reload buttons now along with magazine size, single shot, etc., didn't even realize those were missing the last time. I've seen them before with the Hardcore SK, but hadn't realized I should be seeing them now. Find out the real verdict once I start making some ammo and loadouts for arming my pawns.

Must have been something not working or installed incorrectly. The cleaning thing seemed to be partially installed as I couldn't clean anywhere, and the buttons were not there to define the area.

For the ammo, I had 50 arrows in a stockpile, and had the loadout at both 10 and 30, neither worked, and neither showed a very high bulk rate.

Of course, as I said, I'm on the newer build now, and so far, so good!

Thanks for your efforts, both putting the pack together and the help!

crusader2010

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 07, 2016, 12:40:46 PM
Newer version installed.

So far, so good, my cleaning problem is gone, and I'm seeing reload buttons now along with magazine size, single shot, etc., didn't even realize those were missing the last time. I've seen them before with the Hardcore SK, but hadn't realized I should be seeing them now. Find out the real verdict once I start making some ammo and loadouts for arming my pawns.

Must have been something not working or installed incorrectly. The cleaning thing seemed to be partially installed as I couldn't clean anywhere, and the buttons were not there to define the area.

For the ammo, I had 50 arrows in a stockpile, and had the loadout at both 10 and 30, neither worked, and neither showed a very high bulk rate.

Of course, as I said, I'm on the newer build now, and so far, so good!

Thanks for your efforts, both putting the pack together and the help!

Sometimes I get the same issue - the reload buttons not appearing (and probably other errors that I'm not noticing). This happens very randomly, sometimes after adding a new mod to play with (which shouldn't affect anything major), or after opening the game after a computer restart.

I'm suspecting it's a saved-game issue (upon loading), because if I ALT+F4 the game and reload the save, it starts working fine again. Can't really say what's wrong, but a "forced" reload usually fixes the issues.

PS: I've just tested the mod pack from scratch (new folders and everything), and it even successfully loaded the saved game that I was playing. A new world/colony was also working fine.

Sorry I could not help more and glad you like the pack!

silentwolf123

Quote from: Adalah217 on May 07, 2016, 07:28:24 AM
I seem to be getting a weird error with just this pack installed on a fresh install.

http://i.imgur.com/RhxM4v8.png

After this long, repeated error message, the mod pack seems to load fine. However, it seems to have a problem when I try to bring in other mods which "should" be compatible. Any thoughts?

I am getting the exact same error message after fresh instal everything. No extra mods, all mods in the exact order you told us to put them in :P

crusader2010

Updated the main thread with a new pack version which only changes the HighCaliber mod to the latest version (1.13c), which includes the compatibility patch for CombatRealism 1.6.4.

In order not to download the whole pack again, you can get only the changed mod here: LINK.  To install, simply delete both HighCaliber folder from your \Rimworld\Mods folder, and extract the archive from the thread at the previous link. The saved games should be compatible (you will get a warning message when you load them, but simply press "OK" and play on).

Quote from: silentwolf123 on May 07, 2016, 01:17:22 PM
Quote from: Adalah217 on May 07, 2016, 07:28:24 AM
I seem to be getting a weird error with just this pack installed on a fresh install.

http://i.imgur.com/RhxM4v8.png

After this long, repeated error message, the mod pack seems to load fine. However, it seems to have a problem when I try to bring in other mods which "should" be compatible. Any thoughts?

I am getting the exact same error message after fresh instal everything. No extra mods, all mods in the exact order you told us to put them in :P

Are you running the game in developer mode (with god mode on?)? Try playing with developer mode deactivated (see the Options menu). If you still get the errors, exit the game(ALT+F4) and enter it again (repeat 2-3 times); open the mods menu, close it, quit the game, open it again. If this doesn't work, simply ignore those errors and play on  ;D Probably some mods still have minor incompatibilities with A13.

knainoa

Hello! I love your modpack. I chose to manually add Miscellaneous, Ts Mods, and Rimsenal. Of course it's not fully compatible, so I thought I would ask the creator if it would be possible to add these mods in some form or fashion. I know Rimsenal doesn't have a Combat Realism patch, but still.

crusader2010

Quote from: knainoa on May 07, 2016, 03:02:52 PM
Hello! I love your modpack. I chose to manually add Miscellaneous, Ts Mods, and Rimsenal. Of course it's not fully compatible, so I thought I would ask the creator if it would be possible to add these mods in some form or fashion. I know Rimsenal doesn't have a Combat Realism patch, but still.

Hi! I'm considering some mods from Miscellaneous, but will need to test them first. Rimsenal is already present and you can enable it (but what it adds might be too overpowered because of CombatRealism, or you might have some errors - I can't say for sure because I didn't enable it yet in my tests). About T's mods, I'm considering CoreCropTweaks; other mods could have incompatibilities with some from the pack (e.g. MoreFloors with FastFloors, ExpandedCloth with Extended Fabrics, ExpandedCrops with BulkMeals, etc).

All in all, I want to test these mods before adding them here, and that requires quite a bit of time (and there are so many to consider!) - some features might not interact properly with each other. My general focus with this pack is balance, so I'm not going to add anything that pushes the game (at least in my opinion) towards either of the extremes (too easy/too hard).

But, if everything is working fine for you, add/enable whatever mods you like and enjoy the game!  8)

silentwolf123

Ever thought of adding prepare carefully?

crusader2010

Quote from: silentwolf123 on May 07, 2016, 03:36:23 PM
Ever thought of adding prepare carefully?

Yep, and decided not to. To me it makes the start much easier than it should be (by providing the option to choose colonist traits, apparel etc, players will most likely overdo it to the point of having no challenge at the start).

delraith

Thank you for putting this together! :)

Igabod

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 07, 2016, 03:31:48 PM

Hi! I'm considering some mods from Miscellaneous, but will need to test them first. Rimsenal is already present and you can enable it (but what it adds might be too overpowered because of CombatRealism, or you might have some errors - I can't say for sure because I didn't enable it yet in my tests). About T's mods, I'm considering CoreCropTweaks; other mods could have incompatibilities with some from the pack (e.g. MoreFloors with FastFloors, ExpandedCloth with Extended Fabrics, ExpandedCrops with BulkMeals, etc).

All in all, I want to test these mods before adding them here, and that requires quite a bit of time (and there are so many to consider!) - some features might not interact properly with each other. My general focus with this pack is balance, so I'm not going to add anything that pushes the game (at least in my opinion) towards either of the extremes (too easy/too hard).

But, if everything is working fine for you, add/enable whatever mods you like and enjoy the game!  8)

There are some incompatibilities with more floors and fast floors but it's easy to fix since fast floors only adds one line to each floor type. T may even make a compat patch for more floors once he notices I am back and updated fast floors again. As far as bulk meals goes, it shouldn't have any problems with ExpandedCrops as far as I know. If it does please let me know and I'll try to resolve those issues.

Justas love

Please add westernization. Holy crap i've been waiting for the west to come!!!!

hoochy

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 07, 2016, 03:31:48 PM

Pretty sure Plant24h doesn't work with t's mods that deal with crops, at least when I tested it. Which is annoying because I really like plant24h mod but it pretty much limits what garden based mods you can use.

Anvil_Pants

crusader2010

Quote from: Anvil_Pants on May 08, 2016, 07:58:34 AM
RedistHeat (the duct-work mod) got some A13 attention.

https://github.com/urty5656/RimWorld-RedistHeat/pull/16
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11056.msg215522#msg215522

There's a first pass at Haul Priority, which will need an XML merge for Vein Miner and the like.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18377.msg201539#msg201539
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18377.msg208486#msg208486

Thanks. I'll look into it, especially the redist heat mod. Need to test if there is any conflict with the vents-related mods from the pack. For the hauling mod, i'll wait for a compatible version released by the author to include it in the pack (so that it works with vein miner). I don't want to take credit for modifying the mods to create a new one, as long as the authors are still active and can provide compatibility patches :)