[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Wood Economy (v.0.94.1)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 26, 2014, 04:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkWinters

Would it be possible to add a brazier or sconce that would use wood as fuel to stay lit?  It could provide light (not as effective as a regular light) and a status booster (because everyone loves wood burning things.)  Plus it would work well with a castle theme. 
I fully support the wholesale slaughter of everyone, everywhere, by everyone else. 
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

letharion

Quote from: HawkWinters on March 13, 2014, 06:09:41 PM
Would it be possible to add a brazier or sconce that would use wood as fuel to stay lit?  It could provide light (not as effective as a regular light) and a status booster (because everyone loves wood burning things.)  Plus it would work well with a castle theme.

Awesome! Idea! Light without electricty; there's to little low tech among the mods curretly.

ItchyFlea

Anything that uses wood for fuel can't be added until Alpha 3 comes out, because there is no way (that I know of) to make things use fuel via XML.
So far, what I want to add when Alpha 3 comes out are:
  • Wood Stove
  • Brazier
  • Tree Saplings
  • Fence Gate & Wood Door
Of course, all of those depend on whether or not I can learn to code C# in time.  :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ItchyFlea on March 14, 2014, 09:30:28 PM
  • Brazier
Oh god, I thought you said brassiere. Don't mind me and my dirty mind.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ItchyFlea

Well, I think it's safe to say I'm not going to learn C# in time. Anybody willing to do some free C# coding work when Alpha 3 is released?

The Fence Gate and Wood Door are technically already covered by the addition of simple doors on Feb 25th, as noted in the RimWorld changelog
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

letharion

Quote from: ItchyFlea on March 17, 2014, 12:17:55 AMAnybody willing to do some free C# coding work when Alpha 3 is released?

I'm definitely willing to do some free work to benefit this awesome game and mod, however, time is short, and my C# is a bit rusty. Let's take a look at it when the alpha comes out, and we'll see what happens. :)

xiuhte1

people how i can make the trees to spread and grow faster? because im playing with other mods that actually make basic defences and tecnology for later game  8) so i was hoping use the wood as primary source of defence but given the low rate of trees and grow speed the colony dies in day 15 or 23  :'( (i'm playing on the hardest of the hardest xD) so what i need to change in the trees xml ??

ItchyFlea

You could always buy wood from traders while waiting for trees to grow and spread.

I strongly advise against modifying the mod files. But, if you feel you need to, open up the trees.xml file and increase the value of these fields to achieve what you're after:

<wildCommonality> - Affects how many trees are present when you start a new world.
<growthPer20kTicks> - Affects how quickly the trees grow.
<seedEmitAveragePer20kTicks> - Affects how quickly trees spread.

xiuhte1

thx i just gona change the amount of trees in the begining because in all new map only get few trees 8 or 10 13max in a oasis  :P

Zack_Wester

Do we have an ETA on when this is Alpha 3 ready or is it already?

OmegaConstruct

A3 version should be coming soon. I've been helping test it, and I believe it is one or two tweaks away from release. I can't wait for the final A3 version either! :)

ItchyFlea

Should be up in a few hours. Just doing some checking to make sure all is well before release.

ItchyFlea

v0.94 has been released. This updates the mod to work with Alpha 3, and includes several new features.
Check the changelog to see a breakdown of these new features.

I have also included a mini-mod that adds some compatibility with BetterPower+, so that the Coal resource added can be used to fuel the Brazier and Wood Stove.

Note about the Brazier: It has an interaction square (the yellow O) so that the colonists can fill it with firewood. You can rotate it with the Q and E keys. It's currently using a placeholder texture, so won't look too good when rotated I'm afraid.

ble210

ItchyFlea

Updated to 0.94.1. The mod now works with Alpha 3F.  :)
Also updated the BetterPower+ Compatibility patch.