[1.0] Faction Discovery (updated 28.10.2018)

Started by Orion, August 29, 2016, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdalt40

Lol I just figured out the issue with the crashing.... It wasn't your mod at all! It was P-Musics causing it to crash with out of memory problems, sure your mod may have pushed it over the edge by adding more memory (somehow...), but multiple players have reported that P-Music (the mod I have) causes crashes and Memory problems... Sorry about the whole deal!

Orion

Oh, interesting! Thanks for letting me know!
Then I can focus on the problems this mod is actually causing ;)

Jdalt40

Quote from: Orion on October 01, 2016, 01:12:40 PM
Then I can focus on the problems this mod is actually causing ;)
Yeah, sorry about that, the memory increase was only from this mod, not the crashing :/

LustrousWolf

Any chance of a compatibility patch with RimSenal please?? :D

Orion

RimSenal is huge! I wouldn't even know where to start...

LustrousWolf

youngmuncher

I love the mod but is there anyway to reduce the amount of "Vanilla" and Hippies factions being found. None of my other Faction Mods are ever being found and I've been play with this for maybe 10 hours. Thanks

chch88

1. Is it possible to edit your mod (change some def maybe) not to add hippie faction?
2. Does faction discovery events infinite?
3. I want to use your mod to discover some faction i added via mod, can i turn this mod off without breaking save after this faction discovered?

jmababa

Is this conflict with medival mod it already has medival war band as faction added by it

Orion

Quote from: jmababa on October 18, 2016, 07:24:38 AM
Is this conflict with medival mod it already has medival war band as faction added by it
I don't get it...

Quote from: chch88 on October 18, 2016, 05:36:44 AM
1. Is it possible to edit your mod (change some def maybe) not to add hippie faction?
2. Does faction discovery events infinite?
3. I want to use your mod to discover some faction i added via mod, can i turn this mod off without breaking save after this faction discovered?
1.Yes. Edit the faction def of the mod and set PlaceOnMapRandomly (or something like that) to false.
2. No. It has a max at 20 factions, but before reaching that it will become very unlikely.
3. That should work. I haven't tried it, though.

Quote from: youngmuncher on October 17, 2016, 08:11:19 AM
I love the mod but is there anyway to reduce the amount of "Vanilla" and Hippies factions being found. None of my other Faction Mods are ever being found and I've been play with this for maybe 10 hours. Thanks
That could be due to their faction def. Some are not set up to spawn later. You'll have to tweak that yourself. It's called PlaceOnMapRandomly or so.

youngmuncher

Orion

If you enable developer mode; then open the 3rd (?) dev menu at the top, and click on "Execute event..." or so, you can choose "Faction Found" to test if it works.

MintyFr3sh

kaptain_kavern

It's  <canMakeRandomly>     

I'm in factiondef modding ATM as well ;P

Orion