[A15]True Mods 19.10.16 -vanilla friendly mods -new: some fixes and minor mods!

Started by TrueDestroyer, September 19, 2016, 12:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

You're missing abstract bases in some files. For example: in Floors.xml - FloorBase, CarpetBase

Check your files to make sure you're not creating hidden errors etc. for your users, please. I like your mods and use some of them, so if you need help just add me or send a message.

Other than that, I suggest you swap the textures in your Diverse Floors adjustment. The new "prettier" textures are lower quality than the old ones, so you can just have the plain floors use your new textures and the new floors use the base game textures. At least that's how I modified it and I think it makes more sense (we're not all artists, I would know).

Justas love

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Justas love on October 09, 2016, 02:40:15 AM
You should probably make a doublebed sleeping spot
Totally! Nice idea!

Quote from: Dingo on October 08, 2016, 10:28:20 PM
You're missing abstract bases in some files. For example: in Floors.xml - FloorBase, CarpetBase

Check your files to make sure you're not creating hidden errors etc. for your users, please. I like your mods and use some of them, so if you need help just add me or send a message.

Other than that, I suggest you swap the textures in your Diverse Floors adjustment. The new "prettier" textures are lower quality than the old ones, so you can just have the plain floors use your new textures and the new floors use the base game textures. At least that's how I modified it and I think it makes more sense (we're not all artists, I would know).

OK, my bad - I read the note on it there: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0
Will have to fix everything:)

About the floors - I never added any textures for this, these are vanilla textures for floors, you may check the mod contents, its only a small xml file - no textures there. So you're talking about vanilla textures (probably the "generic tile" texture:) I changed the gold tile color shade (but not the texture) to be more gold though.

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

Dingo

Yeah, the generic tile texture is much worse than the nice wood texture. I'm mainly talking about wood, I think that's actually the only case where it matters.

In my campaign I edited your XML and swapped them around (basic wood floors use the generic texture & colour while the prettier floors use the original texture). Just easier on the eye IMO.

TrueDestroyer

Just letting you know, I'm pretty sure I eliminated the glitch with multi analyzer resource mod and vitals monitor resource mod. There's been an update to other stuff, and a new, double sleeping spot mod was introduced. Updated versions of everything are available for download. More info in the first post :)

EldVarg

I'm working on a mod with better textures on floors. Have done better gold, silver and steel floors. Some of the original floor textures look real and some are cartoonish. I try to make most of the look more real. But it's hard to make good looking gold without using light and shadows from any special direction (as that would look strange).

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

EldVarg

TrueDestroyer

Oh gosh, I guess these vanilla floors must be pretty bad, as two of you try to nicely persuade me to do sth about these textures;) I'll think about changing the new 'wooden tile' into something that looks a bit nicer - some seamless wooden panels or sth.
To be honest, I'd modify only the new wooden tile, and leave jade and gold floor as it is. (I already adjusted gold tile color to be more gold-ish).

Dingo

Well the generic tile is just really ugly, and the point of Diverse Floors is to make prettier floors.. But that's enough about that.

I think your art mod might be causing extra bugs, did not do much research into it yet.

Thirite

Unfortunately I got the same error I did previously, even with MadSkills loaded after. Strangely enough the exact same error is happening when I craft FashionRimsta's military fatigues. I feel like there has to be an underlying problem that's causing this, not just mod incompatibility.

TrueDestroyer

Quote from: Dingo on October 10, 2016, 01:45:54 AM
Well the generic tile is just really ugly, and the point of Diverse Floors is to make prettier floors.. But that's enough about that.

I think your art mod might be causing extra bugs, did not do much research into it yet.

Yeah, it may appear that my 'new game fixes!' turn slowly into 'new game bugs!'.
But I got solution for this one (I hope).
This mod requires a fresh save, and should not be activated/deactivated during the playthrough.
Did you use a new world for this mod? Or did you open an existing save? I've seen it while activating mod in an existing save, but never got it with fresh colony started after mod activation. I should mention that this one is not save compatible and requires rather a new colony... Just changed the description.

Quote from: Thirite on October 10, 2016, 02:00:04 AM
Unfortunately I got the same error I did previously, even with MadSkills loaded after. Strangely enough the exact same error is happening when I craft FashionRimsta's military fatigues. I feel like there has to be an underlying problem that's causing this, not just mod incompatibility.

This is probably something with MadSkills then, if other mods have problems with it too. If you find any mods adding apparel with stat modifiers that somehow work with MadSkills, let me know, maybe I'll be able to copy the compatibility aspect to my mods:)

Dingo

I started a new save and this is the first time I got this bug after about 5 hours of playing. I don't use MadSkills but I do use Static Quality Plus which has a similar option, though I don't see how it can possibly be related to the art tags.

TrueDestroyer

Okay I just found this bug report from before I even started creating art descriptions. The related issue there states that it occurs when trying to create art about colonist interacting with traders, and it is a game bug not related to mods, and which can be reproduced in non modded vanlla game. This would make sense, as I was not trading much in the new saves, and personally in the new alpha I've never seen an art about my colonist trading with someone.
Totally no idea though why I haven't put the debug error text in google before and assumed this was mods fault xD

Justas love

maybe add stronger/stuffed conduits, same with coolers and vents. Maybe add wired fences (pretty much a sandbag with a diffrent texture). Reduce the power cost on the lights, or maybe add led lights. Make a Recycler, it recycles components, cloths from items: clothing, weapons and all sorts of things.
Also those steel floors look sick af dude!

mabor0shi

Quote from: Justas love on October 10, 2016, 01:00:21 PM
Maybe add wired fences (pretty much a sandbag with a diffrent texture). Make a Recycler, it recycles components, cloths from items: clothing, weapons and all sorts of things.
I second these. There is a mod with barbed wire or razor wire; but the texture was so ugly that I uninstalled it. As for the recycler, i think TrueDestroyer could make a balanced 1. there's already component assembly workbenches; adding a "recycling" bill with junk as ingredients is almost easy enuf for me to do. But I like the idea of a machine that u load somethings in, wait a day, then it spits out a component (or any goodies, it's the recyling & waiting that matters). There's a modding challenge for ya 8)
Query: caltrops damage feet? that would be unbalancing, no?
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!