[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

I'm on it  8)

I'm currently running the A17 dev version for testing/debugging ...

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on May 24, 2017, 09:15:21 AM
I'm on it  8)

I'm currently running the A17 dev version for testing/debugging ...

Do you know how much I love you?

Tammabanana

Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Shinzy

Quote from: Tammabanana on May 24, 2017, 05:07:39 PM
I like my cowboy hat. Howdy.
And I like my soft mental break. Blrrrbbppt waaagh! hihihihihihiiheehoo

kaptain_kavern

Hey Tam,
just to say it out here publicly :
It would have take waaaaaay more time without your precious work (and especially your comments in the code  ;)).
So again a big thank to you ... (yeah, that big)

And if you have the time for and/or are willing to do it, consider yourself as an author/modder for this mod (meaning : will you work with me on it? I'm not forcing you, right ? ;) ) We can talk further via the github, at your pace buddy.

Quote from: Shinzy on May 24, 2017, 05:15:57 PM
And I like my soft mental break. Blrrrbbppt waaagh! hihihihihihiiheehoo
Oh man, you went on an alcohol binge but without alcohol it became pyromaniac mental break ... In the rainforest ...

Colony died by Shinzynator ...

Tammabanana

You're so very welcome! I love the work you guys did on this mod.

I'd be happy to join you on it, though I'm not sure how much time I'll have. RL's a bit demanding lately. I'll see you on the GitHub!

Edited to add: I lol'd so hard about the Shinzy's pyrodemise that my kid asked me what was funny, and I totally couldn't think of a short way to explain, y'know? I had to yell at him to go back and eat his dinner like I told him to three minutes ago just to distract him.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

AdamM88

The wait is killing me! I don't want to start a new colony until this gets updated ;_;

Also, could you please upload this to Steam Workshop as well?

People running multiple mods for multiple games burn an awful lot of time checking for and downloading updates for their mods. Meanwhile, Steam downloads all updates automatically, which lets me play more, and tinker with files less. Cheers!

kcirdor

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on May 23, 2017, 07:19:24 AM
I'm back folks! 8)
But not Coercion it seems. To me he is still AWOL.
Anyway, thx Tamma and Qwynn for managing this baby.

So, how are things? do you want this mod to live still ? (I'm just trying to see which ones of my mods I should focus on)

OMG!  This mod is my favorite mod for this game. Welcome Back!   I sat out A16 mostly, and I'd say this mod not being up at 100% was a main contributor to that.

kaptain_kavern

SmartererThanYou

kaptain_kavern

Hi folks,

So now that I'm back I will try to stick to how I was doing before. Reading : keep you updated regularly.

Mod status

Apparently Coercion had an IRL-ite around the same period as myself. You all know the drill : jobs, family, wages, limited free time etc...

While we were AWOL, Tammabanana took the burden to maintain and update it. I'm glad he did.

Now I'm back and Coercion is not reachable as for now. You may know that he was the artist and me I was doing the coding part. This means the mod will never going to have more new arts/graphics than what we have right now unless he came back.

Future of the mod

Welcome to Green Hell : Tropi[CKAPP] Rainforest -- In the forest no one will hear you crying or let your corpse rotting ...

So from now on the mod will "only" focus on overhauling the tropical rainforest biome and animals in general (more milkable animals, harvestable horns, more unfertilized eggs)

• My first goal is to make everything works again - Plain and simple.
  • Then I will focus on refining and polishing the mod in order for him to reach a stable state.
  • In an hypothetical future I may end up separating animal overhauling and the tropical biome overhauling

Progress log

Ok for speeding things up for the update I had to caveman debug a lots of code during a short over-caffeinated night. The absence of Coercion and the fact that I had forget nearly half of what was here and for what reasons haven't helped ... Again a big thanks to Tammabanana (Because he left so many notes in the code ... Good habit for everyone to get BTW  ;) )

- I slightly reduced the plant density (from 4 to 3) and let Vanilla plants to mix with our modded ones in the wild. I personally prefer that way but consider this as a trial please, I very much want your feedbacks please.

- Pack Elephants are working now. It was a pain to understand why they weren't working.

- Now for the coding part :
A17 introduced a new powerful way for us modders to mod. We can now selectively modify Core/Vanilla code (and precisely). The most beautiful part is that all the modifications made that way are all loaded in the game at the same time, after the game finished to load all Vanilla "parts". So we can now have several mods targeting the same "game objects" without conflicting. I have started to implement this in the mod. When finished this mod will be compatible with nearly all mods (compatible here means it's possible to load mods together, it doesn't means all mod combination will all make sense)

Now for the more hooked up among you (yeah kcirdor I'm looking at you) : You can follow my progress on this github link (Notice it is labelled "dev")

Oh and will you're there, you see that green button saying "Clone or Download" ? Well you can download my dev version here ;-)

Please not that this is not a "real" release. It's the version I'm currently working on (updated nearly hourly). It's playable and nearly doesn't throw red errors but that's all. Half of the features aren't work well (or aren't work, period)

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: SmartererThanYou on May 25, 2017, 08:53:07 PM
I can't contain my excitement you have no idea  ;D

You look truly enthusiastic believe me. Hope you'll be happy  :P

Please keep in mind it's playable but I haven't got the time to check half of the value/stats/balancing

AdamM88

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on May 25, 2017, 09:17:10 PM
Quote from: SmartererThanYou on May 25, 2017, 08:53:07 PM
I can't contain my excitement you have no idea  ;D

You look truly enthusiastic believe me. Hope you'll be happy  :P

Please keep in mind it's playable but I haven't got the time to check half of the value/stats/balancing

That is completely fine. I'm sorta' used to dev mods. It's pretty much my lifeblood.

kaptain_kavern

Hey guys, I kinda made a joke and hide the link to the unstable-but-playable release at the end of my long post above ( The big yellow "github link" at the end.

You noticed it, right ?