[1.2] Power Logic - (v1.16c) (10.05.2021)

Started by Supes, December 04, 2016, 10:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

This feature would made your mod unique since on other got similar so far.
Maybe you add button/slider to adjust the values for on/off, at this way that switch could be used for other fueled generators too.

Plasmatic

How would I go about extending the range of the wireless power emitter and receiver?

Supes

The inductors have a fixed range of 7 spaces, but it's a hard coded value.  I think it would be too unbalanced to allow a larger distance, but it is wide enough to cross 2 conduits.  you can daisy chain inductor pairs as long as power required at the end is stable.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Supes on June 15, 2017, 06:50:26 PM
The inductors have a fixed range of 7 spaces, but it's a hard coded value.  I think it would be too unbalanced to allow a larger distance, but it is wide enough to cross 2 conduits.  you can daisy chain inductor pairs as long as power required at the end is stable.

Darn, I was hoping to setup some outposts with them, some with turrets, some with geothermal and just have it be wireless so I don't have to deal with mortars taking out conduits.

Athanatos154

The nexus file delivery is offline rn
Is there any other non steam source we can get this mod?

Canute

I just download the version on nexus without problems, maybe try a different nexus server.

wedekit

I don't have a circuitry/engineering mind. I'd love to see some of the smaller useful things people have come up with so I can mimic it. ;)

Also, do enemies attack things like the proximity detector?

Angelix

remote door macros throw exception on activation:
QuoteException ticking SupesRemoteDoor9096: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PowerLogic.CompRemoteDoor.CycleActions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PowerLogic.CompRemoteDoor.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Building_Door.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
tried new game only with PL. same result
rimworld ver.A17B

Supes

I'm having a look, but now that A18 is currently on steams unstable, the next build of powerlogic will be A18.

is there any actions queued on the macro tab?  if so, which actions.

Angelix

if macro list empty then nothing happen.
any macro with "open","close","forbide","change channel" throw exception on signal. also its repeated(counter in log increasing fast). deactivation signal stop this. any of actions are not executed.

Supes

I've uploaded the A18 version on nexus, I made a few changes to the door, but I'm not sure if that fixed it.

Rock5

I'm looking for a way to automate connecting and disconnection batteries. I want to disconnect the batteries when they are full and connect them when they are not full. Also connect them when generated power is low.

I don't think your mod does this yet but is it possible to add?

Edit: I should mention that I'm still playing A17.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Canute

For A17 try RT Power Switch
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11272.0
Features:

"Emergency power" mode: when enabled, power switch will automatically turn on if an adjacent energy network is about to lose power, and turn off once the network's batteries are all fully charged.

Rock5

Quote from: Canute on November 04, 2017, 04:46:50 AM
For A17 try RT Power Switch
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11272.0
Features:

"Emergency power" mode: when enabled, power switch will automatically turn on if an adjacent energy network is about to lose power, and turn off once the network's batteries are all fully charged.

That sounds like exactly what I was after. Thanks.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Supes

the version on Steam is still A17 until A18 is out of the unstable branch, and the nexus should still have all the archived versions as well.

Also Powerlogic doesn't overwrite any existing objects, so you can run both this mod and RT Power Switch without incompatibility problems.