[B19] A Dog Said... Animal Surgery

Started by witchyspoon, January 08, 2017, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

It permits to heal old injuries like scars and such.

I can have a look in the code in a couple of hours to check why your patch isn't working (If super-Spoon have not replied since).

kaptain_kavern

I manage to make a quick patch on my end, for testing.

<Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd"> <!-- "Inserting animal defNames into CureOldWoundsAnimal surgery recipes bases" -->
<xpath>/Defs/RecipeDef[@Name = "OldWoundsAnimal"]/recipeUsers</xpath>
<value>
<li>Nightling</li>
</value>
</Operation>

This is working for me

witchyspoon

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 23, 2017, 01:21:18 PM
I manage to make a quick patch on my end, for testing.

<Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd"> <!-- "Inserting animal defNames into CureOldWoundsAnimal surgery recipes bases" -->
<xpath>/Defs/RecipeDef[@Name = "OldWoundsAnimal"]/recipeUsers</xpath>
<value>
<li>Nightling</li>
</value>
</Operation>

This is working for me

hmmm kaptains xpath looks the same as yours and for him its working...
weirdly enough ...the one animal patch I have (for my own Animal mod)  has this as "OldWoundsAnimalBase" and it works. like i can operate the wounds on modded animals just fine. but i have no OldWoundsAnimalBase in ADS...i know its weird and idk why its like that, but maybe try it? I have to look further into this. I made the patch a while ago and i dont know why its "base" at the end but it somehow works.

SargBjornson

It could also be a limitation in Nightinggale's Modcheck mod that I used to provide native patching. I'm going to ask him too!

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: spoonshortage on November 23, 2017, 03:46:44 PM

... but i have no OldWoundsAnimalBase in ADS...

https://github.com/spoonshortage/A_Dog_Said/blob/master/Defs/RecipeDefs/Recipes_InjuryHeal.xml#L8

Hum... What about that?  ;)

To me it looks like it's an abstract on top of files, in order to define nearly all parameters in once for clarity.

So patching it directly is supposed to works, IMHO... But I guess one could also try to patch each recipes CureInjuryBurnAnimal, CureInjuryCrushAnimal, CureInjuryCrackAnimal, etc ... instead

Adventurer

Have you thought about just having one A Dog Said mod and having configuration settings to turn off some or all of the crafting?

A 'NoCrafting' option would just have to remove the workbench from being craftable, and a 'Lite' option would just remove certain recipes from the workbench.

BlueWinds

I suppose that could work for no-crafting, but 'lite' would be difficult, since you want to remove not only crafting the new items, but also them getting drop-podded, supplied by traders, showing up in the Prepare Carefully list of goods, etc.

Basically, not sure adding mod options is easier than than just maintaining a couple releases containing different XML files. Just my thought, I'm obviously not one of the actual modders here.

witchyspoon

Quote from: BlueWinds on November 23, 2017, 05:57:43 PM
I suppose that could work for no-crafting, but 'lite' would be difficult, since you want to remove not only crafting the new items, but also them getting drop-podded, supplied by traders, showing up in the Prepare Carefully list of goods, etc.

Basically, not sure adding mod options is easier than than just maintaining a couple releases containing different XML files. Just my thought, I'm obviously not one of the actual modders here.

ok first of all...i cant add options bc i dont code and wouldnt even know how. second...the no crafting is already gone and integrated in full version...by just not researching the crafting part of the mod...which has the same effect.
the lite version...is NOT without crafting. the stuff also can be bought from traders and drop from pods ofc ....how else would you get it without crafting if you choose to not research it? the one difference between lite and full is only the fact that lite hasnt got the organ parts etc. it just has all the limb options. everything else is the same as in full.

witchyspoon

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 23, 2017, 04:44:03 PM
Quote from: spoonshortage on November 23, 2017, 03:46:44 PM

... but i have no OldWoundsAnimalBase in ADS...

https://github.com/spoonshortage/A_Dog_Said/blob/master/Defs/RecipeDefs/Recipes_InjuryHeal.xml#L8

Hum... What about that?  ;)

To me it looks like it's an abstract on top of files, in order to define nearly all parameters in once for clarity.

So patching it directly is supposed to works, IMHO... But I guess one could also try to patch each recipes CureInjuryBurnAnimal, CureInjuryCrushAnimal, CureInjuryCrackAnimal, etc ... instead

yeah Kap I know whats in there..its called "OldWoundsAnimal" but what I have in my patch is "OldWoundsAnimalBase" which for some reason also works! even if i dont even have this defname! thats all I said...idk why the hell it works like that. but it somehow does.

Adventurer

Not sure if it's intended but using a lot of ellipsis makes you sound rather angry. It was just a suggestion.

witchyspoon

Quote from: Adventurer on November 23, 2017, 06:10:07 PM
Not sure if it's intended but using a lot of ellipsis makes you sound rather angry. It was just a suggestion.
lol not even a bit. I just like to emphasize shit xD

alexdgreat

Beta 18. Latest Lite version of mod. Every time get this error log when the game started. Did I do something wrong, or problem is in a mod itself?
Quote[A Dog Said...Lite] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(/DefPackage-TraderKindDef/TraderKindDef[defName = "Base_Outlander_Standard"]/stockGenerators) failed
[A Dog Said...Lite] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(/DefPackage-TraderKindDef/TraderKindDef[defName = "Caravan_Outlander_Exotic"]/stockGenerators) failed
[A Dog Said...Lite] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(/DefPackage-TraderKindDef/TraderKindDef[defName = "Orbital_Exotic"]/stockGenerators) failed
[A Dog Said...Lite] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(/DefPackage-TraderKindDef/TraderKindDef[defName = "Orbital_PirateMerchant"]/stockGenerators) failed

witchyspoon

Quote from: alexdgreat on November 28, 2017, 02:55:51 AM
Beta 18. Latest Lite version of mod. Every time get this error log when the game started. Did I do something wrong, or problem is in a mod itself?
Quote[A Dog Said...Lite] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(/DefPackage-TraderKindDef/TraderKindDef[defName = "Base_Outlander_Standard"]/stockGenerators) failed
[A Dog Said...Lite] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(/DefPackage-TraderKindDef/TraderKindDef[defName = "Caravan_Outlander_Exotic"]/stockGenerators) failed
[A Dog Said...Lite] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(/DefPackage-TraderKindDef/TraderKindDef[defName = "Orbital_Exotic"]/stockGenerators) failed
[A Dog Said...Lite] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(/DefPackage-TraderKindDef/TraderKindDef[defName = "Orbital_PirateMerchant"]/stockGenerators) failed
I can see from the name of the xpath, that you are using an outdated version (bc of /DefPackage-TraderKindDef)
this is old and not present in the correct new B18 release. pls make sure to delete your ADS folder and re-download again from the OP links. I'll check if github download is messed up but Dropbox is correct as I just checked.

alexdgreat

Thanks. Now it works without error log show ups.
Now about another. Do animals really use the blade-replaced tail in battle? All animals including dogs?

witchyspoon

Quote from: alexdgreat on November 28, 2017, 07:16:23 AM
Thanks. Now it works without error log show ups.
Now about another. Do animals really use the blade-replaced tail in battle? All animals including dogs?
it should increase their DPS accordingly - whether they use it as instrument idk...i dont think they use their natural tail as weapon. so for the tail it might just be DPS increase. they *do* use the powerclaws like legs as weapons tho. at least the two front ones.