[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vehicular_Zombicide

Going off the cargo ships posted above, would it be possible to specialize the ships for specific rolls? Say...

- Standard Dropship= jack of all trades vehicle. Not particularly strong in any role, but a decent all purpose vehicle. Lowered cargo capacity, one gun slot.

- Kestral= Rapid medium range personnel transport. Lower health and fuel consumption than standard dropship, and comes with built in cryopod and ability to load downed colonists. Specializes in medical rescue missions. Unarmed.

- Albatross= long range transport for single person. Unarmed, no changes otherwise.

- C77 Freighter= short range light cargo transport. Max capacity of two people and 2000 kg cargo, uses skin posted above. Unarmed.

- S342 Transport= heavy long range cargo transport. Max capacity of two people and 3000 kg cargo, uses skin posted above. Unarmed.

- Assault Dropship= heavily armored combat transport designed to deploy troops directly into a combat zone. Carries 8 passengers but with greatly reduced cargo capacity. Armed with two gun slots, requires heavy weaponry (Gatling gun, missile launchers, grenades, etc) to damage. Massive fuel consumption.

Just thought I'd throw out some ideas for specialization if you were open to them- as things stand now, the standard dropship is more than enough for all purposes, and the kestral is near useless. Specializing would give each one a more niche roll to fill.

Xentor

Would it not usefull to perhaps update the Mod initiationpage with the new downloadlink and all?

Canute

It is a github project, if you are a bit clever you notice you would notice you can click at the Cpt-Ohu and OHU-Dropships.
Since the project don't got a final 1.0 release yet, there isn't any need to update the first posting yet.

ckennedy2

could you possibly update this mod for rimworld 1.0?
I really want this mod but I don't want to break my game by installing a mod for B19 when my game is 1.0

Edit: Sorry, I meant B18

PrincessOfBankai

Quote from: ckennedy2 on April 08, 2019, 02:42:09 PM
could you possibly update this mod for rimworld 1.0?
I really want this mod but I don't want to break my game by installing a mod for B19 when my game is 1.0

Edit: Sorry, I meant B18
You should be able to use this mod on 1.0, the only issue is mod compatibility, but there is a discord op has that can try to fix those issues.

Vehicular_Zombicide

Quote from: sma342 on March 12, 2019, 07:52:11 AM
Ah sorry, my bad, files in attachment

How do I install this? I moved all the contents of the defs and textures folders you provided to the defs and texture folders of the main mod, but I'm still getting the "missing textures" red x whenever I try to build them in the world- both in the build menu and in the colony itself.

Bunkier

Those count as seperate mod, you put two folders into mods folder and then you activate them in game. Updated version in attachment.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Platonov555

Super mod, wish this would get added to Vanilla. This and vehicles. I mean seriously, drop pods and donkeys? In what like 36th century?  ;D ;D ;D

OHU hope you update this properly. Your mod adds something real special to the game. Thanks!

Katuhiro

Please fix A17 version.

ShipBase -> TryAcceptThing
Replace a

if (!humanlike)
{
return this.innerContainer.TryAdd(thing, true);
}

to

if (!humanlike)
{
if(thing.holdingOwner != null) {
  return thing.holdingOwner.TryTransferToContainer(thing, this.innerContainer, thing.stackCount, true);
} else {
  return this.innerContainer.TryAdd(thing, true);
}
}

This fix a bug where animals dissapear with error: Tried to add Turkey61870 to ThingOwner but this thing is already in another container. owner=OHUDropShip61989, other container owner=LandedShip Hunter (tile=1102)

In 1.0 you can use TryAddOrTransfer

Jovzin

Hello,
The mod is great but I have issues to download additional cargo ships.
When I am tryint to unpack them I am getting error with pakcage :(   
Do you have them on your github page too please ?  Somehow this downloading via attachment is not workign for me well :( 

Mystery

This mod isn't going to be updated anymore?
I really want a better way than caravans...

account13123

Quote from: Mystery on May 28, 2019, 04:13:35 PM

The links on the first post haven't been updated, BUT if you check the github there's commit messages mentioning fixes for 1.0. I'm gonna try it out and see if it works, but I think it's good to go.

@Ohu- this is really cool! One thing I can think you've probably got in the back of your mind is adding more weapon options. Meaning you'd have to design them, balance them, make artwork for them... lots of work.

Or instead, you could borrow the work Haplo has graciously made available under Creative Commons for his Misc. TurretBase, which is simply a "blank" turret that the player can then install a ranged weapon(vanilla or mod) on, which the turret then takes on the properties of. Your ships would have hundreds of weapon options that you never have to think about yourself, including the entire arsenal of the Astra Militarum which benefits your main mod.

Fullhammer

Quote from: account13123 on June 06, 2019, 11:48:37 PM

The links on the first post haven't been updated, BUT if you check the github there's commit messages mentioning fixes for 1.0. I'm gonna try it out and see if it works, but I think it's good to go.

So, the mod has been updated to 1.0?

account13123

Quote from: Fullhammer on June 07, 2019, 06:54:44 PM

I tested it earlier and can confirm yes! I haven't tried all the features, but I was able to spawn a ship, load some people in it, fly to a friendly base, disembark, load back up, fly back home, and it all seemed to work.

I bashed together a ship using the included .xcfs, and a few free assets from https://www.kenney.nl/assets/space-shooter-extension

https://i.imgur.com/tkLnqgY.png

Fullhammer

Quote from: account13123 on June 08, 2019, 05:13:46 AM
Quote from: Fullhammer on June 07, 2019, 06:54:44 PM

I tested it earlier and can confirm yes! I haven't tried all the features, but I was able to spawn a ship, load some people in it, fly to a friendly base, disembark, load back up, fly back home, and it all seemed to work.

I bashed together a ship using the included .xcfs, and a few free assets from https://www.kenney.nl/assets/space-shooter-extension

https://i.imgur.com/tkLnqgY.png

Damn, this is kinda very good news! Thanks for testing ^_^