[1.0] StarshipTroopers Arachnid Ver5.0 - THE BUGS ARE BACK!!!

Started by WalkingProblem, May 19, 2017, 09:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashardalon411

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 16, 2017, 04:40:36 AM
I think personnaly that More vanilla turrets, ED embrasures and ED-Shields + a mod of your choice for supply this amouth of W., are a must have to survive in Rough difficulty.
whoups ! I have forgot to say "in rough difficulty with this araknids mod"
i use others mods who make invasions, so in my games when i go in rough difficulty, the game declares me the world war 3.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Olaf Forkbeard on June 16, 2017, 09:33:30 AM
Yea, pretty much all of my mods are QoL. I'd kind of prefer if the invasion was scaled to just be "very difficult" instead of what I encountered using what it provides. And to be clear, my event appears to be an outlier.

That said, putting suggested mods list for it on the official description would give a better idea of what to expect, if any.

hmm... somewhat a good idea.

Another part is that, I may be working on my own version of the Terran Federation (Starship Troopers) and embed it into this mod.

My intention is to have the Federation pod drop reinforcement upon arachnid incident is triggered. But its just an idea now. I still thinking if it should be a separate mod or together.

WalkingProblem

Oh, this is like super late but, I actually forgotten to update this thread that the mod is already updated to 2.2. Some of you guys may already know if you downloaded the mod via Steam.

So sorry:

FEATURES:
– Warrior Bugs
– Tanker Bugs
– Hopper Bugs
– Plasma Bugs
– 4 different arachnid invasions types
— Ground Invasion by Warrior Bugs (after 2 seasons)
— Encirclement by Warrior Bugs (after 3 seasons)
— Commando Raid by Hopper Bugs (after 4 seasons)
— Combined-Arms Heavy Assault by Warriors, Hoppers and Tanker Bugs (after 4 seasons)
— Plasma Bug Bombardment (after 4 seasons)
— Giant Bugs combo attack by Plasma and Tanker Bugs (after 4 seasons)
– Specially coded behaviors for the Bugs (actively hunting all non-insect factions)
– Specially coded abilities for Plasma Bugs and Tanker Bugs to switch between ranged and melee attacks

CHANGELOG VER 2.2
– Added Mod Update Note to inform Steam users about Mod being updated.
– Redid spawning codes so that Warriors bugs no longer spawn and move in the same cell
– Hopper Bugs attacks will now be dropped across the colony instead of into just one cell
– Added Arachnid Encirclement incident: warrior bugs to encircle and surround the colony on spawn
– Added Arachnid Giant Bugs incident: tanker-plasma bug combination attack
– Adjustment to Bugs invasion incident's likelihood
– Bug invasions will only happen after 2 seasons.
– More serious invasions will only happen after a year.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://walkingproblem.com/
FORUM LINK: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32625.0
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/starshiptroopers-arachnid-ver2-2-now-available/
STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928992405
DEVELOPER'S DISCORD: https://discord.gg/W2Vb27T
FACEBOOK PAGE: http://fb.com/walkingproblem
FACEBOOK DISCUSSION GROUP: http://fb.com/groups/walkingproblemstudios/

MOD CONFLICT:
Simple SideArms – to ensure the mod do not cause TankerBugs and Plasma Bugs to stop using / dropped their range weapon totally upon getting hit/melee – please go to Mod Settings, and choose LoadOutOnly preset.

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Walking Problem on June 16, 2017, 05:50:16 PM

hmm... somewhat a good idea.

Another part is that, I may be working on my own version of the Terran Federation (Starship Troopers) and embed it into this mod.

My intention is to have the Federation pod drop reinforcement upon arachnid incident is triggered. But its just an idea now. I still thinking if it should be a separate mod or together.

Walking you are welcome to use some of the stuff I already drawn to speed this up. Just p.m me and it will be done

dreamcast3r

Do i need a new save if i switch the mod from 2.1 to 2.2?

Cabdono

Quote from: dreamcast3r on June 17, 2017, 11:22:46 AM

There shouldn't be any problem in using the same save.

dreamcast3r

Quote from: Cabdono on June 17, 2017, 11:31:52 AM

Thanks for the clarification, just had the mod update notification in-game!

WalkingProblem

Quote from: dreamcast3r on June 17, 2017, 11:49:02 AM
Quote from: Cabdono on June 17, 2017, 11:31:52 AM

Thanks for the clarification, just had the mod update notification in-game!

Awesomeness! =D

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on June 16, 2017, 09:20:26 PM
Walking you are welcome to use some of the stuff I already drawn to speed this up. Just p.m me and it will be done

Noted, but I may edit the textures further if I am using them. Just to let you know in advanced (its a designer peeve thingy... I cant resist).

But as of now, nothing is concrete yet. Since I have so many stuff to work on still... like adding new Minions work types, expanding on RimSlaves, etc...

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Walking Problem on June 18, 2017, 11:36:57 PM
Quote from: ChaosChronicler on June 16, 2017, 09:20:26 PM

Noted, but I may edit the textures further if I am using them. Just to let you know in advanced (its a designer peeve thingy... I cant resist).

But as of now, nothing is concrete yet. Since I have so many stuff to work on still... like adding new Minions work types, expanding on RimSlaves, etc...
No problem, but if you don't mind me asking are my designs not right or is it more of different design tastes. It's kind of hard for me not to get too detailed oriented with some of the stuff knowing that a lot will get lost in scaling. That and I'm going back to a lot of them for color tuning. Granted haven't done much with digital art for the past five years when I had access to professional Adobe programs at school.     

WalkingProblem

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on June 18, 2017, 11:51:18 PM
No problem, but if you don't mind me asking are my designs not right or is it more of different design tastes. It's kind of hard for me not to get too detailed oriented with some of the stuff knowing that a lot will get lost in scaling. That and I'm going back to a lot of them for color tuning. Granted haven't done much with digital art for the past five years when I had access to professional Adobe programs at school.   

It just my own obsession over creating my own textures for my own mods - because thats something that gives me satisfaction to keep modding new stuffs.

On the other hand, you should actually launch your mod when its ready. I'm know of many ppl are actually waiting for a starship troopers terran federation mod. On my side, I'm not even sure I would ever do it, given the number of nonsense I want to make.

ChaosChronicler

Honestly never thought people where that interested (though that might be my depression/self hating side of me talking)

Ashardalon411

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on June 19, 2017, 02:06:32 PM
Honestly never thought people where that interested (though that might be my depression/self hating side of me talking)
Yes the people are REALLY interested and YES its your mental's breaks who speaks  ;) .
Seriously i really want some more types of opponents, i hope to see a starcraft like (theres already the zergs with araknids/ the terrans with the federation are comming, and later maybe some hyper advanced aliens like protoss ?) .
It sounds very well for the future ^^

WalkingProblem

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on June 19, 2017, 02:06:32 PM

I lot of ppl are asking me if there would be a terran federation coming after this arachnid mod. So if you launch yours, I can direct them to your mod.

asquirrel

Love this mod but had to uninstall it because the bugs are so freaking hard.  Any way to nerf the difficulty a bit?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: asquirrel on July 05, 2017, 09:30:19 PM
Love this mod but had to uninstall it because the bugs are so freaking hard.  Any way to nerf the difficulty a bit?

There is 2 ways, one is you get those mods that give you better defenses, like turrets.

The other way is to reduce the difficulty level you are playing, so that the number of bugs spawned is lesser (thus more easy to deal with).

As far as I understand, some other players are literally killing the bugs for all the meat and leather - surviving wave after wave of invasions.