[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therandomgamer420

I can't put my Metal alloy drill in the Driller when i send someone to do it it says there is no place to store it(Yes i enabled it in the storage tab)

minami26

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 01, 2014, 05:32:18 PM
my problem is that the campfire with the grill + woodstorage isn't working or just sometimes, does it have to be outside without roof or with roof (against rain maybe)?

another thing are these oil tanks which won't work, same with gas generator...the whole oil thingy doesn't seem to work sadly

another thing that pretty much kills me off is that my colonists having constant mental breakdowns

my problems might be partially not really related to the mod but regarding the context and to help me survive in this great mod (which adds great content to the game and enhances it so much i don't wanna disable it).

fyi: huge kudos to the TTM modmaker and all the other mod-makers which mods are included in this one, its kinda great :).

hello, thank you for appreciating and playing with TTM! I am so at a loss at what could be causing the problems you are experiencing can you first answer these questions to help me fix your problems.
1. What Operating System are you using in your computer? if you are running on an Apple computer, users usually report that the functions of the mod doesnt work - sadly there is no fix for this. :(
2. Are you running this mod on the latest version of rimworld Alpha6? and using Techtree minami v2.8?
3. Are you using other mods besides TTM?
4. have you used an older version of TTM before updating to v2.8?
5. Are you playing on a New game and a New World?

Quote from: MrBlazzar on September 01, 2014, 09:10:56 PM
So I have been trying to get my Comms Console working but none of my colonists can actually use it. The only mod I am using is one I made and it nothing to the comms console or anything to do with buildings.

I then opened the Debug mean and it gives me this error when I click on the comms console to use it:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I am using the newest version of the mod.

Hello are you playing on a New Game on a New World? you need this to generate the new functions for TTM.

if this doesn't work you can try to refresh your RimWorld Settings by going to the AppData/LocalLow folder

WINDOWS:   C:/Users/[username]/AppData/LocalLow/
(On Windows, the AppData folder may be hidden.)

and deleting the LudeonStudios folder to create a new settings file for RimWorld.
your saves may be deleted too if you want to keep your saves you should go get a copy of it.

Quote from: therandomgamer420 on September 01, 2014, 10:07:52 PM
I can't put my Metal alloy drill in the Driller when i send someone to do it it says there is no place to store it(Yes i enabled it in the storage tab)

You enabled it in the storage tab of the Driller right? I don't understand why it wont store, can you provide a screenshot?

Xerberus86

Quote from: minami26 on September 02, 2014, 03:14:15 AM
hello, thank you for appreciating and playing with TTM! I am so at a loss at what could be causing the problems you are experiencing can you first answer these questions to help me fix your problems.
1. What Operating System are you using in your computer? if you are running on an Apple computer, users usually report that the functions of the mod doesnt work - sadly there is no fix for this. :(
2. Are you running this mod on the latest version of rimworld Alpha6? and using Techtree minami v2.8?
3. Are you using other mods besides TTM?
4. have you used an older version of TTM before updating to v2.8?
5. Are you playing on a New game and a New World?

well your mod is great and the whole package adds what rimworld is missing at the moment (progression and content for a longer playthrough, but mostly progresssion).

1. i am using windows 8.1 64 bit and they don't always fill the grill with all items (changing the storage settings for the grill doesn't really affect anything, they seem to put food on it which isn't activated and the other way around so i don't know what the storage settings in general change).

2. well i bought rimworld 2-3 days ago so yes, newest version and i am using TTM 2.8.

3. when i use TTM i only use the two TTM mods in the package and the edbinterface mod (rimworlds vanilla UI and controls are quite bad atm, but its alpha so no hard feelings).

4. nope, starting playing the game & mod with the newest versions. but like i said, sometimes it works and sometimes not. grilling prepared meat seems fine but they won't grill potatoes or berries, or am i missing something?

5. yep, created a new gameworld and new colony.

i also find it really hard to keep your colonists happy / sane, they starve themselfs to death because they do their jobs without regards to their hunger. same with sleep, they get negative moods for things which are available but they decided not to use for the moment which is kinda confusing for me.

on another note, i already looked it up in the wiki but didn't find anything, besides the starvation they complain about "cramped environments" and "ugly surroundings". i know this isn't mod-related but maybe you can help me to how i counter these things. i watched some LP's and i give them each a 2x3 room with a normal bed, colored floor, plant pot and a standing lamp, but in my last colony they complaint about "very cramped environment". the dining room was like 10x10 and the outside area decent (but not huge). what do they consider cramped and not cramped?

EDIT: also can you please tell me for what figurines are good for? i assumed to produce and sell to the traders but i can't find those figurines in the trade-menue (have tried two different traders).

really loving the game with your mod thus far, sadly most of the times my colonists kill the colony on their own, can't wait for alpha7 which adds more crafting to it.

Shinzy

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 02, 2014, 07:18:29 AMi watched some LP's and i give them each a 2x3 room with a normal bed, colored floor, plant pot and a standing lamp, but in my last colony they complaint about "very cramped environment". the dining room was like 10x10 and the outside area decent (but not huge). what do they consider cramped and not cramped?

Ayoo! I'll let Minami answer to the rest of your questions but there's really good threads about happiness and so on around if you search around a bit
But Rahjital gave a really good rundown on one thread about the room sizes
To quote him
Quote from: RahjitalHere's your science:

The pawn checks nearest 100 squares in a radial pattern. Each square inside the room that can be walked through counts as 1, each square than can be walked through but cannot be stood on (beds, tables, sandbags, rock debris, etc.) counts as 0.5; if the final count is less or equal to 6, you have a very cramped room; if it is less or equal to 15, you have a cramped room; and finally, if it is more than 26, you get a spacious room.

This is why a 4x4 room nets you 'cramped': It's 16 squares, but the bed reduces it by 2 * 0.5, meaning it counts as 15 squares - precisely the limit for cramped. Adding one square anywhere should get you rid of that thought, as long as you don't add any more furniture. 5x6 gives you 30 free squares, so even if you add a bed, a plant pot and a lamp, you'll still be at comfortable 28, one and half squares more than what's needed for 'spacious'.

(To be accurate, the game actually starts with 100 and subtracts 1 for every unwalkable square, but the result is the same)

And keep in mind you don't really need to keep lamps/flowerpots in the room, cause they don't really care about light levels/ surroundings while asleep, and they don't hang around in the rooms during the day. So you can keep the happiness up by keeping the common areas you see your colonists walk about all the time lit up and beautified with snazzy floors and some flower pots on the walkways

Xerberus86

Quote from: Shinzy on September 02, 2014, 08:08:54 AM
Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 02, 2014, 07:18:29 AMi watched some LP's and i give them each a 2x3 room with a normal bed, colored floor, plant pot and a standing lamp, but in my last colony they complaint about "very cramped environment". the dining room was like 10x10 and the outside area decent (but not huge). what do they consider cramped and not cramped?

Ayoo! I'll let Minami answer to the rest of your questions but there's really good threads about happiness and so on around if you search around a bit
To quote him

The pawn checks nearest 100 squares in a radial pattern. Each square inside the room that can be walked through counts as 1, each square than can be walked through but cannot be stood on (beds, tables, sandbags, rock debris, etc.) counts as 0.5; if the final count is less or equal to 6, you have a very cramped room; if it is less or equal to 15, you have a cramped room; and finally, if it is more than 26, you get a spacious room.

This is why a 4x4 room nets you 'cramped': It's 16 squares, but the bed reduces it by 2 * 0.5, meaning it counts as 15 squares - precisely the limit for cramped. Adding one square anywhere should get you rid of that thought, as long as you don't add any more furniture. 5x6 gives you 30 free squares, so even if you add a bed, a plant pot and a lamp, you'll still be at comfortable 28, one and half squares more than what's needed for 'spacious'.

(To be accurate, the game actually starts with 100 and subtracts 1 for every unwalkable square, but the result is the same)

And keep in mind you don't really need to keep lamps/flowerpots in the room, cause they don't really care about light levels/ surroundings while asleep, and they don't hang around in the rooms during the day. So you can keep the happiness up by keeping the common areas you see your colonists walk about all the time lit up and beautified with snazzy floors and some flower pots on the walkways

thanks a lot :).

Edit: here two pictures showing that the campfire has resources but ain't burning. in my current (or rather last, it died) colony the colonist ignited the campfire only ONCE and then instantly put it out (might have to do with homezone + fire, but after removing the homezone area for the campfire center it didn't work either). no other attempt of igniting it was made. some playthroughs it works and they do work with it, sometimes they don't. in my current playthrough i activated the grills by enabling all resources for them (hope that wasn't the wrong decision). as it stands now my colonists do rather farm, chop wood, construct, haul and sleep rather than eating. they are complaining about hunger and bodies (raiders), yet they glitch out while trying to bury them (http://youtu.be/E6BPkiCBilE?t=5s).

Drowpaladin

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 02, 2014, 08:31:58 AM

To quote him

Edit: here two pictures showing that the campfire has resources but ain't burning. in my current (or rather last, it died) colony the colonist ignited the campfire only ONCE and then instantly put it out (might have to do with homezone + fire, but after removing the homezone area for the campfire center it didn't work either). no other attempt of igniting it was made. some playthroughs it works and they do work with it, sometimes they don't. in my current playthrough i activated the grills by enabling all resources for them (hope that wasn't the wrong decision). as it stands now my colonists do rather farm, chop wood, construct, haul and sleep rather than eating. they are complaining about hunger and bodies (raiders), yet they glitch out while trying to bury them (http://youtu.be/E6BPkiCBilE?t=5s).

-> regarding the grave:
in the TTM_Buildings_Misc.xml - file is the special filter "allowburied" missing, that is why your colonists always try to bring back the corpse

This is the missing part:
            <specialFiltersToAllow>
               <li>AllowBuried</li>
            </specialFiltersToAllow>

You can enable it manually ingame by activating "allow buried" at the grave or you change this in the above mentioned file. Should look like this:

<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
      <defName>Grave</defName>
      <eType>BuildingInert</eType>
      <label>Grave</label>
      <thingClass>Building_Grave</thingClass>
      <texturePath>Things/Building/GraveEmpty</texturePath>
      <altitudeLayer>FloorEmplacement</altitudeLayer>
      <overdraw>true</overdraw>
      <useStandardHealth>false</useStandardHealth>
      <description>Place the dead in graves to give them a decent final resting place.</description>
      <size>(1,2)</size>
      <workToBuild>650</workToBuild>
      <passability>Standable</passability>
      <building>
      <fixedStorageSettings>
         <allowances>
            <categories>
               <li>Corpses</li>
            </categories>
         </allowances>
      </fixedStorageSettings>
      <defaultStorageSettings>
         <priority>Important</priority>
         <allowances>
            <categories>
               <li>CorpsesHumanoid</li>
            </categories>
            <specialFiltersToAllow>
               <li>AllowBuried</li>
            </specialFiltersToAllow>
         </allowances>
      </defaultStorageSettings>
      </building>
      <inspectorTabs>
         <li>ITab_Storage</li>
      </inspectorTabs>
      <surfaceNeeded>Diggable</surfaceNeeded>
      <designationCategory>Misc</designationCategory>
      <constructionEffect>ConstructDig</constructionEffect>
      <itemSurface>true</itemSurface>
   </ThingDef>

GarrettFox

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 02, 2014, 08:31:58 AM

To quote him

Do note that it doesn't seem to grill until you have a full 75 stack on the grill. Once you get a proper farm going, this matters less.

In practice I like to just mod agave to be sowable and make adobe salad. If you would like, I can post the mod that allows you to sow agave when I get home today

Also sorry if your images show a 75 stack, they aren't showing up on my phone.

rock5566r

This mod is AWESOME! It makes the game so much better than official.

But I have a question about "Equipment Rack". After I build equipment rack in the game.

All of the guns are setting as "Not to storage" in storage menu. Can I change its default setting to YES?

I get pretty tired of clicking each one individually to yes.

THX!

therandomgamer420

Hm that's weird the Drill bug just kind of fixed itself after i got on today.. weird.

Xerberus86

Quote from: rock5566r on September 02, 2014, 03:58:21 PM
This mod is AWESOME! It makes the game so much better than official.

But I have a question about "Equipment Rack". After I build equipment rack in the game.

All of the guns are setting as "Not to storage" in storage menu. Can I change its default setting to YES?

I get pretty tired of clicking each one individually to yes.

THX!

as far as i know the weapon rack can only store 2 weapons, that's why you have (or rather can) select which one should be displayed.

EDIT: ok another  question myself here, for what are these rock figures / figurines good? i produced a dozen at the stonecutter table but i can't sell them to any trader? can anybody tell me a reliable way to make tradegoods / money to buy things from the trader? since many thinks in TTM have to be bought i would imagine that there are a bunch of ways to make money to balance the system out.

Iwillbenicetou

Well you could also use them for making colonists have a happy time Knowing who's boss.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Xerberus86

after queuing up so many auto-craft tasks in the workshop the ones i wanna finish first gets more often than not worked on last. sadly i can't rightclick on the new workshops to prioritize them, could you add this feature or is it impossible duo to the modding capabilities? adding an extra option to set workshop priority would also be great, but i guess thats more a suggestion for the dev^^.

n0sTr4d4m0s

i like the idea of the mod.
but i have a big problem, i cant find any male do tool.
i read that i should sell my drop pods, but there are no drop pods after my guys crashed. just some metal trash and the usual starting equipment

Xerberus86

Quote from: n0sTr4d4m0s on September 03, 2014, 10:24:00 AM
i read that i should sell my drop pods, but there are no drop pods after my guys crashed. just some metal trash and the usual starting equipment

not sell but deconstruct, look harder there are ALWAYS three drop pods in the near vicinity to you, sometimes they just drifted a bit further away.

@TTM modder: sorry to say this here but i don't know from which mod the traps are, the net trap (the one which should slow enemies) slows ALL units including my own colonists. it clearly states that it should slow enemies but it also slows my own colonists at a huge rate.

Kitsune

@Xerberus86: Minami made the traps himself/herself, so its normal in the mod. :) But that looks like a bug.^^

Quote from: n0sTr4d4m0s on September 03, 2014, 10:24:00 AM

Maybe you have an mountain in the middle of your map? If its that way its possible the pods spawnt in the mountain or more clear sayed they are not spawned, if its that way sadly, you need to make a new colony. :(