[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HBKRKO619

I never played with the TTM mod but the TTM event was a must have in all of my game so I give a +1 (ok it's more a +13216485) for the "please, update the TTM event as well" xD

Kitsune

Quote from: want_some on January 20, 2015, 06:57:45 PM
Quote from: Kitsune on January 18, 2015, 02:30:40 PM
If you post it somewhere else please dont forget to say and link to this thread because its the source. :)

>_> dude, I know that i will NEED to do that. stop telling me it. i just need the links for the other mods to give proper credits and such. so stop mentioning this >_>

Uh? I already stoped after you answerd it once. o.o No need that you answer it twice. ;D

If you like help in the xml files, i can offer to work on some of the files. :3

want_some

sorry, that was my bad for not looking at the date. and my computer said that you posted it right after my last comment. Apologies.

Also, the only issue im running into is the dll files. Don't know anything about C# and the game is throwing errors of the dll not being loaded (might be from few code changes from the core dll files?)

Not sure where to look for any info on that but as for the xml files, they are all fixed, just need to get the dll files fixed or looked at so i can do a final test and fixes if need be.

Learning to mod while also updating TTM Mod!
Full credit goes to Minami26

Kitsune

Dont worrie, no problem. ;)

Yes i have the same problem, dont know anything about C#, maybe you like to ask in the modding section, the other modder are most of really friendly.^.^ Or you can look for help from the dev as i think somewhere he has postet a thread about starting modding but not 100% sure. :)

skullywag

Post snippets of code here and which bit is erroring and ill check every now and now and then and see if i cant give you the updated method name.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

want_some

Quote from: skullywag on January 22, 2015, 03:10:03 AM
Post snippets of code here and which bit is erroring and ill check every now and now and then and see if i cant give you the updated method name.

Ok i will when i run into other issues. i already posted in the mod help section about one issue and got a fix for it. its just mainly the renaming of class names used in the dll that i need to change/update. not sure if there's a list of them from A7 to A8. that would help speed up the updating process of this mod. My goal is to have everything updated and working by Feb 1st.

Kolljak

Started a fun little mod inspired by this :D cant wait i loved how this mod was Hardcore

want_some

Quote from: Kolljak on January 22, 2015, 06:39:56 PM
Started a fun little mod inspired by this :D cant wait i loved how this mod was Hardcore

What mod is that?

Sofcik007

If you are working on updating this mod, You shoud think about delete some stuff for food preservation, becouse in Alpha8 there is way to do it by lowering temperature in food stockpile. Just an idea.

want_some

Quote from: Sofcik007 on January 23, 2015, 05:47:46 AM
If you are working on updating this mod, You shoud think about delete some stuff for food preservation, becouse in Alpha8 there is way to do it by lowering temperature in food stockpile. Just an idea.

If the mods adds diff ways to preserver food, i will leave it alone. but if its a copy of what has been added to A8 then i will remove them.

Edit:
Info for everyone thats waiting for the mod to be updated. Heres some update on the process so far.

75% of the XML files have been updated. Few still needs updated but might need to change a few things and i might tweek them as well.

the Main Mod dll is about 40% completed, just lots of going through codes to update the small variable changes from A7 to A8 which then turns out that more errors are being thrown. but at least they are all being fixed!

As for the patch mods, i have yet to start with them. The first of the patch mods that will be worked on is the CustomEvent as i have been requested by many to do that as soon as i can.

Igabod

Quote from: want_some on January 23, 2015, 06:47:52 PM

If the mods adds diff ways to preserver food, i will leave it alone. but if its a copy of what has been added to A8 then i will remove them.

Edit:
Info for everyone thats waiting for the mod to be updated. Heres some update on the process so far.

75% of the XML files have been updated. Few still needs updated but might need to change a few things and i might tweek them as well.

the Main Mod dll is about 40% completed, just lots of going through codes to update the small variable changes from A7 to A8 which then turns out that more errors are being thrown. but at least they are all being fixed!

As for the patch mods, i have yet to start with them. The first of the patch mods that will be worked on is the CustomEvent as i have been requested by many to do that as soon as i can.

I'm hoping the Animal Husbandry mod gets updated. It's definitely my favorite TTM thing. No rush though. I'm well aware of how much work there is to be done to update this mod. I already looked into updating it myself for my own personal use but decided it was too much work.

want_some

Quote from: Igabod on January 24, 2015, 01:46:54 AM
Quote from: want_some on January 23, 2015, 06:47:52 PM
-Snip-
I'm hoping the Animal Husbandry mod gets updated. It's definitely my favorite TTM thing. No rush though. I'm well aware of how much work there is to be done to update this mod. I already looked into updating it myself for my own personal use but decided it was too much work.

Yea, i seen the amount of code just for the main but figured i was up for the challenge. What makes it worst, i have no C# experiance but now im picking up ways to update the code by comparing the code from A7 to A8. right now, just a few things have been renamed to something completely diff. but i usually find them.

One issue is the old way of tracking food decay/rotting. took me 30-45 mins to find the new method for it. but now, i have to rewrite some code that used the old method and update the xml to use the new method. It's al a learning experiance, but at least im learning as i go xD

I will eventually update all the patch mods thats included i the zip here. I do have a small todo list right now already.

Todo List:
1. Update TTM Main
2. Update CustomEvent
3. Update Animal Husbandry
4. Help KollJak with his EONS project

I'll be posting a Thread for all these mods when i get Main done. (credits will be given to the respective creator of course.)

popster99

dude i think your taking on a big challenge trying to update this all and learn code on the way i'm impressed at how much you've done 

Kolljak

i would focus on your stuff first want_some. we still got to redo our tech tree and start getting artwork LONG before we are ready to piece them together. focus on tech tree :D i love minami

Stannis