[1.3] Vegetable Garden Project [10/23/2022]

Started by dismar, November 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

I've repacked my mod with a change in coding and tested it all by itself with no errors and it loads faster.

eDream

Holothurin

I went for the Wild Biome Plants Research and noticed something strange happening there. Before the research there were no wild Cherry trees on the whole map but as soon as it finished they started to pop up in the wild. They don't show up as plantable trees though. Actually.... none of the wild biome trees like Coconuts, Dates, Figs and Pineapple are plantable. Is that intended? Because mushrooms do show up from the beginning of the game.
I'm using Nature's Pretty Sweet and Jec's Tobacco and Cigarettes mod as well but above VGP in the load order. Not sure if thats the issue?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Holothurin on February 13, 2018, 01:23:03 AM
I'm using Nature's Pretty Sweet

I really don't know if this has anything to do with it, and this will probably be the last time I mention it because I don't want to feel like I am going around bashing it all the time because it does have some great work in it from what I can tell. But NPS author has been MiA for a bit and there seems to be a lot of issues people were having from his mod. If I were anyone else and I am having strange things like this happen in my game, one of my first things to try would be removing NPS and see if this fixes the issues. I don't know if what NPS does only applies to it's biomes, but I remember reading about it doing a lot of weird stuff with terrain changes and the weather and such, so this would definitely be a red flag for me.

dismar

Mushrooms are always available! Just requires hydroponics. But I will look into all this soon. Thanks

VincentJ

Hello

I just had cider must from pod and I would like to turn it into cider. What should I do ?
I searched brewery but found nothing to do with it.

dismar

Build a fermenting barrel and set it to Cider

ultra4

My prep table dosn't include the soy milk recipe.... danm.... why? has both the tofu recipies.

I'm actually going for a game called "vegan challenge", because rimworld is so easy (...) , so is the only milk available the coconut? Has this been removed? you can survive without any milk, but seems like a bug since it clearly says it's there

PASorenson

Love the crap out of your mods, especially Garden Fabrics since that allows for recycling deadman's clothing and conversion of crappy leather types into a single type for better storage, but one problem arising out of that is you then end up with tons of hemp, fur and other things which aren't necessarily useful and hog up space. Next time you take a hammer to garden fabrics, any chance you could introduce a sister bill to making blended leather to let you convert all those furs and cloths into regular Cloth for easier storage and utilization elsewhere (repair kits for the repair mod, various medicine production mods that use bandages and the like, so on)?

dismar

Quote from: ultra4 on February 27, 2018, 08:57:14 AM
My prep table dosn't include the soy milk recipe.... danm.... why? has both the tofu recipies.

I'm actually going for a game called "vegan challenge", because rimworld is so easy (...) , so is the only milk available the coconut? Has this been removed? you can survive without any milk, but seems like a bug since it clearly says it's there

HI! the item soy milk is gone! BUT the recipe is still in game make seven milks. takes (soy) beans and turns them into milk.

Quote from: PASorenson on February 28, 2018, 05:12:11 PM
Love the crap out of your mods, especially Garden Fabrics since that allows for recycling deadman's clothing and conversion of crappy leather types into a single type for better storage, but one problem arising out of that is you then end up with tons of hemp, fur and other things which aren't necessarily useful and hog up space. Next time you take a hammer to garden fabrics, any chance you could introduce a sister bill to making blended leather to let you convert all those furs and cloths into regular Cloth for easier storage and utilization elsewhere (repair kits for the repair mod, various medicine production mods that use bandages and the like, so on)?

yes I can look into that.

Canute

Blended/bleached fabric, made out of all fibre material like wool,hemp,cloth,devil...
Just the question about the stats, should it be like cloth, then you don't even create a new fabric and just create a recipe "Blend fabric into cloth".

dismar

Thanks guys! I really like these ideas.

Joedox

Hello Dismar,

Would it be possible to add a menu in the barrels of fermentation to choose the type of alcohol (menu as for the walls (wood, iron, granite ...)).

Joedox

ultra4

Quote from: dismar on February 28, 2018, 07:09:35 PM
(...)
HI! the item soy milk is gone! BUT the recipe is still in game make seven milks. takes (soy) beans and turns them into milk.
(...)
Didn't see it..  :o ;D thnks, it was hard to miss

Have a sugestion, could you add some last tier recipies to use with the "more veggies" mod? Like make the pizza use flour+cheese+meat equivalent + tomato(?), extra hard, so with the best buffs, like: move, manipulation, filtration...
Sometimes when you reach that hard recipie doesn't mean the colony can keep making it, stuff happens.... frequently, it's good to have simple options too, but those super meals with many different stuff is a great goal+reward

Does anyone has an updeated spreadsheet?

na921004

Is there a way to allow tamed animals to eat the harvested crops in storage?
I use Smarter Food Selection mod with a custom XML that makes tamed animals prefer eating crops over others.

Is it just because the two mods are incompatible? If I get rid of Food Selection will my animals be able to consume crops from this mod?