[1.3] Lighter than fast - Crystals - Lanius - Clone bay - Teleporters

Started by ethouiche, December 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Yep, github working fine.
Just some cosmetic suggestion:
- create a zip archive you can put under the release tab at github. You don't need to include the source there.
- Add the link for Alian framework
https://github.com/erdelf/AlienRaces
to the requirement at the original post, so people don't need to search for them.

SpaceDorf

Awesome :)

Now I have reason to build a ship and go on a epic quest  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

ethouiche

That part of the mod is under heavy construction. I think i need a FTLmodder that would know how to read in a rimworld save game that i would have to create when the vessel is launched :o Then create an original savegame for FTL. Pretty easy to describe if you ask me 8). maybe a tad bit harder to do :)

ethouiche

- Add the link for Alian framework
https://github.com/erdelf/AlienRaces
to the requirement at the original post, so people don't need to search for them.
:check: Thanks.

Quote from: Canute on December 29, 2017, 05:44:51 AM
- create a zip archive you can put under the release tab at github. You don't need to include the source there.
Remove the csharp source is not very critical to me. There is a zip download button in github. I surely misunderstood what you meant.

Canute

Currently you only made the master branch.
But did you notice, you have a release tab there too ?
Thats basicly the place you should store the version you have released, while the master is your working.
And you can store older releases too, you will notice there are allways some people who like to play older rimworld releases.

But thats just cosmetic, i think you don't use Github as workplace just as distribution alternate for the steam-workshop.
Then just keep it like it is.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: ethouiche on December 29, 2017, 10:03:06 AM
That part of the mod is under heavy construction. I think i need a FTLmodder that would know how to read in a rimworld save game that i would have to create when the vessel is launched :o Then create an original savegame for FTL. Pretty easy to describe if you ask me 8). maybe a tad bit harder to do :)

Interchanging stuff between games.. now that would be a wet Dream come true.. I was not thinking so far.

Though with " Save Our Ship ".  ... *droools*

* SpaceDorf cancels thinking lost in Day Dreams *
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Call me Arty

You beat me to the punch, I was getting really tempted to try and figure out how to code so I could make this same mod myself. I agree with some of the other posters, in that the graphics need some work. I think taking some hints from other creators would help out a lot. For example, a poster a while back was working on "Urgals" (basically orcs with horns).
He turned this: into this .
Now, to somewhat match the humans in the game, he didn't give his Urgals pointy ears, ugly noses, or fangs, because pawns don't have ears, noses, or mouths. Instead, he added yellow eyes and horns, which would fit in, as all animals have eyes and creatures like elephants or caribou have tusks/antlers. Some of your designs contrast with this pretty hard, like Mantis who have arms despite the fact that nothing else does, or the Zoltans that look very human (if humans were made out of energy), so they could be as simple as just recoloring the default human pawns. Mantis could also be very similiar to the Apini mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881864390&searchtext=apini, which is very simple and fits in well with the base game. A slanted body, a head that's fairly sized, simple.

Sorry if this is a rambling post, and I would also like to make it clear that in addition to me being bad at coding, I don't do art either. These are just suggestions.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

ethouiche

=>
=>
=>
=> (now i realize this sprite was very very ugly)

I tried to leech as much as possible from Apini  ;D, Is this okish  :o?

https://imgur.com/a/ymEda

Harry_Dicks

Holy crap, yes dude! This mod is looking better and better EVERY DAY! Seriously keep it up and this mod will be a must have. I am impressed with your dedication and hard work, keep it up!

ethouiche

Thank you  ;D

Coming next if everything goes fine.

What could it be ?  ::)

Feedbacks, criticisms, suggestions are very welcome.

MineFoxC

so you can start playing rimworld,you got to space,move the save file generated to FTL,then play FTL until you lose...BUT instead of having your adventure end,some escape pods make it out of the wreck,to a new planet{moving generated save file,please wait},and they land on an alien planet,a rimworld XD
that's definetely a VERY complex thing to do,though someone has already done something similar:there was a mod for Europa Universalis 4,where when you started a battle,instead of the dice rolls and randomness,it opened up{i don't remember the game,like a medieval strategy game where you make battles and test them}a strategy game where it would take the result at the end,and take it back to EU4,calculating who won the battle,and how many losses were taken on each side.
so it's not impossible,just hard.
"They ask me:
how did you get banned from so many communities?
I answer:i don't even know...i guess they don't like wallhacks/aimbot/lag hacks/god mode/infinite ammo?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: MineFoxC on December 31, 2017, 02:35:25 PM

so you can start playing rimworld,you got to space,move the save file generated to FTL,then play FTL until you lose...BUT instead of having your adventure end,some escape pods make it out of the wreck,to a new planet{moving generated save file,please wait},and they land on an alien planet,a rimworld XD
that's definetely a VERY complex thing to do,though someone has already done something similar:there was a mod for Europa Universalis 4,where when you started a battle,instead of the dice rolls and randomness,it opened up{i don't remember the game,like a medieval strategy game where you make battles and test them}a strategy game where it would take the result at the end,and take it back to EU4,calculating who won the battle,and how many losses were taken on each side.
so it's not impossible,just hard.

I know what you are talking about, but are you sure you aren't just thinking of a Total War game? :) They are like a "Lite Paradox" game, that has a turn-based grand campaign, but then switches to RTS mode when your armies meet for battle (although they can be auto-resolved if you don't want to play them.)

MineFoxC

Oh that's the one,a mod that when there is a battle in EU4 it opens Total War{don't remember wich one} and automatically puts in the troops numbers of both sides and starts the battle,so you can actually influence the outcome,then at the end it takes the result and tells EU4 how the battle ended,like a script or something,no idea,but that's how it's supposed to work
"They ask me:
how did you get banned from so many communities?
I answer:i don't even know...i guess they don't like wallhacks/aimbot/lag hacks/god mode/infinite ammo?

Harry_Dicks

The Total War games aren't half bad on their own. I remember I had my dad drive me to Best Buy to get Rome: Total War on release day, how cool was I?! 8)

Call me Arty

Quote from: ethouiche on December 31, 2017, 10:25:17 AM
=>
=>
=>
=> (now i realize this sprite was very very ugly)

I tried to leech as much as possible from Apini  ;D, Is this okish  :o?

https://imgur.com/a/ymEda

Yes, actually! I don't mean to offend, but the updated textures are far better than the old ones, and could fit in with some other mods. I would recommend making them a darker green with black/red eyes so that they very obviously are not Zoltan.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!