[1.3] Lighter than fast - Crystals - Lanius - Clone bay - Teleporters

Started by ethouiche, December 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Beautimus! I love glow! More glowy everything! ;D

Call me Arty

Holy crap yeah, that's glow's awesome. I thought the Zoltan were good before, but that's even better! Great job man!
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Harry_Dicks

There was a new mod that just came out here called, Apparel Gizmos From Comps, which will of course do as the name suggests. However, the mod author told me that not all building comps will work with apparel. I asked him about a firefoam belt (Yes I know there is already a mod for that, but I just wanted to make sure I was understanding him) and he said that yes, with his mod, you should be able to do something like that. Glow is also a building comp, and today I'm going to tinker around with it and see if I can get glowing power armor. OOOORRRRR glowing robes for my cultist! I'm doing a whole red and black color scheme with them. How fucking cool would it be if I could let them all have a red glow when they wear their cultist robes? Ahhh, looking forward to messing around with this!

ethouiche

Thank you guys.
I updated the rocks, zoltans, engies. I miss rock hulk body. I used their ship shades for their body.
I tried to use the engie vessel pattern as a nano technologic hint. Not very conclusive to me. Their body is not nano  >:(

Call me Arty

The pawns are looking great! Any idea what's coming next? If you're just going down the line, then Slugs are next in line for adjustment, right? Or are you planning something else, like weapons, more structures (Say, Rock Plating walls or "charge beds" for zoltans that work like reverse solar panels, maybe?).
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

ethouiche

I am messing around without purpose.
I wanted to create the tp bench, then realized the mindcontrol bench was half done and ended up updating some Engi backstory/Names.
Me modding

I want the mind control victim to have a natural mentalbreak. I force a mentalstate for now, and it restricts the effects dramaticaly.

Do engies have a sexuality ? how do they reproduce/survive as a species ?
There is event, but i think it's about engis vessels sexuality.

This suggest engies, 3d print and/or activate their sibblings/children.
What do you think ?

Call me Arty

Quote from: ethouiche on January 21, 2018, 04:43:07 AM
I am messing around without purpose.
. . .
Do engies have a sexuality ? how do they reproduce/survive as a species ?
. . .
This . . . suggest engies, 3d print and/or activate their sibblings/children.
What do you think ?

"I am messing around without purpose." Can I get that on a T-Shirt or something?

As far as the Engi go, no clue on how they reproduce, nor the Zoltan. It's probably safe to assume that Engi are built somehow, though that picture could just as well be a clone bay or intensive care unit as a birthing/construction chamber. Meanwhile: Mantis hatch, Rockmen (who aren't actually rocks, humans are just jerks like that and some aliens with really thick, hard hide and called them rocks) do it like humans, but the Engi, Zoltan, and Lanius are kinda just mysteries. I don't even wanna know what the slugs do.

As far as gender, probably safe to think of the Engi and Zoltan (and Lanius) as sexless. Computers and batteries don't really have a need for gender.

ethouiche

I am less concerned with zoltan sexuality : they have a female gender. Engies are male only afaik and with their body nature, they seem vulnerable. Do they rely on electronics device ?

I have found a delightful content quarry :
https://wonderwig.deviantart.com/gallery/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg4eSwuxSgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg4eSwuxSgA

FTL commmunity is impressive
QuoteI don't even wanna know what the slugs do.
Are you teasing me about a hermaphrodit behaviour ?
QuoteComputers and batteries don't really have a need for gender.
Wow that's non organic life phobic ! If i was a toaster, i would be offended.

Call me Arty

Quote from: ethouiche on January 22, 2018, 05:06:42 AM
Engies are male only afaik and with their body nature, they seem vulnerable. Do they rely on electronics device ?

FTL commmunity is impressive
If Engis are male only, then they're probably not male, but this is kinda like asking if The Termintor is male (they're a robot, and don't do anything that defines a "male"). As far as body nature, they're not vulnerable, unlike the Zoltan. The best way to describe their bodies is probably like a swarm of flies or something, just made of metal. A punch could go right through them, but getting punched by a lot of really tiny things at the same time doesn't sound really painful.
Also, what do you mean by "rely on electronic devices"? They've got lots of drones, which they use for combat, and seem to use lasers during ranged combat. Otherwise, I'm sure they do what they can to defend themselves.

The FTL community is pretty impressive. I love it despite how small now. I can only hope that Enter The Breach inspires the same kind of passion and community.
I don't even wanna know what the slugs do.
Are you teasing me about a hermaphrodit behaviour ?
No, hermaphrodites can be beautiful, just watch some Japanese cartoons /s. It's sentient bruised-bananas getting it on that make me feel uneasy.

QuoteQuote
Computers and batteries don't really have a need for gender.
Wow that's non organic life phobic ! If i was a toaster, i would be offended.
I don't have anything against non-organic life, I just don't want them using my bathrooms or watching my kids is all.

ethouiche

I tweaked the mind control bench again. Some impossible mentalstate are still triggered. I dont want them to dig corpses if there is no corpse. Checking everything seems expensive.

It's still fun. There are two options. I wish someone tried it.

ethouiche

Doing some tests with the neverending mind bench :

Harry_Dicks

I bet you could make some crazy console/mod thing like dubwise has with consoles on Rimatomics.

But I'm sure that whatever you're doing with mind control or the neverending mind bench is going to be awesome!

ethouiche

Eureka ! It's dynamic ! Wooden benchs are so hypster omg.
I still need to work on the rules.

I have never played my mod legitly and i wonder if people even construct this thing. I know there are some ressources that should be annoying to get.I dont know if you can rush it and if it's game breaking. Mind control a trader is quite effective. The full control should no last long and not even happen everytime.

A neverending(as long as someone is behind the bench) control would be fun.

Thanks Harry and Arty for your support.

Call me Arty

Quote from: ethouiche on January 27, 2018, 04:59:01 AM
Thanks Harry and Arty for your support.
No problem man, happy to help.