[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

Quote from: ptx on October 31, 2018, 02:59:27 PM
VGP patch, Blizzarisk, the text says fifteen fabric, while the products are 11.

Thanks, changing that in next update!

Regarding the slugs, I want them to be slow, they are slugs :) I can make Genetic Rim make some weird implants for them hehehehe

jpinard

I got this error in my log:

BodyDef AA_Slug has BodyPartRecord of SnakeBody whose children have more coverage than 1.

zizard

I found that the cactipine has underrated combat power compared to vanilla animals. I specify for cactipine because I have not checked for other animals. But perhaps it would be good to generally review the combat power values? They are quite important for manhunter pack size and raid point calculation.

Modo44

Following the Nightlings, I think it was simply the result of spawning them in groups on game start. Their early hunting cycles are synchronized, so they end up killing way too much. It clears up later.

Also, I am sorry for the poor OG Rimworld predators. Even bears are fodder. Playing on boreal forest maps, it seems like there may be too few herbivores to eat.

Ruisuki

123nick

Would it be possible to have the animal events be separate from raids instead of acting like a raid type? I heard they did according to someone on the rimworld discord which stops the more threatening raid. Maybe some of the animal events could be made more threatening, like a raid with a tamed enemy gallatros or something

SargBjornson

Right now only the arctic lion attack, the summit crab and the black hive raids are on the ThreatBig category, the other events are Misc

jpinard

Quote from: SargBjornson on November 01, 2018, 11:40:39 AM
Right now only the arctic lion attack, the summit crab and the black hive raids are on the ThreatBig category, the other events are Misc

Are normal human raids classified as ThreatBig too?

Namsan

I think Gallatross should resist psychic shock from psychic shock lance.
It's too anti-climax for me.
Hello

Hexwall

Hey, thanks for carrying on the torch with this mod! Quick question, do nightlings need a special condition or whatever to reproduce? I have a female one that says her eggs are at 50% because they need fertilization. Not knowing if a wild male one was gonna shag her I tamed one. It has been, idk, three days? and they havent woohooed yet. Every other animal ive ever had always fuck. Do they need more time?

moonra

I had a Feralisk event in my boreal forest base that was pretty silly, her eggs were all "ruined by temperature", so no swam of spiders in my area and when it got colder [she showed up in Fall] she just left. I'd say either increase her temperature resistance or prevent the event from happening when it's gonna be too cold for her, no idea if that's possible, though. 

jpinard

Quote from: moonra on November 02, 2018, 01:34:08 PM
I had a Feralisk event in my boreal forest base that was pretty silly, her eggs were all "ruined by temperature", so no swam of spiders in my area and when it got colder [she showed up in Fall] she just left. I'd say either increase her temperature resistance or prevent the event from happening when it's gonna be too cold for her, no idea if that's possible, though.

Nah - I think it's good as is.

Hexwall

Quote from: Hexwall on November 02, 2018, 12:08:47 PM
Hey, thanks for carrying on the torch with this mod! Quick question, do nightlings need a special condition or whatever to reproduce? I have a female one that says her eggs are at 50% because they need fertilization. Not knowing if a wild male one was gonna shag her I tamed one. It has been, idk, three days? and they havent woohooed yet. Every other animal ive ever had always fuck. Do they need more time?

Nvm, they fricked fracked and she laid eggs

Lyca0n

This mod is awesome....Holy tits, it feels so vanilla its amazing

Giraffe

giddyup compatibility would make this a must download