Whats the funniest thing you have ever seen in Rimworld?

Started by Sepkan, August 06, 2014, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aramati

As the coward I am, I'm afraid to leave my pawns hunting dangerous animals like panters. Maybe my solutions is pet turtles.

Almost all panters' death in my map was from figthing a turtle!

Turtles are dangerous.
Is "End tables for stools" the new "Human leather cowboy hat"?

scorlew

In a previous game a few months back, my most productive colonist was an optimistic psychopath.
Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ

Kirby23590

Call me insane but my best colonists back in A14, two in fact were.

An Pyromanic who is Abrasive. Who is an very good builder in the colony and a good shot in sniping.

And a Psychopath who is also Abrasive. Who made a lot of high quality weapons in crafting & smithing and is deadly with an masterwork shotgun called the monkey, he also made a lot of enemies in the colony along with the other Abrasive pawn i had since he's a psychopath and an abrasive jerk.

But they were still my best players, i won't forget that my Abrasive Pyromanic Master builder started a fire during the wedding. luckily he did it outside the wedding ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Jfour

Just goes to show, there's someone for everyone, I guess.

[attachment deleted due to age]

B@R5uk

I had two pawns that mutually hated each other, never had a deep talk. And at the end of the day they got into social fight after one insulted another. Once fight was over I made one which win rescure the loser to the hospital. Their mutual hatred after this incident was more than -30 IIRC. Now the funny part of the story. My hospital is narrow with only two beds and share room with laboratory. After some time to my great surprise I found out that these two fellas grinded away their disagreements and having a lot of deep talks turned out to be bosom friends.

Arkay_The_Arcane

Once, two of my colonists decided to marry. During the wedding ceremony they decided to divorce.

JayratX8

not so much as a seen as a thing. i have a colonist; a female pawn i dubbed buck with the last name rogers, that started off grabbing the helmet immediately after we landed. she wore this helmet till i got a brawler with a higher melee skill, she has the cutest curly hair ;D now another high skill brawler shows up. so i buy a marine helmet, not event having the time to select my newest brawler, buck charges in and grabs that helmet! i think she's feels self conciseness about her hair.
Take it easy; Take it sleazy, Take it anyway you can. BUT! remember, don't squeeze the Charmin.

Rakha030806

My funniest thing that happened to me is a grizzly bear attacked a megasloth

and they both got hit by a lightning

5thHorseman

So lightning from a dry thunderstorm hits a boomalope and kills it.
It explodes, knocking out a wall of an ancient structure with insects inside, all while one of my colonists is walking by it.
So he runs, and the other two (it was the first year of a crash landed scenario) start shooting.
A thrumbo I didn't notice walks between the shooters and the insects, and gets shot.
It gets angry.
3 seconds later everybody's on the ground and the man in black shows up. He gets mobbed by angry insects and the thrumbo.
The fire from the boomalope and the other lightning consumes the 4 colonists.

The End.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Bodhran777

Once had a prisoner named Dinosaur in my base that I kept around as a cleaner and stone block crafter.  One day, one of my colonists dropped some wood in a doorway, letting Dinosaur wander out.  Of course, the surrounding wall on the base was unfinished, so she decides to make a run for it.  Just as night was setting in, I look around for Dinosaur and notice she's not around.  I finally find her about 30 yards from the edge of the map on her way back to her prison cell.  Turns out, she almost escaped, but got tired right at the edge and decided to head back to bed. 

My colonists closed the door and finished the walls very quickly after that.

Alchemist

One of the funniest cases was when a trader caravan (pirate merchant I think) with a single muffalo visited. I browsed their wares, traded a few things with them and left them stay near my defenses. Then a hungry bear decides to chew on their muffalo. As those traders don't restrict use of some weapons, they not only kill the bear, but also knock out one of their guys... and the muffalo as well!
LOOT!!!
So, after grabbing whatever I'd like to keep, I decide to try selling the rest of their stuff back to them. Which doesn't really work. Because when I open the trade dialog, they have ZERO. No items, no silver, the poor muffalo was carrying everything and I robbed the entire caravan. And got reputation for saving their guy. Rescued the muffalo too, but they didn't thank me for that (well, apart from the advance thanks that dropped from the muffalo in the first place)

A most recent ridiculous case was when I got a psych ship event. I mobilized my guys, sent a sniper forward and called an allied faction for reinforcements. They land next to the ship and casually walk past it towards my base before my sniper gets in the range to trigger the mechanoids. Finally he does while the last of those reinforcements still is not far from the ship - so the mechanoids kill that guy, and the rest of them... don't even look back and continue marching to my base.
And then from the other side of the map a tribe sends their reinforcements. Yes, you guessed it, those factions are hostile to each other, so they meet on my corn field and litter it with corpses (at least didn't burn the houses down). The tribals won due to their numbers - I'd probably call them next time I need cannon fodder (oh wait, cannot use drop pods. damn).
And my guys had to deal with the mechs on their own. Fortunately, with quite some good protection mostly from juicy trade contracts, no losses. But one of them lost a lung. Which I just replaced a few days before! Anybody has an extra raider for spare parts?

5thHorseman

Quote from: Alchemist on December 10, 2018, 01:42:46 PM
A most recent ridiculous case was when I got a psych ship event.

It wasn't super recently but I had a psychic ship that I popped open with a mortar to see what was inside before assaulting it, and then spent a few days getting ready.

During that time, it emitted a huge psychic pulse that drove all the animals in the area insane. A herd of Muffalo attacked the mechanoids, and actually took 2-3 of them out before all dying. I attacked, killed the remaining mechs, and we ate muffalo that night.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Infojunkie

Had two colonists suffering from the plague being treated in the same bed, one an 80-year old man, the other a 20-year old woman.  They decided to become lovers and get married while lying there.  He died in short order and she went berserk and had to be put into cryosleep.  I built a sarcophagus next to her cryptosleep casket and the random artwork on it memorialized his seduction of her.  Ewwww.....

ManHuntingSquirrel

Once,some cocaine fell from a escape capsule,i keeped it in my storage.
A few days later,i find a squirrel dead next to where i left the drug,he died of overdose.

Sorry for bad english
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO