[A13] [POLL] Temperature Control v2.41 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, December 16, 2014, 06:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which feature do you find the most useful in this mod?

E-Heated Floors
Small Fan
Small Heater
Industrial Heater
Industrial Cooler
I use a a couple of them regularly (comment below to specify which ones please)
I use them all equally

Riftmaster

In A8 I commonly used small fan + small heater in my individual colonist rooms - thus keeping my colonists happy and comfortable when sleeping, so long as there was power.

Edit:  Be interesting to see how that changes with the A9 updates.

Must test.

Keymaster89

I used a lot centralized industrial heaters in A8... i used a combo of 6 to regulate my whole mountain wide base temperature...
I'm glad u added also industrial cooler... i will also use them a lot in A9! My actually condition for keep my base cool during summer was 30+ cooler stacked togheter in 3 parallel rows, all pointing a separate corridor with a vent facing the outside... the vent corridors reach teperatures like 150-160 C°... this is really inefficient...
I really like the concept of the vents but they kinda didn't work properly... if u have a row of 3 rooms connected togheter with vents i noticed that if u put an heat source in the far left/right room, the room at the opposite side will struggle to equalize to the other 2... i don't know why this happen... i also tried to put multiple vents in opposite orientation, it seems it helped a little bit but the problem isn't solved... i'm missing something?
Thanks for the work anyway... this mod is essential ^^

Also... can i suggest couple ideas?
1. Geotermal Heat Distribution System (a.k.a. GHDS). it's a new version of geogen that produce less power compared to the standard one, but u could generate heat with/or electrical power... it could have the power of *insert-number-here* industrial heaters, resulting in more efficient heat and power generation. The power generation could be fixed but i think it will be cooler (hehehe heat joke ^^) if it will produce less power accordingly to the heat generation active or not, heat on-less power, heat off-fullpower.
2. Fridges. Simple, a 2x1 machine that will keep for a relatively low power cost couple stacks of food always under 0 C. They may have also an internal battery to fight little power shortage.
3. Termal conservative doors. i noticed that anytime i open my fridge room, the temp goes suddendly up 1-2 C... it is kinda annoying... A specific heat conserving door i think is in order...
4. Central Thermal Control. This is a really advanced machine. When active it use a fair amount of power, but can regulate all other machine that alter temperature, shutting them off automatically when not needed instead of make them go low power mode.
5. Open/close vents. The ability to simply shut the vents to prevent their funcion when not needed.
6. Termal excursion dampeners. Those act like batteries for heat, they equalize with the current temperature really slowly releasing heat, or absorbing it, while doing so.

Hope u like it ^^

Igabod

Quote from: Keymaster89 on February 19, 2015, 05:06:14 AM
I used a lot centralized industrial heaters in A8... i used a combo of 6 to regulate my whole mountain wide base temperature...
I'm glad u added also industrial cooler... i will also use them a lot in A9! My actually condition for keep my base cool during summer was 30+ cooler stacked togheter in 3 parallel rows, all pointing a separate corridor with a vent facing the outside... the vent corridors reach teperatures like 150-160 C�... this is really inefficient...
I really like the concept of the vents but they kinda didn't work properly... if u have a row of 3 rooms connected togheter with vents i noticed that if u put an heat source in the far left/right room, the room at the opposite side will struggle to equalize to the other 2... i don't know why this happen... i also tried to put multiple vents in opposite orientation, it seems it helped a little bit but the problem isn't solved... i'm missing something?
Thanks for the work anyway... this mod is essential ^^

Also... can i suggest couple ideas?
1. Geotermal Heat Distribution System (a.k.a. GHDS). it's a new version of geogen that produce less power compared to the standard one, but u could generate heat with/or electrical power... it could have the power of *insert-number-here* industrial heaters, resulting in more efficient heat and power generation. The power generation could be fixed but i think it will be cooler (hehehe heat joke ^^) if it will produce less power accordingly to the heat generation active or not, heat on-less power, heat off-fullpower.
2. Fridges. Simple, a 2x1 machine that will keep for a relatively low power cost couple stacks of food always under 0 C. They may have also an internal battery to fight little power shortage.
3. Termal conservative doors. i noticed that anytime i open my fridge room, the temp goes suddendly up 1-2 C... it is kinda annoying... A specific heat conserving door i think is in order...
4. Central Thermal Control. This is a really advanced machine. When active it use a fair amount of power, but can regulate all other machine that alter temperature, shutting them off automatically when not needed instead of make them go low power mode.
5. Open/close vents. The ability to simply shut the vents to prevent their funcion when not needed.
6. Termal excursion dampeners. Those act like batteries for heat, they equalize with the current temperature really slowly releasing heat, or absorbing it, while doing so.

Hope u like it ^^

I like all those ideas, but most of them seem way beyond my current skill level to implement. I might look into building the geothermal heater thing but can't promise it will be as advanced as you describe it. As for the vents, this mod doesn't include them at all, they are part of 2 other mods. And now there is even less need to include them since temperature now equalizes through walls, doors, floors, and roofs apparently.

Keymaster89

Quote from: Igabod on February 19, 2015, 10:00:03 AM
I like all those ideas, but most of them seem way beyond my current skill level to implement. I might look into building the geothermal heater thing but can't promise it will be as advanced as you describe it. As for the vents, this mod doesn't include them at all, they are part of 2 other mods. And now there is even less need to include them since temperature now equalizes through walls, doors, floors, and roofs apparently.

Ups sorry... didn't know about the vents... i just picked up 2 modpack and sticked in my A8 client... i thought was yours ^^'

Igabod

Quote from: Keymaster89 on February 19, 2015, 12:15:02 PM
Quote from: Igabod on February 19, 2015, 10:00:03 AM

Ups sorry... didn't know about the vents... i just picked up 2 modpack and sticked in my A8 client... i thought was yours ^^'

Ah, yeah if it was in a mod pack then it's not mine. Only one person has seen fit to include one of my mods in a mod pack but then he closed that thread.

MadsMartinMadsen

First thanks for the mod, great work and I enjoy having it a lot.

On the poll you asked to tell what we used most.
For me it is:
small heater and small fan.
I love them in the individual colonist rooms.

And the industrial cooler too, but not as much.

The rest I honestly don't use very much.

hagnat

i don't know if this was suggested or not, but one thing i would love to create is air ducts, which would allow me to place the AC/Heaters in one spot and direct the airflow to rooms in my base

SpatialNeeds

I routinely use the industrial systems; they're efficient, economical, and aesthetically pleasing.  They're also quite lore friendly, as what space age technologically advanced species would be wholly reliant on space heaters for climate control? =/

Igabod

Quote from: hagnat on February 20, 2015, 04:21:09 PM
i don't know if this was suggested or not, but one thing i would love to create is air ducts, which would allow me to place the AC/Heaters in one spot and direct the airflow to rooms in my base

It has been suggested, and I like the idea. But that is a bit too far beyond my abilities to implement. There is a mod which adds vents to the game, but I'm not sure if it has been updated for the new alpha yet or not.

shade88

Quote from: Igabod on February 20, 2015, 06:04:55 PM
Quote from: hagnat on February 20, 2015, 04:21:09 PM

It has been suggested, and I like the idea. But that is a bit too far beyond my abilities to implement. There is a mod which adds vents to the game, but I'm not sure if it has been updated for the new alpha yet or not.
If you're talking about the Central Heating mod, the modder didn't update it themselves, but someone did post a hotfix for A9.

Humort

Я был бы рад, если автор этого мода, сделал бы систему центрального отопления, боле логичную и экономную..., которая бы работала по стенам, как провода, от единого центра отопления, (который бы работал от электричества, газа, пара, или простых дров)....
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Igabod

Quote from: Humort on February 22, 2015, 11:33:51 PM
Я был бы рад, если автор этого мода, сделал бы систему центрального отопления, боле логичную и экономную..., которая бы работала по стенам, как провода, от единого центра отопления, (который бы работал от электричества, газа, пара, или простых дров)....

Google Translate says: I would be glad if the author of this mod would make a central heating system, logical and economical Bole ... which would work on the walls, as the wires from a single center heating (which would work on electricity, gas, steam, or simple wood) ....

What I understand from that is you want a single heater that will heat the whole base with wall conduits. I'm afraid I don't have the programming abilities to do that and it isn't possible in XML as far as I know. It would be really cool though. I'd definitely implement it if I knew how.

Humort

Quote from: Igabod on February 22, 2015, 11:46:09 PMНасколько я понимаю, вы хотите одного, что нагреватель нагреет всю базу стеновые проходы. Я боюсь, что я не имею способности программирования делать, что и это не возможно в XML, насколько я знаю. Было бы очень здорово, хотя. Я определенно хотел бы реализовать, если бы я знал, как.

Тогда, давайте устроим, мозговой штурм? Ведь должны же быть возможности, воплотить это.
*Допустим, если сделать так?
1) Труба - которая проводит "тепло", но не греет.
2) Котельная - которая отапливается, и является поставщиком "тепла".
3) Батарея - которая принимает "тепло" и обогревает помещение.
Собственно "тепло", является аналогом электричества, но имеет другие функции...
Ну и соответственно, котельная имеет свой определённый предел, что требует при необходимости, достраивать дополнительные котельные...

p.s Это как вариант, может вам что-то понравится, или вы сможете что-то придумать на основе моих идей, если у вас это получится, я буду очень рад, так как смогу играть с ещё большим удовольствием)
p.p.s Извините меня, за использование русского языка в описании, но таким образом, у меня больше уверенности, что меня понимают, нежели я коряво буду переводить через переводчики...
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Igabod

Quote from: Humort on February 23, 2015, 01:23:30 AM
Quote from: Igabod on February 22, 2015, 11:46:09 PMНасколько я понимаю, вы хотите одного, что нагреватель нагреет всю базу стеновые проходы. Я боюсь, что я не имею способности программирования делать, что и это не возможно в XML, насколько я знаю. Было бы очень здорово, хотя. Я определенно хотел бы реализовать, если бы я знал, как.

Тогда, давайте устроим, мозговой штурм? Ведь должны же быть возможности, воплотить это.
*Допустим, если сделать так?
1) Труба - которая проводит "тепло", но не греет.
2) Котельная - которая отапливается, и является поставщиком "тепла".
3) Батарея - которая принимает "тепло" и обогревает помещение.
Собственно "тепло", является аналогом электричества, но имеет другие функции...
Ну и соответственно, котельная имеет свой определённый предел, что требует при необходимости, достраивать дополнительные котельные...

p.s Это как вариант, может вам что-то понравится, или вы сможете что-то придумать на основе моих идей, если у вас это получится, я буду очень рад, так как смогу играть с ещё большим удовольствием)
p.p.s Извините меня, за использование русского языка в описании, но таким образом, у меня больше уверенности, что меня понимают, нежели я коряво буду переводить через переводчики...

Thanks to Google, I am no longer bothered when people speak other languages. As long as you don't mind clarifying some points where Google fails to provide a good translation occasionally then there shouldn't be any problems.

As for your suggestions, almost all of that requires a .dll to make it work. A .dll requires C# programming skills which I don't have. I can make edits to C# code, sometimes, but I'm not skilled enough to write an entire program from start to finish.

Humort

Quote from: Igabod on February 23, 2015, 01:37:33 AM
As for your suggestions, almost all of that requires a .dll to make it work. A .dll requires C# programming skills which I don't have. I can make edits to C# code, sometimes, but I'm not skilled enough to write an entire program from start to finish.

Тогда, давайте попробуем упростить это всё?

К примеру, таким образом:
1) Создать предмет, который может встраиваться в стену, и нести источник тепла от электричества?