[A15/A16] [MODLIST] ItchyFlea's Small Mods

Started by ItchyFlea, February 20, 2015, 02:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kali666

Quote from: Der Failer on January 04, 2017, 07:50:11 PM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 02, 2017, 08:11:38 AM
If anybody can verify if my mods works in A16 as-is, please reply.

I'm sorry that I haven't updates the mods. I work a total of 3 jobs, so my free time is quite limited. If anybody wishes to update my mods for me that will be appreciated. I will try to provide official updates, but I can't guarantee anything. At the moment the best location to find updates to my mods are the forum threads dedicated to them. My sig should link you to a list of them.

Happy New Year Everybody. ;D
Target Practise is fine, just the targetVersion and you're good to go.

RTG's is generally ok as well, none the less I've quickly added coords for the ASRG research and add Electricity as a prerequisite to research it, as well as to build the RTG (no more RTGs/ASRG before electricity for your Tribe, sorry).

Animal Hide Working wasn't to hard either. Small change to Megascarab and done.... well, it always bothered that stuffed animals were in the apparel category and rugs couldn't be moved once build... so i fix both. I was also think for a moment to move rugs to the taxidermy table as well, but decided not to change your mod to far, since this is supposed to be a update not a rework...
Anyway, hope you are ok with the changes i made.

Holy fuck shit Thanks dude!

Tammabanana

No Raids Storyteller, A16'd, attached

Except I removed the preview pic from the "About" folder in this version so the .zip would be small enough to attach here. >.<

<threatCycleLength> became <threatOffDays> and <threatOnDays>; thanks to Skullywag for helping me interpret how to translate old to new!
StorytellerCompProperties_CategoryIndividualMTBByBiome and StorytellerCompProperties_JourneyOffer added, copied from Phoebe's.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

ItchyFlea

I have updated the OP with links to updates to my mods. I did not do the updates. Please send thank-you messages, etc, to those who did the updates. They fully deserve the credit for doing the updates.

If you have done an update, or know of an update to one that isn't listed, let me know and I'll update the OP to link to said updates.

I want to give an extra special THANK YOU! to those who have made updates available. I cannot put into words how happy it makes me feel to see that you enjoy the mod so much that you are willing to put in the effort to update it and make it available for others.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Tammabanana

You're welcome!

IMO, pop in a note on the OP that "Stonecutting Tweaks" has been incorporated into vanilla A16. It'll be obvious to anybody who's already migrated to A16, but I totally wouldn't be surprised if ST is one of the mods A15 holdouts are watching for. Absolutely necessary.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Tammabanana

Medical Training, A16'd, attached:

• <WorkToMake> becomes <WorkToBuild> for buildings.
  • Target version changed.
  • No <Mass> added - vanilla benches aren't using it. I'm assuming if it's not minifiable anyway, it doesn't need mass. That's gonna make the miniturization mods interesting!

Tammabanana

Don't Mourn The Dead, A16'd, attached:

No changes necessary, except the target version.

Dryerlint

I love the RTG. They're really simple technology in real life and I just can't understand why you wouldn't build one if you were stuck on some far away world.

Canute

No wonder he call himself "Der Failer" he failed to add a proper work to the RTGs ! :-)))
Both just need 1 work to made, i suggest 100 and 150 for the adv. one.

Zebukin

Hi. Tried Animal hide working.
Looks cool, I like it. Especially for tribal.
But it have very low material cost. I think, yo got data from wiki.
It is wrong for A16. Now i am collecting new data.
So 100% leather in a16 is:
Turtoise = 20
Grisly = 54 (holy big turtoise!)
Hare = 14
Boomrat = 14
Human and  Alpaca  =29
Fox = 16 (almost like hare! Feed her please)
Megasloth and Mooffalo = 50
Squirrel and Rat = 10 (big fat creatures)
Racoon = 14
Deer = 27
Boar = ?
Also MegaSloth and bear rugs would be cool (i mean warm) too!

Rhino wa about 62,
The other way, that will not depend on quantity balance is gaining full hide from full corpse (with legs) on the butchering table (for compatability).
If «try to take rug» is available meat gain will be 15% lower than character have and hide will drops not with 100% chance.

Der Failer

I'll look in to both Animal Hide Working and RTGs. I hope, to get to it tomorrow (UTC+1).

Thundercraft

Quote from: Canute on January 13, 2017, 06:57:15 AM
No wonder he call himself "Der Failer" he failed to add a proper work to the RTGs ! :-)))
Both just need 1 work to made, i suggest 100 and 150 for the adv. one.

If you looked at the code before making this accusation, you'd see that it still says <WorkToMake>2500</WorkToMake>, which is the same as it was in the A15 version. The problem is that in A16 Tynan changed <WorkToMake> for buildings to require <WorkToBuild> tags, instead. RimWorld does not trigger an error message over this and, instead, just defaults it to 1 work.

As modders usually just look for error messages and corrects them, many modders overlooked this A16 change. (See this post or this post.) I spotted at least half a dozen mods in my /Mods/ folder with this issue and I've read about several others, so this is a fairly common problem.

It's not like Tynan posts a modding announcement with each version, with details of all XML and code changes, to help modders to know what to do. And the game itself is often rather cryptic or silent on problems. If anyone is to blame, I suppose it might be Tynan for not making it easier to update mods or debug them.

We should be grateful to Der Failer for even attempting to update Itchy's mods to A16 as he isn't even the creator. I can tell from experience that updating mods can be a major time sink and not terribly fun, esp. when it comes to updating someone else's mods.

On the subject of making the advanced RTG require more work to build, I agree. 2500 work may sound like a lot, but it's not. That's the same work as building a solar array, while building a geothermal generator requires 6000 work. So, I suggest that the simple RTG require 3000 work and the advanced version require 6000 work. (That would be like changing the current 30 seconds to build into 36 seconds for the simple RTG and 72 seconds for the advanced.)

Der Failer

I finally got Animal Hide Working updated and working with only minor compatibility problems.
It took quite a bit longer then i expected and i had to change more then i originally intended to, but i ran in to some problems which needed workarounds (if anyone is interested i can provide some more information on that topic).
Updated Target Practise and RTG's as well.
More information and downloads can be found here in my original update post.

Thyme

What exactly is Animal Hide Working (and what does it do)? I couldn't find any description, just the update post with a changelog. Thank you in advance!
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Der Failer

Quote from: Thyme on January 17, 2017, 03:00:07 AM
What exactly is Animal Hide Working (and what does it do)? I couldn't find any description, just the update post with a changelog. Thank you in advance!
Here is the OP, Animal Hide Working allows to stuff (taxidermy) animals, as well as to craft animal rugs (both from corps) and install them like art sculptures to beautify your base.

The picture in ItchyFlea OP seems to be broken, so i quickly made a new one and attached it.
Please note that this mod uses some old graphics (like Boomrat or Warg) and all newer animals are not included.

Thyme

Nice reference to Ramsay Bolton. And squirrels are bigger than Huskies lmao.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak